My Australian 1998 HSV Clubsport :)

niko

Car(s)
HSV 5.0 VT CLUBSPORT
I bought a Series 1 VT Clubsport - Rubens Red Mica, 128,000km in late 06'.
Build # 1098. The Build Date is 08/98 which is practically the plate.

This was my first Holden, rebadged as VAUXHALLS for Europe.
I had about 5 falcons (Locally made Fords) before this! and did enjoy having/driving them.
I figured that i may aswell do it right and get a factory tuned unit with every option available. I kid you not when i say this.

l_1277d21f9449ed336302b7b14a37db03.jpg

I just love the VT Senator grill, it just adds that little extra that finishes off the already good looking body kit.

l_44e77ca321f74b07ba3ba5eba10890f9.jpg

It came with original leather HSV compendium and papers.

Coulson Bucket Leather "HSV" embossed electric seats, Supple black leather Shale door inserts, with wood grain highlights on air vents, radio and centre console inc electric window buttons. The only interior addition not being originally optioned are the;

VY Clubsport Satin Chrome Aluminium door handles. &
Satin chrome matching '17I' Charcoal leather GTO Monaro coupe Auto Shifter.

The Claudia Schiffer seats!!!
l_29957fb0894a763580b68808be7e5b00.jpg

I was at a HSV Club night while they had some drivers visiting; Greg Murphy and Jason Richards of Team Firestone (Australian drivers). It was nice that they signed it for me!

l_5c7ec3eab68453a38d611383fb62325a.jpg

The brains have been updated to the Stroker 5.7 ECU & Memcal "CFZD". This resolved an overfuelling issue i had (obvious from the exahust). It's burning just right now though.

Factory HSV Extractors/Headers, with HSV Exhaust still intact, the only non factory component being the straight through tailpipe. Nice bark ;)

l_a04ae2ce8a8a3bbf5c8b85907a006955.jpg

Sunroof fitted at Garry Warren Dealership with a 2-Way Electric sunroof with AUTOMATIC Closure upon walking away, timed and on locking.

l_d3467209f195ebec18051d542491342d.jpg

Original HSV VT Senator Wheels (the factory clubby ones are ugly...)
GTS brakes with original HSV Discs, 330x32mm Ventilated/Slotted discs coupled with Massive twin piston HSV laser engraved calipers for the front, whilst the rear is running 315x18.5mm Ventilated discs.
Handles and brakes unbelievably. Even though it's not lowered.

l_aea0ce8ba46ee8c1f5a74e4cbcfb91f1.jpg

Oil of choice; Mobile One Full Synthetic 5w/50.
Oil is much more expensive than the standard grade 20/50 i used to run in the falcons!

ExtraNotes:

some things however i believe shouldn't be on cars, ie, lots of aftermarket gear that you can buy, but if it came from factory, it usually looks like it should be there, subtle additions.

and and and...it was reviewed by Clarkson in 1999 HEAD to HEAD...good old series 1 hsv's!!!

However mine's running the unstroked 5.0 and it's only automatic...some things i wanted to upgrade but the opportunity arrose at the wrong time.

here's the segmant:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=dgaAr8vSOIY

So is that just a 304?

Still a nice car, nice unit.
Was a series II too much or was this just a great deal?

I love the cherry paintwork, dunno the 'official' Holden name for the colour.

I'd blank my plates out on a public forum though.

In the first pic looks like it has CV8-R wheels on...are they?

^ he says it in the first line of the post; Rubens Red Mica. Dont go around telling people at parties that though or you'll be on your own before you can even get to the brakes and the bit about the sunroof ;)

Nice car though. Not what I'd have personally but yours looks like a really nice example and you'll have a lot of fun with it! :)

Did this one have the 3 or 4 kw engine?

Here's a thought, how about you keep your Evo fanboism out of other's people's threads about their own cars?

You're doing a superb job of reinforcing the stereotype of Evo drivers btw.

Last edited:
How many k's on the old girl? Must've been hard to find one still in good condition? I had a mate who had a worked VP SS with the same 5L engine... Damn they sound good when done right. Love the colour too!

Last edited:
It's only the 304 yes.
I couldn't find one with everything that this had, as you can see, practically every option, i had my eyes on a gts 6spd box at one stage.

The motor is tight and performs well, and the noise can't be matched by an LS1. *without spending serious cash for proper exhausts. where as mines factory

i might have tried it out against my mates VY SS with half the km's...and it was amusing to be still looking at him through my window the whole time!

why blank. it's the cars build number :)

I might have had 19" GTS copies on it at one stage.

So is that just a 304?

Still a nice car, nice unit.
Was a series II too much or was this just a great deal?

I love the cherry paintwork, dunno the 'official' Holden name for the colour.

I'd blank my plates out on a public forum though.

In the first pic looks like it has CV8-R wheels on...are they?

cheers, i do, it's rubens mica, but hsv call it rubens red mica.
or for the simpletons, i mean girls....burgundy! :D

it's a pleasure to drive.

^ he says it in the first line of the post; Rubens Red Mica. Dont go around telling people at parties that though or you'll be on your own before you can even get to the brakes and the bit about the sunroof ;)

Nice car though. Not what I'd have personally but yours looks like a really nice example and you'll have a lot of fun with it! :)

3.5 :)
Did this one have the 3 or 4 kw engine?

no sorry, i was on the freeway and there is a slight bend there, so i had to pay some attention to the road too. :)

got any more pics of the lambo?
:p nice car!

evo's are cool in their own little way.

Here's a thought, how about you keep your Evo fanboism out of other's people's threads about their own cars?

You're doing a superb job of reinforcing the stereotype of Evo drivers btw.

atm just clocked 150.
yeah was fairly hard, it wasn't as clean as it is now, though, have spent many many long hours detailing it extensively, but it gets hard as it's my daily driver too!

exhaust=sexual...stock extractors, dual 2 1/4" piping off each bank into a y peice 2.5" straight thought tailpipe. Great sounding!

How many k's on the old girl? Must've been hard to find one still in good condition? I had a mate who had a worked VP SS with the same 5L engine... Damn they sound good when done right. Love the colour too!

VT Clubsport option,

couldn't get them in the base models :p

i had an el fairmont before this, you may have seen it about it had "n1ko" number plates, and now the new owner has FRDMSL on it, heritage green in immaculate condition and 5spd with xr6 computer and it was lowered.

prior i had 1 ea in auto and 1 ed manual

current project is an ef ghia loaded to the max with factory options and my brother has his own el fairmont atm.

prior he had an Ef fairmont, Herrod tuned EF xr6

i know the e-series fords backwards.

My mate just sold an EF XR6 in Gunmetal Grey. Not a bad car for its age. Previous to that he had a BA MK2 XR6T, but that was a shocker.

VT Clubsport option,

couldn't get them in the base models :p

i had an el fairmont before this, you may have seen it about it had "n1ko" number plates, and now the new owner has FRDMSL on it, heritage green in immaculate condition and 5spd with xr6 computer and it was lowered.

prior i had 1 ea in auto and 1 ed manual

current project is an ef ghia loaded to the max with factory options and my brother has his own el fairmont atm.

prior he had an Ef fairmont, Herrod tuned EF xr6

i know the e-series fords backwards.

Ah, sorta sounds familiar.

I'm in the East so yeah.

I'd rather a ED with my wheels but, meh, better engine so I can't complain.
I just need a LSD for it now.

Yeah it'd be an option, but I thought it was first on the VX, you learn something every day.

anyone not aussie care to comment? lol

loving fuel atm. $.95!!!

the hsv tune loves the standard 91 octane, loving late 90's hsv 220kw tunes. i've tried the 98 stuff and noticed no difference, if anything i gave it more and ruined any fuel economy!

especially without the rear muffler!

hsv have such a good exhaust package from factory, i honestly don't know why people need to upgrade at all!

dual 2 1/4 from each bank all the way to the diff, were it's connected wih a y-peice 2.5" pipe and fat tip.