French & British Nucular Subs Collide Underwater

Occupational health and safety sensationalism and brainless comments in 3...2...1....

I don't believe for one moment this was accidental. From what I recall reading somewhere, a lot of these submarines in peace times are used to record other countries' ships and subs propeller noises, so that in the event of WW3 they can identify an enemy vessel without needing to go to periscope level and indentify them by sonar. A british invention I hasten to add.

Question should be; who was spying on who?

I like the headline

BRITISH and French nuclear submarines which collided deep under the Atlantic could have sunk or released deadly radioactivity, it emerged last night.

They could have also turned into red snappers and been eaten by the Prime Minister at a sushi bar, but they didn't. Thank you media.

As for crashing into one another, the world's air forces and navies love to track and stalk one another for training, especially the submarine forces. One was probably following the other and failed to use his turn signal, of course they will never willingly tell you this was going on.

Call me naive, but I think this actually was an accident. Just like planes will hit each other once in a while, it was a question of time that submarines would cross each others way at the wrong time. The small chances aside, I don't even find it that odd. I can imagine that they probably would have known of each other if they were looking for other boats, but deep in the sea on some route, you won't be having all your ears out all the time since the chance to hit another boat is minimal. Not minimal enough it seems however... :)

The French submarine was actually just on a test mission to see how well white flags display underwater.

Do you know why the french subs have glass bottoms? So they can see the previously sank french subs!

Yes that was modified from the french ships joke!

I think the main problem was that french submarines have, just like french tanks, only reverse gears. a bit hard to reverse such a large ship around the ocean :p

I lol'd. Thats what you get when all your subs are invisible on radar... :lmao: