Proposal: Top Gear vs LAPD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
I was talking with some friends last night and the topic drifted to the chase culture of Los Angeles. I started thinking about something Clarkson said in one of the News segments about how horrible all the chases are out of the UK. In the US you get big V8 Fords or even the occasional Camaro or Mustang running down a suspect with half the LAPD in tow and a flock of helicopters overhead. The entire city comes to a screaching halt as everyone turns on the telly or runs outside to watch the chase.

The Top Gear boys have already attempted to make police interceptors, with questionable success.

So here's what I have in mind, the Top Gear Presenters vs the LA's Finest (or at least the police department).

I envision a series of driving challenges ranging from precision driving to showboating - slalom, drifting, etc. One challenge I would like to see would be out at the training course where the cops practice the PITT maneuver. Have the presenters drive the "suspect" car and the police in the inteceptor. The presenters get points for how far they can get before being disabled by the police. Then switch roles, let the presenters chase the cops and try to disable them.

Finally, combine all of the stuff they've done into a propper LA chase, but run in legs like a relay race. Each presenter takes a leg of the chase, culminating in The Stig.

They can also work in their car reviews by showing up in the cars they think would work best in a police chase.

Reactions: MWF
That would be very cool.

that'd be awesome! I must admit though, when I read the thread title I thought you were talking about the LAPD chasing the TG crew. They had a show in Russia (Fomenko was on it actually (he's one of the TG Rus presenters)) where two teams/cars had to get away from the PD. It was pretty cool

We have good chases in Britain you son of a bitch!:)

I've seen the Road Wars on BBC America.
The chases are crap, but seeing an officer smack someone over the back of the head after getting busted for possession of marijuana twice in one day was pretty funny. :p

And
USA+Ford+Mustang.jpg

vs....erm...
Vauxhall_Astra_Police_car_top.JPG

Last edited:
We have good chases in Britain you son of a bitch!:)

A stolen Corsa full of Hoodies being chased by an Astra diesel around a council estate? :rofl:

This, my friends, is what makes Britain great. It's all about the comedy! ;)

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-6BEcp91cY[/YOUTUBE]
"Don't start playing silly buggers!"

Damn...British police actually care about the people they arrest.

Oh yeah?

0863741-lg.jpg

mitsubishi_south_york_evo_x_image00.jpg

524573597IbVpBg_ph.jpg

anpr.jpg

I've seen the Road Wars on BBC America.
The chases are crap, but seeing an officer smack someone over the back of the head after getting busted for possession of marijuana twice in one day was pretty funny.

I am surprised they show it in America. I've seen a few good chases on there. What channel do they show it on, does anyone know?

It contained images and you had two posts or less, so it automatically gets filtered or whatever. Try again. :)

Sorry, but the UK police livery is silly.

Ahem...
caparo-t1-cop-car-1-big.jpg

and also:
lotus-esprit-s4-police-car.jpg

and don't mess with
smart-police-car_460x0w.jpg

oh, shit... wrong pic. Trying to find that DB7 police car.

Those decals were applied for like 2 hours for that photoshoot from memory

Status
Not open for further replies.