Chrysler doesn't want your money

Chrysler's redesign of the 300C should just use the PMP-600 from GTA4 as inspiration; it's based on the 300C and looks unbelievably badass.

See here also.

ROFL, absolutely I just finished playing that game recently :)
BTW, anyone else get those irritating test drives that involve nothing more than a bunch of right turns and no freeway speeds? I was so close to buying a car not long ago and the salesmen REFUSED to let me do a single left turn. He got all excited about me buying a car, I continued to egg him on for a good 45 minutes then said "I don't want it, I have no idea if this pile of shit will even turn left, let alone have a massive failure at 45mph"
You just got a shitty salesman, I was test driving a 6spd A4 at some point (wanted to trade mine in for it cuz I got failmatic) and didn't really know how to drive stick too well so the salesman only got uncomfortable when I accidentally launched off the line, before that I almost stalled a couple of times and went from 2nd to 1st instead of 3rd and he was more or less OK. My friend who was with me and test drove the car before me since he does drive stick well he had no problem with going on and off the highway and driving all over.

Another friend of mine who never driven a stick in his entire life before was getting a BMW Z something and the sales person took him to an empty parking lot and taught him how to drive stick.

Last edited:
That happened to our family friend in LA. He walked into a Bentley dealership in a polo and pants (with a turban as he was Sikh). He asked to testdrive a car, and they said "no. why don't you try something a little more your class" or something along those lines. He walked to a Mercedes dealership right next door, and bought a car within 30 minutes (he didn't really care about money), and proceeded to park it in front of the Bentley dealership, walked in (he made sure they saw the new car), and said "That wasn't too hard now, was it?"

That actually sounds a lot like an oft-repeated Finnish legend with an eccentric geezer going to a Mercedes dealer/other pricey make, by bike/other humble transport, and since he's not taken seriously, he drives back to the dealership with a just-bought brand new Volvo/other to mock them.

That actually sounds a lot like an oft-repeated Finnish legend with an eccentric geezer going to a Mercedes dealer/other pricey make, by bike/other humble transport, and since he's not taken seriously, he drives back to the dealership with a just-bought brand new Volvo/other to mock them.

From Evo #124 :

"As it turns out, Bristol have never been snooty about letting people into their dealership. During Tony Crook's time, for example, a tramp wandered in, produced a blue saucepan from his carrier bag and asked them if they could make him a car in the same colour. Crook proudly replied that they could, at which the tramp told him to hang on to the pan ecause someone would be "back later with the money".
Crook was well used to dealing with vagrants - he used to delight in annoying Rolls-Royce by paying one to sit on their London Motor Show stand - but even he was surprised when a lady arrived that afternoon with a suitcase full of money from her boss, the eccentric Australian billionaire who liked to test the mettle of upmarket establishments by stumbling into their premises dressed as a tramp."

From Evo #124 :

"As it turns out, Bristol have never been snooty about letting people into their dealership. During Tony Crook's time, for example, a tramp wandered in, produced a blue saucepan from his carrier bag and asked them if they could make him a car in the same colour. Crook proudly replied that they could, at which the tramp told him to hang on to the pan ecause someone would be "back later with the money".
Crook was well used to dealing with vagrants - he used to delight in annoying Rolls-Royce by paying one to sit on their London Motor Show stand - but even he was surprised when a lady arrived that afternoon with a suitcase full of money from her boss, the eccentric Australian billionaire who liked to test the mettle of upmarket establishments by stumbling into their premises dressed as a tramp."

Mwahahahahahha that is priceless.

ROFL, absolutely I just finished playing that game recently :)

You just got a shitty salesman, I was test driving a 6spd A4 at some point (wanted to trade mine in for it cuz I got failmatic) and didn't really know how to drive stick too well so the salesman only got uncomfortable when I accidentally launched off the line, before that I almost stalled a couple of times and went from 2nd to 1st instead of 3rd and he was more or less OK. My friend who was with me and test drove the car before me since he does drive stick well he had no problem with going on and off the highway and driving all over.

Another friend of mine who never driven a stick in his entire life before was getting a BMW Z something and the sales person took him to an empty parking lot and taught him how to drive stick.

I've had it happen, so did my dad and his previous wife. Hell one of those dealerships that did it was one said previous wifes own son and daughter in law worked at.

The salesman at the Volvo dealer offered the same for me. I was 16, and they had a s60. His comment "It's not that hard to learn. Get in the drivers seat, and I can show you how to drive manual".

But my story took place in America and its true.

Last edited:
That never happens out here.. it's all about "Why don't you try this automatic instead?"

That never happens out here.. it's all about "Why don't you try this automatic instead?"

Before I went and bought my car, I was considering financing a newer Subaru from a dealership. I called and asked if they had anything used with a manual for, say, under $10,000. They said they had a '99 Impreza Sedan with 101,000 miles. I said that a manual transmission was the dealbreaker for me, I absolutely would not buy an automatic. They said that wouldn't be a problem.

I get to the dealership and look at the car. "This is exactly what you're looking for. The only problem is that it's an automatic." This is the gentleman I spoke on the phone with.

I spent close to an hour teaching an 20 year old kid how to drive a manual one slow weekday morning. You would think all that personal attention would at least earn me a return call when I leave him a message, or two but no he never has called back.

If you changed your mind and bought some other car or decided to buy nothing at least have the common courtesy to call the salesman/woman back and let them know that if they follow up with you.

You give off the impression that he wasn't being PC enough for you... on a forum where 100% of it's membership is getting pretty fed up with a fucking (fake) PC world.

That was not the point. I have seen arrogant Americans who are just as bad as the BNP, that is what the statement struck me as- stupid nationalistic pride. For me to point it out is politically incorrect, anyway. It wasn't racist or stated.
It seemed to be implied.

I don't want any more negative reps. I missed the point and admitted it. I am now just responding to an apparent (?) neg rep.

I don't understand the fascination with automatics; unless you are old, tired, or otherwise unable to shift with a clutch it seems lazy. And it is never as satisfying to drive; at least in my experience.

Beetle is excellent summertime and throw around the corner at dumb speeds car. It is however HORRIBLE blizzard car. I had hell yesterday when it froze it's window open, which is horrible because it needs to drop when you close/open the door to fit under the roof. I had to TAKE THE ROOF DOWN in the snow, then close the door. dfhgljhsdlfg. Then it could barally get out of the parking lot because plow people are dumb and left big slush pile where I had to put my wheels to turn. FWD, FRONT WHEELS IN SNOW. Oh yes that went well. I do not know how I did not die.
Summery: Jeep is truck. I need it for truck things, like snowplows and driving over stuff. Bug makes bad truck I need it + truck.

I would say get an old Beetle; but you would freeze to death even as it crossed the parking lot mechanically unscathed.

I don't understand the fascination with automatics; unless you are old, tired, or otherwise unable to shift with a clutch it seems lazy. And it is never as satisfying to drive; at least in my experience.
My next car is going to be an automatic, simply because it's easier on my dogs; automatics just shift easier and make the ride more pleasant for them. I'll score bonus points with them if I can find a CVT.

I'm probably a minority, but that's at least my fascination with them.

Last edited:
No you're wrong Crazyjeeper, Jeeps are just crappy. Because my Gr. Cherokee wouldn't have 170K+ miles on the original engine & drivetrain and still run like a champ if it were built um.....properly!

Damn you, Jeep! Why the hell has mine gone 12 years now without a single major mechanical failure? Why can't you be less bulletproof like real cars?!

I must be pretty damn unlucky then. I know one person from Brighton that's got one and one Texan and they both have had engine failures at around 100k.

I'm not saying I can't be wrong; I just must be very unfortunate or you and Crazyjeeper very lucky...

My next car is going to be an automatic, simply because it's easier on my dogs; automatics just shift easier and make the ride more pleasant for them. I'll score bonus points with them if I can find a CVT.

I'm probably a minority, but that's at least my fascination with them.

Ride quality I don't care about but understand your point; easier shifting hopefully means easier on the driver rather than smoother or mechanically better.

I must be pretty damn unlucky then. I know one person from Brighton that's got one and one Texan and they both have had engine failures at around 100k.

I'm not saying I can't be wrong; I just must be very unfortunate or you and Crazyjeeper very lucky...

It's exceedingly rare for the 4.0L Jeep I6 to have engine failure before 200-250,000 miles.

It's exceedingly rare for the 4.0L Jeep I6 to have engine failure before 200-250,000 miles.

As I said, I might be wrong. I had not done any statistical research, this was based purely on my own experience.

You must not sit in much traffic. There are tricks to avoiding the constant pain in the ass that is stop and go traffic, but that assumes the traffic around you will not be full of assholes who won't let you keep even the slowest of pace.

When you're stuck in traffic you don't exactly give a fuck about how you can feel the clutch engagement or the shifter engaging the gear. Can't forget clutch wear. I've known a few people who sat in the worst of SoCal traffic and would go through a clutch clutch in 60k miles (For those wonder, it's LAX- Corona about 10 years ago). Clutch jobs aren't exactly cheap either.

And the latter way is how most Americans look at it. They aren't enthusiasts, don't care about the slight mpg gain, and will rarely even rev their engines out.

Last edited:
For most people (the enthusiast population is not the majority), the auto really doesn't have any drawbacks, and it's easier to use.

^sadly, that makes much sense...