Sit down, breathe into a bag: Ford gets UAW to agree to concessions

I'm unfortunately getting the American Leyland vibe, too. Mainly from Tim Geitner... who, the more I hear about, the less I like. However, I did like that the big gov't auto team whozits were unimpressed by a cruise in the Volt and the new Ram.

Unfortunately, what is likely to happen is this:

1. The government claims its due and takes over GM and Chrysler.
2. Obama, Pelosi & Co mandate that GM and Chrysler make only green cars (of the type nobody wants.)
3. Nobody buys them.
4. Upon discovering that wishing and legislating does not make things so, ObamaCo then goes ahead and enacts "playing field levelling" legislation that pretty much means that the only cars that *can* be sold for a reasonable amount of money in the US are "green cars". Of course, limos and super high end exotics suitable for "the power elite" like them will still be allowed, but for the rest of us? Greengaiawagens.
5. (Wishful thinking here, but not too far off a realistic base) Somewhere down the road, Texas gets fed up with the stupidity and the futility of trying to run ranches with Greengaiawagens, tells the Feds where to go and leaves the union. (Whereupon we then start exploiting *all* the natural resources of Texas plus start building lots more nuclear plants. Please note that Texas, right now, has guns, heavy industry, high tech industry, nuclear power plants, a small navy, it's own army, and nuclear weapons. That's more of a claim to nationhood than, say, Kosovo.)

Last edited:
Yup. Still not clear on the concept, are they?

At this point, I hope they get hit by that train.

I begin to wonder if James Hetfield or Lars Ulrich ever got stuck with a crappy UAW product...

Hetfield is an avid Hot Rodder.

5. (Wishful thinking here, but not too far off a realistic base) Somewhere down the road, Texas gets fed up with the stupidity and the futility of trying to run ranches with Greengaiawagens, tells the Feds where to go and leaves the union. (Whereupon we then start exploiting *all* the natural resources of Texas plus start building lots more nuclear plants. Please note that Texas, right now, has guns, heavy industry, high tech industry, nuclear power plants, a small navy, it's own army, and nuclear weapons. That's more of a claim to nationhood than, say, Kosovo.)

Not just from Texans either :tease:

Unfortunately, what is likely to happen is this:

1. The government claims its due and takes over GM and Chrysler.
2. Obama, Pelosi & Co mandate that GM and Chrysler make only green cars (of the type nobody wants.)
3. Nobody buys them.
4. Upon discovering that wishing and legislating does not make things so, ObamaCo then goes ahead and enacts "playing field levelling" legislation that pretty much means that the only cars that *can* be sold for a reasonable amount of money in the US are "green cars". Of course, limos and super high end exotics suitable for "the power elite" like them will still be allowed, but for the rest of us? Greengaiawagens.

I like 5. On the guns thing...I'm stocking up. :mrgreen:

And the rest of the Union will say good riddance! Keep your horrible politicians.

Y'know, it's almost too bad GM can't get its head out of its ass, they have had so much potential to make good cars. Oh well.

Not just from Texans either :tease:

And the rest of the Union will say good riddance! Keep your horrible politicians.

That's okay. We'll keep the approximately 37% of the Federal budget that Texas taxes contribute. Hope you can keep the lights on with what's left. Oh, and speaking of keeping the lights on, our reactors and power plants keep several states' lights on - hope the Feds can figure out how to make that work without us.

Also:
1. Bush is from *MAINE*.
2. With the latest move from the Obama administration, he's single handedly put himself below Bush in the Presidential rankings: http://forums.finalgear.com/politic...-treatment-at-va-facilities-34482/#post932537

Obama thinks that soldiers should have to pay for treatment of their war wounds.
Nice, huh?

I begin to wonder if James Hetfield or Lars Ulrich ever got stuck with a crappy UAW product...

About 8:05 into the vid...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQj095yldOw[/YOUTUBE]

Metal Mullets FTW!!!

Ha, I don't see them allowing that ever.

Still good work on Ford's part. They still have to pay more and offer incentives to get people to actually show up for work, but it is progress.

They will definitely fight that tooth and nail, as reward/punishment based on job performance goes against everything the unions stand for, but who knows, maybe some ppl will be smart enough to realize they have to adapt and change to survive in the new reality. Those that won't and drag their families down with them, that's on their heads.

Haha, drop out of the union? Didnt you guys try that once?

I'll be the first in line at the recruiting station to "kill me some texans" if that happens :D

That's okay. We'll keep the approximately 37% of the Federal budget that Texas taxes contribute. Hope you can keep the lights on with what's left. Oh, and speaking of keeping the lights on, our reactors and power plants keep several states' lights on - hope the Feds can figure out how to make that work without us.

Also:
1. Bush is from *MAINE*.
2. With the latest move from the Obama administration, he's single handedly put himself below Bush in the Presidential rankings: http://forums.finalgear.com/politic...-treatment-at-va-facilities-34482/#post932537

Obama thinks that soldiers should have to pay for treatment of their war wounds.
Nice, huh?

Do you know where to get information on states GSP?

I was looking at some stats and in 2005, Texas had a larger economy than Australia! About $1 million less than Mexico. (Texas was ranked #10 in the entire world with the addition states. California was #7)