Seat Exeo

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
Saw this in Dickys mirror column...

It's basically the old A4, but with the A4 cabrio dash which is apparently nicer.
I think this is a great car, although the ?20k price tag stings, ?15k woulda been more acceptable.

SeatExeo1.jpg

SeatExeo2.jpg

SeatExeo3.jpg

SeatExeo4.jpg

SeatExeo5.jpg

SeatExeo6.jpg

Hardly awe-inspiring and doesn't hide it's roots well but the interior is very nice. Also now they finally have a proper saloon Toledo replacement rather than that horrific MPV thing.

wtf..

Audi rebadged into a Seat?

LOL the interior is almost exactly the same as my car...except the air vents and the dials which of course is from the cabrio.

the steering wheel, center console, navigation, and doors are 100% the same...although the seats looks better in the seat than the audi's

Hey, that looks nothing like an Audi A4 - honest!

The exterior doesn't look good, the interior does. And well, it's an A4, so it's a good 2+3-seater.

The front is meh, rear is cool, interior is really nice. What is the cost difference between this and the new A4 in Europe? I mean if this was available here for like $30K (dreaming) it seems to totally be worth it.

No mistaking the fact it's an Audi product. Could be worse, much worse, though. Only problem I see is people buy a used A4 instead, to miss the depreciation of a new car Seat.

Watched a TV advert, and my initial thoughts where, well if you didn't know Seat was part of the VW/Audi group, you sure do now. Sucker for the A4 so I like it just the Seat badge puts me off in the same way I would not buy anything from Skoda or Fiat. Pity about the huge S grill.

hm.. I wonder if Seat would finally get some bigger VAG engines under their hood. the 3.6 would be a good start, coupled with AWD haldex..

Oh no!

I was hoping it would pass unnoticed in the forums. :no:

Seat just gave me one more reason to hate them. You haven't got enough money to build a new car to replace the BIG failure that was the Toledo... FINE. But to simply borrow a last gen Audi A4 and stick the front of the new Ibiza and the back of an old TOLEDO (when it was some sort of "saloon" car) and the interior of the A4 cabrio... no just no!

You might think: Hey!! It's a cheap Audi A4. Don't fool yourselves... it isn't.

But if you pay less in the first place depreciation isn't that important, and the badge doesn really matter, does it? I would buy a Lambo Gallardo with a Skoda badge for 30 kEuros right away.

Very simple: it's a SEAT.

I hate when people try to tell you that a SEAT is good because it's a Volkwagen. "And you know Volkswagens are German, so they are good."

No it isn't a Volkwagen, and if you want a Volkwagen/Audi so bad, why didn't you buy one in the first place?

I'm not saying that SEATS aren't well built because I think the people at Martorell do a really god job with the cars. And I really think they can be really good cars (see the Leon for example). But you can't pretend that a car it's the same as another one because it has the same pieces. It's more than that.

And if the "Because it has a Volswagen engine" story wasn't enough, now I have to live with listening the new story: "Because it based on an Audi A4".

How many times did I have to hear people trying to explain me why they bough a Ssang Young "Because it had a Mercedes-Benz engine"? Duh...

Very simple: it's a SEAT.

I hate when people try to tell you that a SEAT is good because it's a Volkwagen. "And you know Volkswagens are German, so they are good."
Well, actually, they are. There are VAG parts all over.

No it isn't a Volkwagen, and if you want a Volkwagen/Audi so bad, why didn't you buy one in the first place?
Because the Seat looks better and the comparable Audi and VW are much more expensive?

All with 140hp TDI and DSG:

Seat Altea: 25,090 Euros
VW Golf Plus: 27,875 Euros
Audi A3 Sportback (S-tronic inseatd of DSG): 29,050 Euros

I'm not saying that SEATS aren't well built because I think the people at Martorell do a really god job with the cars. And I really think they can be really good cars (see the Leon for example). But you can't pretend that a car it's the same as another one because it has the same pieces. It's more than that.
I agree that a car is more than its pieces, and the feel you get in an Audi is better than in a Seat. But then again, you pay much less for a Seat.

And if the "Because it has a Volswagen engine" story wasn't enough, now I have to live with listening the new story: "Because it based on an Audi A4".
Let's say "you get as close as possible to an A4 for much less money" then.