The "New Toys" Thread

OK Ice, nice try, but we all know she's just a diversion.

good on ya! I joined the PS2/GT4 club late last year too, and it is teh awesome...I'd kill to have a setup like yours though, PC+bigass TV+PS2 + wheel in the same room is badass

I see you're working your way through the licences :p

yeah, both the PC and PS2 are hooked up to the HDTV, but I have the 22" monitor cloned so I can play PS2 and use my pc the same time without having to switch channels(inputs) on my TV.

And yeah, I just finished all the licence test : )

New watch!
pic1.jpg

IMG_3550.JPG

Not exactly sure how "passion" figures into it, but okay.... There's three similar ones coming.

Last edited:
IMG_3550.JPG

Not exactly sure how "passion" figures into it, but okay.... There's three similar ones coming.

the engine has passion for good oil, like we have passion for ferrari etc...

New cell phone:
LG Dare (VX9700)
lg_dare.jpg

It's no iPhone, but I'd rather not have to switch carriers. The sound is great and the mp3 player works just fine and is loud enough to use while mowing the lawn (my last iPod nano got put through the wash so I've been sans player for a while).

New cell phone:
LG Dare (VX9700)
lg_dare.jpg

It's no iPhone, but I'd rather not have to switch carriers. The sound is great and the mp3 player works just fine and is loud enough to use while mowing the lawn (my last iPod nano got put through the wash so I've been sans player for a while).
I've had mine since September. It's a good phone, but there are a bunch of quirks you will have to live with:
-Don't lock the phone immediately after a call, otherwise the screen backlight will stay on. Wait until it goes back to the home-screen.
-Voice-prompts suck.
-You need to press pause twice while recording video in order to make it pause (then you can use it as a flashlight).
-High-speed camera needs insanely bright lights to work properly
-The camera makes nice photos, but you need to snap them and wait about 5 seconds for it to process it and actually take the damn thing.
-If you are playing music and go into the web-browser, you can't stop the music without closing the browser itself.
-Web-pages only do 2 orientations, and not 4 like the photo-browser does.
-There is no button-scroll for the web-browser, so you have to drag and drag and drag your fingers.

Camera examples:

Not a LG VX9700. NOOOOOOOooooo! I have had only pains dealing with LG products. Mine constantly freezes during music play back of certain songs then takes about 15 mins to "initialize" all 8 gigs of my music. I already have had my phone replaced twice, one due to the battery not holding its charge. I think it lags while switching songs, taking pictures, or doing anything else important. It sometimes unlocks in my pocket calling people too. Great camera, ripped of version of a music player, videos are nice looking on the screen, however it is very laggy when trying to change from one scene to another.

Service Number:##77647269700 - Call
Service Code:000000

Thanks to Ebay I have two 8 Gb SDHC card for $60 compared to Verizon's one 8 Gb SDHC for $70.

I'm happy with it so far.
I can live with the camera lag. I had Samsung SCHa990 before and its lag seemed like hours, so anything is an improvement! Outdoor photos in the bright sun seemed to be up to par (but this is a phone not a camera so no complaints).
I'm not paying for a data plan so I don't care about the web browsing.
Got a 2GB card I used in the Samsung and just under 1GB of music on it and it seems to be working fine.
You're correct about the voice prompts - I haven't had a chance to just play around with it too much but so far I can't get it to call the correct number. My Samsung and the Motorola I had before it used the same voice rec. software that was perfect so I guess I got spoiled with it.

Well i finally got to pc store and used 2 euros for some fingerprotection.
(The shiny protector over my tool_less_fan, fins might know the word as "Amis-asennus").

the pic is thunbnail to save some bandwidth for your convinience.