Lens Flair

a few minutes after this photo, where he understeered into a concrete wall.
When you understeer in a drift competition is it more a matter of not oversteering enough or is it an actual case of the front wheels just plowing with no tail out at all?

I haven't been out with my camera for a while (because of work and revision for exam), so here's another one from last Saturday.

9233d8d05938b1f0b91d1dcd35842bda.jpg

When you understeer in a drift competition is it more a matter of not oversteering enough or is it an actual case of the front wheels just plowing with no tail out at all?

It depeneds, there are different ways to initiate drifts, such as pulling the handbrake, kicking the clutch etc. On this day, the qualification runs were done at the Hockenheimring paddock, which isnt perfectly flat all the time. Also, at the end of the main run, there is a wall, what I think happened was that his power steering died, and the car plowed straight rather than getting its tail out and when he slammed on the brakes, the wheels locked up.

Two filters on a 17mm lens on fullframe has awful lot of vignetting....
512424841_qWzRK-L.jpg

Last edited:
Guess the flower :p

https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mg/mgkdk/2009/04/23/DSC_7124.jpg

^ One e-cookie for you :D

^ I'm pretty sure this thread contains quite a few wasps...:drums:

512326634_7TSzL-L.jpg

The writing on the back says "Don't whine, drift!"

Also to note, that car is bone stock. Not a single aftermarket part on it apart from the stickers. Even the stereo is original. I love seeing a pure M5 put to good use. I will post more pics of the car tomorrow

Last edited: