Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Just for that, I'm going to put a giant rear-facing spike in my Pathfinder's hitch.... just to piss you off.

You want me to jack up my car, undo 8 bolts, and then find a place to put a giant piece of metal framing that weighs about 50lbs? How about NO.

In addition, it's there to keep smaller cars from going under my Pathfinder as well as protecting my gas tank from them.

Yeah do that spike thing. That should go over really well.

I haven't asked anyone to remove the receiver, just the hitch.

Yeah do that spike thing. That should go over really well.

I haven't asked anyone to remove the receiver, just the hitch.

A giant spike is legal in Texas.

Besides, if you hit me from behind, you're at fault. Don't you think your car deserves to die for your stupidity? Stupidity is supposed to be painful, remember?

If you're that close to the car in front, especially when its a hulking great pickup - you deserve a small dent in your front bumper, frankly.

Besides, if you hit me from behind, you're at fault. Don't you think your car deserves to die for your stupidity? Stupidity is supposed to be painful, remember?

This. My dad used to have an ML with a hitch. someone rear ended us at a light once. Damage to the ML: none. Damage to the other car: new bumper needed. it is useful for those who have them, and it is the fault of the dumbasses that rear end you if they need to replace parts on their car for hitting a hitch.

edit:
I just remembered the same thing happened when he had his land cruiser.

Last edited:
Let's not forget there are plenty of SUV drivers who don't know how to back up in parking lots. My uncle had someone crack the hull on his boat when some idiot in a Hummer backed into it. Without the hitch it'd probably been alright.

Not really an issue though, most people I know who can remove the ball mount do. When it's left in the receiver for long periods of time it tends to rust and accumulates road grime which makes it harder to remove.

I was just made a tad sadder. The Cobalt SS is being canceled, which was the only reason that the Cobalt should exist in the present day.

Just for that, I'm going to put a giant rear-facing spike in my Pathfinder's hitch.... just to piss you off.

You want me to jack up my car, undo 8 bolts, and then find a place to put a giant piece of metal framing that weighs about 50lbs? How about NO.

In addition, it's there to keep smaller cars from going under my Pathfinder as well as protecting my gas tank from them.

I'd like to do that. :mad:
Stupid old ladies rear ending me messing up my paint.....

Also, I have never banged into a hitch and because of my round hood I have NO idea where the front of the car is. The one time someone did stop short in bumper to bumper traffic on me, there were no dents just a tiny scratch from the screws on the license plate (which could be avoided, if MA DIDN'T OUTLAW THE PLASTIC COVERS). To do worse damage than that you would have to be going fast and rear end someone, and if that was the case you should be GLAD you messed up your car on the hitch because if you damaged their car instead you would enjoy a nice insurance hike from a at-fault accident.

True, but those are also assholes who are in my way. SUVs and vans should be banned for people who don't need them, only allowed for commercial purposes.

I've thought about that before.... but what I've found is the compact, mid-size and even full-size trucks aren't the biggest problem. They can be annoying in some situations, but the worst trucks are the ultra-full-size double cab or "duallys". Damn things nearly killed me, on account of the fact that they're so high up their range of vision doesn't even register me. And that's just on the Yamaha- even in the Miata I am almost rear-ended by them regularly. Of course, there aren't many here in the UK (let alone southern England), but there are quite a few in Texas.:mrgreen:

So Avus Audi have this car as well.

avus2.500.jpg

avus1.500.jpg

avus3.500.jpg

If their RS6 is called 'White Power' is this the 'Black Power?'

Last edited:
Going by the sign it looks like they're building one.