Used car preferably something I can mod

If I did I'd already have one... I did look into it at one point and time though.

you obviously haven driven the proper civics.

buy THIS then go HERE to spend the rest of your money on go fast parts

EDIT: also don't listen to the crap about blowing engines in FD's provided you give them proper maintenance and make sure the cooling system is in perfect working order the 13B-REW is fine for reliability.

Last edited:
m5lp_0807_01_z+1989_ford_mustang_lx+front_side_view.jpg

Fox body mustang

+

6094430674306-Small-Block-Chevy-447-Crate-Engine-650.jpg

Small block chevrolet swap (The only mod you'll ever need)

=
hillbilly.jpg

My dad had one when I was little, that gave me enough knowledge to say no thanks man. :yucky:

buy THIS then go HERE to spend the rest of your money on go fast parts

EDIT: also don't listen to the crap about blowing engines in FD's provided you give them proper maintenance and make sure the cooling system is in perfect working order the 13B-REW is fine for reliability.

Don't forget the tune...Wankel's are picky about their tune.

300zx-TT: Too many horror stories about expensive and/or difficult motor work.

I can back this up...Once built correctly they can be absolutely insane and fairly reliable but getting them to that point is just a huge pain. Outside of a Porsche I can't imagine too many non-super cars that are harder to work on, unless of course you do not have bones and can maneuver your arms in extremely awkward positions.

They are expensive to do right. I don't recommend for the lightly enthused tuner. Brilliant car but you must be insane or absolutely infatuated with the 300zxTT to modify one.

In case you couldn't tell...I am the proud ex-owner of a 300zxTT.

The biggest problem with the FD is the enormous vacuum nest that controls the overly complicated sequential turbo system. For some reason, it was decided that putting rubber vacuum hoses right next to TWO turbochargers on a rotary engine wasn't a bad idea after all. Of course it was, and they turn to dust or goo (sometimes both I suppose) shortly causing partial or complete failure of the turbo system and since it basically requires a PhD in vacuum line engineering to sort through the maze, most people just give up entirely swapping in some archaic iron boat anchor or a slightly more modern and aluminum version of basically the same thing.. Outside of that, the biggest problem with the FD is the mindless spanner behind the wheel.

The 86-91 RX7 Turbo II's (I still have no idea why they call it Turbo II when no turbo model preceded it :dunno:) are solid, reliable, and fast. Also fun.

Last edited:
The 86-91 RX7 Turbo II's (I still have no idea why they call it Turbo II when no turbo model preceded it :dunno:) are solid, reliable, and fast. Also fun.

There was a Turbo 12a sold in Japan during 84-85.

Yes but it was simply named the GSL-SE (not to be confused with the North American model of the same name :lol:)

The biggest problem with the FD is the enormous vacuum nest that controls the overly complicated sequential turbo system. For some reason, it was decided that putting rubber vacuum hoses right next to TWO turbochargers on a rotary engine wasn't a bad idea after all. Of course it was, and they turn to dust or goo (sometimes both I suppose) shortly causing partial or complete failure of the turbo system and since it basically requires a PhD in vacuum line engineering to sort through the maze, most people just give up entirely swapping in some archaic iron boat anchor or a slightly more modern and aluminum version of basically the same thing..

FDLS3S
:mrgreen:

6.2L V8, and no more cleaning apex seal shrapnel out of your turbo housings.
:lol:

Can you do a FD LS1 swap for 15k? Dont know, if so go for it. Also you could build a crazy awesome miata for 15k if looking for a small road race car

I didn't think I get many replys to this thread considering you guys probably get this a lot. Uumm other questions.
1. The WRX and EVO aren't those kind of expensive I mean I can't seem to find them under 15k. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place?
2. What are some other cars similar to a 350z maybe a 4 seater if there are any...
3. S2k what is it people have against these? I haven't researched much on them but the little I have done people seem to be split on them.... like half like them half dont.
4. Sorry for asking so many stupid/noobie questions I really want to make the right choice before I buy the right one to fix up.

I mean vtec has kick in yo! :p

498395686_74bd9674db.jpg

Its funny, because at times, when vtec kicks in, it feels like that.

"20, 30, bamvtec, 50. I sometimes find myself gripping the steering wheel more when there is the slight extra surge. Sure, it would be much more convenient to have continuous power flow, but the kick is part of the fun.

/stupid hondacura driver back into hole.

To the WRX under budget thing:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1203178522.html
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1202337706.html
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/1200607892.html
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/1197445226.html
already modified one:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/1194394822.html
and so on. look on craigslist.

If only I was smart enough to look at used cars when I got mine....but then again, my car is very unassuming, generic, and doesn't attract attention (the bad kind at least)

Last edited:
Sorry missed this post. About how much would that be?

Depends. If you want everything to work, and have someone else do it, quite a bit. In the case of my MG it has cost me a couple grand to complete the swap (it was done pretty half as'ed), and that is with me doing part of the work myself. Even then my car is a lot simpler than a RX-7 (the only "luxury" it had was a heater and that's gone).