Possibility that Ford Focus RS might be coming to the US!

i would rather have a fiat 500, not even the Abarth

To be honest and I know I will take a lot of flack for this, but I can't see the point of this car.

It's really expensive to start off with. Not unattainable, unless you're over the hill. And even if you managed to sell your left but for it, I don't get how it would be fun after a day of ownership to explain to the insurance agency how you managed to total it.

Fantastic car I will admit, just beyond the means of most in almost every aspect.

To be honest and I know I will take a lot of flack for this, but I can't see the point of this car.

It's really expensive to start off with. Not unattainable, unless you're over the hill. And even if you managed to sell your left but for it, I don't get how it would be fun after a day of ownership to explain to the insurance agency how you managed to total it.

Fantastic car I will admit, just beyond the means of most in almost every aspect.

Overseas it costs pretty much the same as an STI or Evo. I don't really see too many old guys driving either of those cars here.

Overseas it costs pretty much the same as an STI or Evo. I don't really see too many old guys driving either of those cars here.

The RS is quite alot cheaper than the WRX STI and the EVO X!!

In Sweden:
Focus RS: 27 900 Euros
Evo X: 37 350 Euros
WRX STI: 42 210 Euros

Last edited:
The RS is quite alot cheaper than the WRX STI and the EVO X!!

In Sweden:
Focus RS: 27 900 Euros
Evo X: 37 350 Euros
WRX STI: 42 210 Euros

27.900 ? are you sure? :think:

I think they are sold at about 32.000 ?.

EDIT: To be exact the RS is priced at 33.995 ?

Last edited:

We don't use the Euro, however:
The Swedish crown is really weak right now, so the numbers in Euro might appear lower than they should be..

Prices in SEK:
RS: 310 900:-
Evo: 415 900:-
STI: 469 900:-

But the point still stands: The Focus RS is ALOT cheaper than the Evo and the STI...
Edit. For comparison: The Focus ST costs 243 000 SEK.

Last edited:
In the UK:

List Prices:

"The fastest ever European Ford will cost less than ?25000"
"2.0 Turbo Lancer EVO X GSR SST FQ-330 Post Reg Automated Manual (Petrol) ?35999.00"
"Subaru Impreza 2.5 WRX STI Type UK Price as tested: ?24995"

Not definitive but indicative.

We don't use the Euro, however:
The Swedish crown is really weak right now, so the numbers in Euro might appear lower than they should be..

Prices in SEK:
RS: 310 900:-
Evo: 415 900:-
STI: 469 900:-

But the point still stands: The Focus RS is ALOT cheaper than the Evo and the STI...
Edit. For comparison: The Focus ST costs 243 000 SEK.

Agreed! And thanks for the info. Suddenly i feel the need to go shopping to Sweden... :rolleyes:

:lol:

Here its 77.000 ?

Evo = not imported since the dealers cant be bothered
Sti = 88.000 ?

Welcome to my communist country.

Yet you people were upset when our minister of commerce called Norway the last Soviet state! :p

We are actually, yeah.

EDIT: 67% of the Focus RS price in Norway is taxes.

Last edited:
The prices in Norway are pretty bad but still I'm sure it will top a hundred thousand in Denmark.

Edit: Nah, I was worng, looks like it's abut the same as in Norway.

Which means that before tax price has to be kinda low :think: I wonder how much would it cost to import from Denmark and tax it here...

Last edited:
Is it reasonable to assume that a RS without registration and VAT in Denmark is 163500 DKK? Or am I wrong?

Last edited: