Whale wars: Watch Eco-pussies attack japanese whalers, and fail hilariously

Lets bring this thread back to the OP point...
I actually just found this show a month back. Having some family from Pakistan staying with me they have been watching every odd channel and one day they had on Whale Wars. I am not the eco type, even tho I am from San Francisco, the show has drawn me in.

At first it was a bit of morbid thrill of wanting to see the next thing go wrong, but now its a bit like "This is actually kind of cool, and something I would want to do". Not the save whales, the whole we are going to be other numbered and out gunned and doing shits by the seats of our pants. Its an adrenalin rush and maybe if I was a bit nutter I would join just for that. I mean you cant even join the Navy and do shit like that.

As for the ethics of the whole thing, I think what they are doing is wrong at the same time the Japanes are violating laws. They are not doing "Research" so both are in the wrong. But either way, it makes for some interesting TV.

...at the same time the Japanes are violating laws. They are not doing "Research" so both are in the wrong.

Don't know why I bothered. :?

Best 2 parts of the last episode:

Watson fires a rocket that barely misses the helicopter.
Helicopter pilot to bridge - "exercise a bit of caution!"
Bridge to Watson - "pilot says exercise some caution"
Watson - "what does he mean?"

Someone on the bridge - "that's a whale, they've kiled a whale, get the captian!"
Watson - "that's not a whale" walks away
Someone on the bridge - "it is a whale!"
Watson - returns and tries to look concerned while mulling over the spike in ratings and donations.

Twerp128 said:
First we are supposed to believe he magically got shot. Now he just happens to arrive at port and what is the first thing he does when he gets off the ship, surrounded by camera's and journalists, open his fucking mail! Oh no it has white powder, what a suprise.

What a liar sack of shit, how is this guy not locked up for life?

The Japanese mistook the fat bastard for a whale and have been trying to kill him ever since. ;)

If I were in Melbourne I'd head down to the wharf and lob a few "stinkbombs" onto the deck of the Sea Shepherd. That'd be fun. :p

I'm going to embed the doco I linked to before. Recommended viewing.

[YOUTUBE]dEmltHxvz94[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]tYoptojkiZg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]7HryVek1ZOw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]GHIri790GgA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]uRagrWhjOCI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]jJAmXEzH0rA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]tAlO4tDeGpQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]GP9Fl3PTkEE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]SUq7AfgGq80[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]GsLlieD6U9o[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Voun78vohaU[/YOUTUBE]

Don't know if it's acceptable.
Let me know if I've broken any rules, or international treaties and the like.

Last edited:
Hansvon, i support your politics, but you paid an integral part in banishing my thread to a crappy subforum.

Hansvon, i support your politics, but you paid an integral part in banishing my thread to a crappy subforum.

Sorry, but mod said you can start a new thread. I have vowed to post no more propaganda in this or any other thread.

Am I right in thinking next episode is the last of this season?

If I were in Melbourne I'd head down to the wharf and lob a few "stinkbombs" onto the deck of the Sea Shepherd. That'd be fun. :p

And I would support you in doing so as a form of protest - just don't throw it at someone. :p

Seriously, though. I said in the past that I am fine with such tactics, and that goes for the opposition as well; it's a knife that cuts both ways.

I just watched the latest episode and they def. need to do more if they want to stop these people. Throwing little bottles at them is not going to stop them. To me it seems like they are wasting their time.

If they really want to stop the whales right in front of them getting killed they need to put up or shut up on their "i'll die for these whales" threat. If i were them i would shoot the whalers with actual guns, not bottles.

I just watched the latest episode and they def. need to do more if they want to stop these people. Throwing little bottles at them is not going to stop them. To me it seems like they are wasting their time.

Problem is there is a majorly fine line that barely the next step crosses. What is the next step? Paintball guns? Flashbang grenades? Real guns?

Got me what the next thing for them is. I saw next week they actually ram them with their boat.

I have a great idea, they should take out the whaling fleet with a nuclear torpedo. No need to cruise around endlessly, no annoying survivors.
Of course this would take out some whales, too, but hey, its for the greater good.

Got me what the next thing for them is. I saw next week they actually ram them with their boat.

Isn't the first time Sea Shepherd has rammed a boat, look at the back of the shirt they wear. They've rammed or sunk around a dozen ships.

two things:
1. why don't they just drop the bottles from the helicopter? Shouldn't be more illegal than what they already do.
2. It can't be that hard to ruin the whale for consumption once it' hanging on the side of the harpoon vessels, just smash it or something

It makes the helicopter a target, and I think that crosses one of the legality lines.

And I would support you in doing so as a form of protest - just don't throw it at someone. :p

Seriously, though. I said in the past that I am fine with such tactics, and that goes for the opposition as well; it's a knife that cuts both ways.

Somehow I don't think the police would be OK with me doing. Wonder why?

How could it not be fine for the opposition? As far as I'm (and maritime law is) concerned they're entitled to board the Sea Shepherd and place them all under arrest for piracy - they'd never do it of course.

To me it seems like they are wasting their time.

Well considering more whales have been taken since they started I'd say you're right. ;)

But now they have a reality show I'm sure they're raking it in.

Isn't the first time Sea Shepherd has rammed a boat, look at the back of the shirt they wear. They've rammed or sunk around a dozen ships.

What are you talking about? Watson never rammed a Japanese ship, he was caught between two ship and they rammed him! How dare you even suggest it! :rolleyes:

I have read that the volunteers are charged $1000 for the privilege of working on board. Considering that the ship is registered as a private yacht (the reason Watson can captain it without any qualifications) that's illegal too.

Its no secret that Watson has rammed ships before, they boast about it on the back of t-shirts.

Here's a quick summary of the last episode...

https://pic.armedcats.net/h/ha/hansvonaxion/2009/08/16/WhaleWars.gif

The most telling quote was something along the lines of;

It's like we've been lied to for the whole first leg.
We were told, 'when we're chasing them they aren't whaling',
and here we are a hundred metres away and they're whaling.

For the first year the were only out there for 2 weeks, most of that time spent looking for the whalers. A couple of days confrontation looks good for the cameras but over the course of months it really doesn't mean much.

Why dont these fucking hippies rather try to help all the whales swimming up on beaches to die?
They could probably save lots more that way.
Whatever, I hope the japanese have had enough soon, and sink those suckers along with all the simpletons onboard.
Kinda funny watching the show tho, good way to document your own lack of intelligence.

Last edited:
Let's forget for a moment the hippies and the "machos",
and think about the whales being exterminated off the face of the earth
for profit - making money - money which can be made in a billion different ways that don't include exterminating rare species.

Anyway, was Jesus a hippie? He wore a toga, fought for the rights of the downtrodden
and made an "epic fail" when rich people ordered their macho subjects to nail him to a cross.

+1