Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

I've been scheduling my computer to rip Radio 1 or 2 in the morning and then I play it back via iPod to car radio on my daily commute. It certainly beats the awful country/western rubbish on the local radio, but I'm still not satisfied with the music selection. Free with no ads though, and it is nice to have fresh sounds.

Last edited:
The gear shift radio looks better than if functions...but that slot car racetrack? Oh yeah...that thing rocks! It comes with almost 64ft of track.

Monthly payments are not. I can't even afford cell minutes anymore.

Once you get past the initial setup cost of getting the damned receiver and and such, you can make one payment a year. :blink:

Where? I've never heard one. I blame Clear Channel sprawl.

Also,

npr-logo.jpg

:cool:
I believe Mike Fm does it, and WBRU does it with DJ talking in between sometimes.

Anyone here own an HTC Magic?

They're quiet cheap in HK at the moment (especially compared to the Hero), so its tempting.

Just installed Windows 7 on a new partition, and I want to delete the old Vista partition. I transferred my files from the Vista partition to the Win7 partition and now I just want to clear up some space on my HDD by deleting the Vista partition.

When I go into Disk Management, the "Delete" and "Format" options on the Vista partition are grayed out for some reason.

iwonrr.jpg

If Windows Disk Manager can't do it, are there other free programs that can?

This sounds stupid, but you are running the disk management in 7, right? If so, it might still see it as a system disk.... I hear good things about gparted.

<random thought>
Is it excessive to have N:\ ?

Hmmmm, somehow Daemon tools managed to grab E: and F: is completely missing, with my physical DVD drive at G:.

N: is cool.

I find that, after all these years, this is still one of my favorite MP3 players:

url

Excellent sound quality, very moddable and built like a brick.

I've had mine since secondary school. Still loving it to this day. Replaced the HD with a 32GB CF card, and swapped in a larger aftermarket battery.

Can it be rockbox'd?

Yep.

I am now Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit powered.

Very pleased. Much nicer than the early RCs I tried.

Just installed Windows 7 on a new partition, and I want to delete the old Vista partition. I transferred my files from the Vista partition to the Win7 partition and now I just want to clear up some space on my HDD by deleting the Vista partition.

When I go into Disk Management, the "Delete" and "Format" options on the Vista partition are grayed out for some reason.

iwonrr.jpg

If Windows Disk Manager can't do it, are there other free programs that can?

Ok, I downloaded a program called "Cute Partition Manager", burned it onto a CD, booted off it, and deleted my Vista partition. Then I got quite a scare when I tried to reboot; the "Boot manager is missing..." message popped up. I then realized that my only hope was to boot from the Win7 DVD. I did that, selected "repair" and it successfully repaired the problem and booted just fine (thank God!!!).

Anyway, now there is 387 GB of "Unallocated" space where the old Vista partition used to be. Now, all I need to do is fill that unallocated space with the rest of the HDD so it will be just a 1-OS, 1-partition HDD. How do I do that?

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
I am now Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit powered.

Very pleased. Much nicer than the early RCs I tried.

How much did you get it for?

Is Ultimate a lot different to Professional? I'm quiet pleased with professional on my desktop already, so is it worth the upgrade?

^Ultimate gives you bitlocker for USB drives and multi-language support.

I wonder if I should buy an NDS....

$130AUD shipped on ebay..hmm...