Ford Fiesta S2000 Rally Car

_dexter_

Car(s)
Lolvo V40
M-Sport has unveiled the new Ford Fiesta S2000 rally car, at a launch celebration in the UK.

Designed and built in nine months, the S2000 will become Ford's first global rally car. This effectively means the car can be entered into a variety of events including national rally championships, the IRC (Intercontinental Rally Challenge), and the S2000 World Cup.

Power comes from a 1998cc Pipo-built four-cylinder Duratec engine, which produces 280 bhp and 260 Nm of torque. Other performance features include a permanent four-wheel drive system, a M-Sport/Xtrac six-speed sequential gearbox (with an AP clutch), Brembo brakes, and an adjustable sports suspension.

Inside, the interior has been stripped and replaced with a full roll-cage, Sparco seats, and a fire suppression system.

According to M-Sport's managing director, Malcolm Wilson, "Today is a very exciting day for us. This is the first global rally car for Ford and M-Sport, I really believe that we have produced a fantastic rally car and this launch is a big step to seeing it out competing in rallies. It's the first time in five years that we have been able to offer a Ford rally car that can challenge for overall victory in national championships across the world." He continued, "We have worked closely with Ford on this project, their best-selling road car, the new Ford Fiesta, has been a perfect base car and its award-winning styling and kinematics together with M-Sport's expertise will surely make the Fiesta S2000 a huge global success."

5884799.jpg

5385532.jpg

5010950.jpg

1491881.jpg

8895871.jpg

4192471.jpg

4518602.jpg

1954415.jpg

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFsEwVMItpk[/YOUTUBE]​

M-Sport has unveiled the new Ford Fiesta S2000 rally car, at a launch celebration in the UK.

Designed and built in nine months,

Is that a long time or a short time to design and build a rally car. Is it like me saying "written in a drunken rage at three in the morning" or is it more "teams of teams working together to build a future together. Enron is why the future exist." I mean they could have gave us something to measure that against.

Well, a baby is also designed and built in nine months, there's something to measure this Ford against. :D

All we need now is a road version :drool:

lol, 'IRC' Rally

/geek joke

So... when can I buy one for the road?

When you give M-Sport about $500,000

Actually the maximum price is regulated by the FIA at 168 000 EUR which is ~250k greens.
But Chaos is from America and with their federalisation standards, 'never' is probably more accurate.

Last edited:
Well, a baby is also designed and built in nine months, there's something to measure this Ford against. :D

Yeah, but two teenagers in the back of a Mondeo have never accidentally made a rally car :D.