Votes: 55 62.5%
  • Banned

Votes: 33 37.5%

• Total voters

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Bulgogi Knedliky 1.6 GDI (Hyundai i30)
The question is simple. Wearing burqas in public places. Yes or no? Right or wrong? Unacceptable or acceptable? Allow or ban?

Just like any referendum, the poll is completely anonymous, voters do not have to motivate their response or share what they voted for unless they want to.
I will not make a case for either side nor vote until 12 hours from now.

Last edited:
Ugly chicks should have to wear them, hot chicks should be banned from wearing burqas. Simple compromise.

Wear whatever you want, as long as you're making the choice yourself.

^that. Banning people from wearing them is OK, but then you have to ban EVERY single religious symbol, like crosses and those funny little hats Jewish people sometimes wear.

Wear whatever you want, as long as you're making the choice yourself.

it's stated in the law that everyone should be recognisable when in public...so no burqa's

you comment might be valid for headscarfs, but even then i don't agree. no religious signs in public!

and we are consequent, crosses are removed from school as well, and "sinterklaas" (compareable with santa claus, but different time of year - US don't know him) has a cross on his heat since eternity. this year he also had to get rid of it!

sinterklaas.jpg

good call i say. religion only slows down evolution...

As bone said, everybody should be recognizable in public, so no burka, just like no masks (apart when specifically allowed, as in Venice during the Carnevale), nor helmet unless on a vehicle, etc.

Apart from that, wear whatever you like.

I think too that it would be good to have people wearing only what they choose and not what they are forced to wear, but after all most of us are forced to wear a suit when working and nobody complains, and more often than not you can find people thinking and stating they are free when they are just unaware of the cultural bind to wear (or do) something, so there really is no proper way to tell what is free from what is imposed.

Last edited:
Wow ... so 46.7% of of people who answered this poll are stupid/xenophobic?

no, 46.7% is proud of its own culture and is of the oppinion that if anybody wants to be part of it, they should adapt to our standards, and not force their own...

if you want to keep your own culture, you should stay in your cultures region...

No kidding. Yes, it is a choice and I know muslim women who DON'T wear them. The ones who wear them (and most of the ones who don't) are very proud of their religion and do not feel oppressed wearing them.

no, 46.7% is proud of its own culture and is of the oppinion that if anybody wants to be part of it, they should adapt to our standards, and not force their own...

if you want to keep your own culture, you should stay in your cultures region...

I wasn't aware belgium was not a free country. To think I get shit for saying people living a country should bother to learn the language.

Last edited:

wow sorry I should have written and/or ... as you just proved you're both a xenophobe AND an idiot. cheers.

Or maybe they see something you still miss, like the issues with recognizing people.

If this is not a joke, we can see how intolerance can dwell also in those supporting the maximum of liberties. Intolerance towards differing opinions, in this case.

Last edited:
Or maybe they see something you still miss, like the issues with recognizing people.

If this is not a joke, we can see how intolerance can dwell also in those supporting the maximum of liberties. Intolerance towards differing opinions, in this case.

why must you be able to recognize everyone? isn't that sort of a bit of police-stateish? I'd like to be able to have the option of being anonymous when I'm in say a protest or the like.

I wasn't aware belgium was not a free country. To think I get shit for saying people living a country should bother to learn the language.

if you don't know the language, you shouldn't be granted a visum at all...this means you'll only be here to live of our social support, caus no way you'll ever get a job. social housing is in some cities already organised like that. don't speak the language --> no house for you

why must you be able to recognize everyone? isn't that sort of a bit of police-stateish? I'd like to be able to have the option of being anonymous when I'm in say a protest or the like.

like these guys?
FrankrijkRellenGemaskerd.png

people who protest with a mask, probably won't perform peacefull protest...

if you aren't recognisable it would be very easy to shoplift, steal cars, beat people, ... without anyone recognizing you.

i'm not saying someone in a burka is likely to do that...but if you provide the means, people with bad intentions would quickly go buy one. no way to tell if there's a woman or a men underneath...

Last edited:
No one wearing one to commit a crime would care if wearing one was also a crime.

And those look like idiots who tied t-shirts to their faces. Will we be outlawing t-shirts too?

I really don't get how I can't be Norwegian, proud to the bone to be Norwegian, salute the flag and be bloody proud of every achievement my country makes because muslim women walk around in burkas?

How does that work?

I tried to cash a check at the bank the other day while wearing a ski mask, and they flipped the hell out. Why can't they be tolerant of my needs?

As bone said, everybody should be recognizable in public, so no burka, just like no masks (apart when specifically allowed, as in Venice during the Carnevale), nor helmet unless on a vehicle, etc.

Does that mean we should ban emo kids from having their hair cover their face?