Autoblog: Kermit got a plug shoved up his back - The eRUF Stormster - The greenest car ever

D

D-Fence

stormster-grn-.jpg

eruf-stormster_300dpi.jpg

(lol it says Dong (there I did it))

RUF introduces the first SUV with electric powertrain.

RUF Automobile GmbH, located in the small Bavarian town of Pfaffenhausen, the manufacturer of high performance automobiles, introduced the first electric sports car (eRUF) from Germany in October 2008.

During the Geneva Motor Show, in March 2009, RUF presented an evolution of the first eRUF, widely known as "Greenster".

The eRUF family continues to grow with the unveiling of the "Stormster", the very first electrically driven SUV based on the Porsche Cayenne.

The Stormster is driven by a Siemens electric motor, with 270 kW (367 bhp) as in the eRUF sports car. The total weight is 2,670 kg which makes it capable of reaching 100 km/h in only 10 seconds. The top speed is 150 km/h, being able to reach a range of 200 km at one charge.

The lithium ion accumulators are supplied by Li-Tec Battery GmbH. Li-Tec is the first manufacturer of lithium ion battery cells in Europe, designed for the automobile industry using ceramic storage technology.

Hankook developed the winter tires for the all wheel drive Stormster which is fitted to RUF classic 5 spoke lightweight wheels. Tires of size 295/30 R 22 allow the best possible road grip.

The Stormster will have its first public debut during the European Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen, (COP 15), Denmark from December 7th to 18th.

+ I like the idea of electric sportscars
+ better range with more batteries

- the hideous looks
- the looks
- oh dear the looks

Seriously, it looks like Kermit on steroids mixed with coke.

Dong Energy?

I laughed so hard at that first picture.

367 bhp , 0-62 in 10 seconds.
Meh.
I really don't think electric cars (especially sportscars) are the future.
Hydrogen on the other hand...
Unfortunately that would need big investments in infrastructure etc.

367 bhp , 0-62 in 10 seconds.
Meh.
I really don't think electric cars (especially sportscars) are the future.
Hydrogen on the other hand...
Unfortunately that would need big investments in infrastructure etc.

so will electric cars

no way existing powerlines can cope with the additional load when everyone would start charging his car as well...

(they already have problems with the solar panels putting to much electricity on the system)

Aside from the fact that this car is

-still a Cayenne
-therefore not a "proper" Porsche
-slow
-heavy
-hilariously ugly

I like the idea of electric cars like this. They need to work on the range and the topspeed, but other than that, sweet.

Speaking of Hydrogen, BMW has announced they won't continue their Hydrogen 7 Series experimental cars.

I didn't think a cayenne could look any worse...

Speaking of Hydrogen, BMW has announced they won't continue their Hydrogen 7 Series experimental cars.

They always did it the wrong way, didn't they? :b Trying to use Hydrogen in a combustion engine. They got a very small amount of power from a very large engine as far as I remember..

Hydrogen fuel cells seems to be the most promising.. Batteries are just not going to work, charging time is too long.

Any way they do it, is going to require huge changes to the infrastructure.. Not something you can get around.. :b

There's talk about getting rid of the stupid law against Nuclear powerplants in Denmark right now. That'd be a step in the right direction.

They always did it the wrong way, didn't they? :b Trying to use Hydrogen in a combustion engine. They got a very small amount of power from a very large engine as far as I remember..

Hydrogen fuel cells seems to be the most promising.. Batteries are just not going to work, charging time is too long.

Any way they do it, is going to require huge changes to the infrastructure.. Not something you can get around.. :b

There's talk about getting rid of the stupid law against Nuclear powerplants in Denmark right now. That'd be a step in the right direction.

yup less than 300bhp from a 6 liter V12

think it was around 270bhp.... added to that they got crap mileage as well

Dong Energy?

I laughed so hard at that first picture.

me too! :lol:

Shouldnt the Title say "Kermit got a plug shoved up his arse"!?! :lol:

Thats awfully hidious, OMG what a Shrek!

You guys are missing one important thing on the green Cayenne which actually makes it look better. The headlights, all Cayennes need those headlights as they are a great improvement over what it currently has, body kit not so much but still.

It still looks like a Touareg crashed into an RS3 before an HUGE bucket of Lime-green Paint fell on it! Horrible!

On normal Cayennes it wasnt that worse, but that, is like I said, Wayne Rooney dressed as Grinch!

Maybe its me, and I could be blind, but I like that cayenne more than the current one with the 996 style headlights. I mean, I'd rather it not look like a 911 Wagon with a lift kit, but still. The round lights are nice.

And I have been looking for a sponsor for a couple of Forza 3 cars.. Dong Energy just won by a landslide. More pics to come.