First snow of the year!

Gowddamnit you guys are making me so jealous, I live in Scotland and the most snow I have ever seen where I live is 2 inches, in fucking [size=+1]Scotland[/size], London has had more than that in past winters. So far this winter we have had sleet and very-light snow showers falling on wet ground = no snow.

I'm leaving this thread now, to go back to my corner and emo some more about there being no snow. :cry:

Damn! Maryland normally get this much snow? :blink:

Nope! :D Even when we do get a significant amount of snow it does not (usually) come till mid January/February.

Should say this is light, fluffy snow and therefore not snowman material. Which is slightly upsetting. :(

Last edited:
This is the biggest amount of snow we have had in years. Last year we got about 6 inches all winter. Today, 22-26 inches for me.

WE currently have a couple of millimeters but it's expected to be snowing 3 inches an hour so that will change quickly!

Yeah, i'm up to 24 inches, with drifts that are higher, about 40 miles west of Washington DC. Tomorrow the fun begins of digging out. I tried to shovel some today, and only got about a third of my driveway cleared (and it's now back under 3 - 5 inches of snow). At least those areas will be easier to shovel tomorrow.

Just to put the size of the storm into perspective (according to the local news), 1 trillion pounds (500 million tons) of snow fell in the 30 mile radius of Washington DC.

I'm just really glad I have a garage to park in, even though my car will be staying there until the roads are more clear than they currently are.

We lucked out in the storm and only got about 2 inches total. Plus, the weather was dipping over and under the freezing point so some of it melted.

Those pics do look pretty, but seeing the pic of the car with the snow chains on..

At least you're prepared!

Saw about 5 more cars, and by cars I mean Jeeps, 4-runners and the like off the side of the road.

Why can't it just snow on the grass and not the roads?

This is the biggest amount of snow we have had in years. Last year we got about 6 inches all winter. Today, 22-26 inches for me.

Damn global warming.

I came out of the house tonight at 11pm and there was a tiny layer of frost, frost on my windshield. :shakefist:

Well, i like snow but what i dosent like is the -30c with strong wind of january , febuary, that is annoying. But december with something like -5c and light wind with a lovely snow is just perfect. And this year i think we will get about 400-500cm minimun and damm that is this annoying to clean off the car every morning, make me want to become a hobo transport user just for winter.

Pictures pictures pictures

^ what he said, but with a big PLEASE

Finally we got about 2cm of snow last night, unfortunately there isn't a cloud in the sky now and the sun is beaming down so its melting :cry:

pics of the above 15" please :cool:

Send some of your snow here. We only got 10-15cm, and water pipes may freeze and break in January.