The greatest losers on the German car market in 2009

I have always believed that pickup buyers here suffer from an incurable romantic desire to be American. Secretly they want to immigrate to the Wild West and become a trapper or the next incarnation of John Wayne, thus buying an American vehicle to feel a little bit like being in Texas, instead of Lower Saxony.

There's a metric load of brilliant country&western/rockabilly bands coming out of Lower Saxony and neighboring counties for this reason:
Cliff Barnes & The Fear Of Winning
The Waltons (now Berlin-based, but originally from Borken/NRW)
Rockabilly Mafia
Dixie Gunworks (now defunct, sadly)

On top of that, i suspect that being enclosed by communists and having a wall through the city made Berliners long for the width of the prairie, and thus come up with a great country scene of their own.

Runaway Brides - Cry Babies - Ed Csupkay

To name just three.

Re: The greatest losers on the German car market in 2009

The problem Cady has in Europe is they only have one competitive car the CTS.

This may change with the ATS.

*Realises Germany has a Country scene*

does not compute......cultural differences :astronomical........mentality differences: immesurable......does not......systhem overload......must shut down......head will explo?^?"??(........(??!&??......

*bang*

Last edited:
This, and the fact that "small" pickups for American standards are already way too big for normal German residential roads....example: My neighbours Ram 1500. It has a "Is there life after death? Try stealing my horse" sticker......and he looks the part.

https://pic.armedcats.net/d/d-/d-fence/2010/01/02/IMG_0121.JPG
https://pic.armedcats.net/d/d-/d-fence/2010/01/02/IMG_0167.JPG

Take off the white stripe on the back and that's mine.......
sorry bout the double post but as a Pick-up driver In europe I feel I can offer thoughts from 'the other side'

Anywees the whole to big for normal roads thing? where do you come up with that? its not bigger or wider then a normal van.....people drive those all the time whithout problems?
I'ts all a matter of personal choice realy....sure I'm not gonna squeeze it into a parkingspot just big enough for a smart, but neither is the guy in the 5 series.....you simply adapt.

Thing is .....(watch out massive generalisation coming up) while europeans like the aura of beeing openminded sofisticated gentle people....they tend to be a bunch of rusted in place traditionals sticking to what they know, nothing wrong with that.
Only downside to this comes when you don't follow a certain set off rules.....carwise for a daily driver this means :
a : you drive an ecobox
b : you drive a hatchcrap
c : a peoplemover (with sticker!)
d : a luxurybarge

Then it starts.....
"to big for our roads" "to polluting" "takes up to much space" "whoever drives that must be an asshole" "to unsafe for the drivers in the smallercar" etc ....wine wine wine....

I'm sorry, but way to often in daily life I find myself defending the car I chose , baught, paid for, insured and registerd..... my buck, my choice? you don't like it for whatever reason ? absoluutly fine by me, no hard feelings at all....but its not like it causes you harm in any way is it?
Just don't tell me what to do with my buck, and my life by extension....

speaking off extensions.....believe it or not but I support the general "big though car= small penis" idea.....but to every rule there are exeptions ;)
I'm not the one to post pics in certain threads......infact I'm still in therapy for that thread :p
But if your a not-a-dude proof is available......if your a guy....euhrmm, you'l have to take my word for it :p

Last edited:
Take off the white stripe on the back and that's mine.......
sorry bout the double post but as a Pick-up driver In europe I feel I can offer thoughts from 'the other side'

Anywees the whole to big for normal roads thing? where do you come up with that? its not bigger or wider then a normal van.....people drive those all the time whithout problems?
I'ts all a matter of personal choice realy....sure I'm not gonna squeeze it into a parkingspot just big enough for a smart, but neither is the guy in the 5 series.....you simply adapt.

Thing is .....(watch out massive generalisation coming up) while europeans like the aura of beeing openminded sofisticated gentle people....they tend to be a bunch of rusted in place traditionals sticking to what they know, nothing wrong with that.
Only downside to this comes when you don't follow a certain set off rules.....carwise for a daily driver this means :
a : you drive an ecobox
b : you drive a hatchcrap
c : a peoplemover (with sticker!)
d : a luxurybarge

Then it starts.....
"to big for our roads" "to polluting" "takes up to much space" "whoever drives that must be an asshole" "to unsafe for the drivers in the smallercar" etc ....wine wine wine....

I'm sorry, but way to often in daily life I find myself defending the car I chose , baught, paid for, insured and registerd..... my buck, my choice? you don't like it for whatever reason ? absoluutly fine by me, no hard feelings at all....but its not like it causes you harm in any way is it?
Just don't tell me what to do with my buck, and my life by extension....

speaking off extensions.....believe it or not but I support the general "big though car= small penis" idea.....but to every rule there are exeptions ;)
I'm not the one to post pics in certain threads......infact I'm still in therapy for that thread :p
But if your a not-a-dude proof is available......if your a guy....euhrmm, you'l have to take my word for it :p

You didn't say the most important thing: Why did you buy it? You must have had a reason besides "being different" :)

While talking about losers...

Guess the most sold car in Norway in December 2009?

Toyota Prius :barf:

You didn't say the most important thing: Why did you buy it? You must have had a reason besides "being different" :)

There isent just the one....

1: I just like pick-up trucks....I just do, and yess I am a secret american so your theory holds true, I like the way they look, I like the way they drive (yess, I know :p) and I love the rumble of the V8
As long as I remember as a kid I wanted a pick-up.....pretty sure there's some redneck geenoom in me somewhere.....:rolleyes:

2 : at the time I started driving pick-ups I needed something that could
A :carry alot off stuff professionaly, tools and building materials, aswell as towing a decent trailer
B :still work as a daily travel/commute/leisure car....
I didn't like the idea of driving a normal van as a daily non-work car so otherwise I would have been forced to buy (and tax/ensure) two vehicles.....

3 : they are cheap to run here, I'm not gonna bore with details but I actualy pay less roadtax then a guy in a 1.2 fiesta...., and thanks to LPG fuel costs are more then reasonable.

4 : some, darker, ugly side of me just likes pissing of treehuggers and conformists ........;)

Last edited:
Reactions: TC
The problem Cady has in Europe is they only have one competitive car the CTS.

No.

Seriously, their problem is that for all intents and purposes they have absolutely no presence on the market. Zero. Nothing.

Only Chrysler (and subsequently Dodge and Jeep) have a tiny bit of presence in Germany (can't speak for every other European country), such as... well, an official website for a start. Even a few dealers here and there... but they're still not really present, next to no advertising, no publicity.

Cadillac doesn't even have that. Their pathetic excuse for a web presence will spit out a grand total of 28 affiliate locations (no offcial dealers at all) for all of Germany. 28... and most of those are service only, no car sales.

Really, their whole lineup could be as competitive as anyone could imagine, and they still wouldn't sell cars in Europe... simply because nobody knows about them, and there's nowhere you can get them. ;)

Does anyone even buy that one?

not so sure about iveco, but for other vans, MB is about the only brand to offer one with RWD...

problem with RWD in a van is that RWD needs a diff, which means the loading bay is so much higher from the ground...and most don't like lifting, so they get a FWD

not so sure about iveco, but for other vans, MB is about the only brand to offer one with RWD...

The current VW Crafters are badge-enineered MB Sprinters, so they are RWD, too, as is the Iveco Daily. This means only the Fiat/Peugeot/Citroen badge-enineered van and the Renault Trafic are FWD.

... only two of those ten don?t "deserve" to be on the list IMHO because they are good cars (CTS, LS) that maybe should be considered more by people ... but the rest are pretty much the worst and/or most ugly new cars that money can buy.

For reference, Dacia sold more than 49000 Sanderos and over 30000 Logans in Germany in 2009 - still nothing compared to the 350000 VW Golf (includes Golf Plus&Jetta) that were sold 2009.

Last edited:
*Realises Germany has a Country scene*

does not compute......cultural differences :astronomical........mentality differences: immesurable......does not......systhem overload......must shut down......head will explo?^?"??(........(??!&??......

*bang*

We even took part in the European Song Contest with a country song:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k69Yg0OHSqQ[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
We even took part in the European Song Contest with a country song:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k69Yg0OHSqQ[/YOUTUBE]

THAT is worse then terrible :blink:, I know its eurosong so it has to be tacky......but its like Britney Spears meets Lee-Ann-Rymes meets barbie.....and her bandmembers look like frigging barn dancers :blink: and don't even get me started on the plastic cactusses!

This is country......hell yeah it has some tackyness about it....hell it has alot of it, and Chris doesnt spare the cliche's either.....but atleast it doesnt sound like a bunch of barndancers (GOD I hate those people) having an orgy in disneyland!

The late Chris Ledoux :

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWR7ILg75D4[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
THAT is worse then terrible :blink:, I know its eurosong so it has to be tacky......but its like Britney Spears meets Lee-Ann-Rymes meets barbie.....and her bandmembers look like frigging barn dancers :blink:...

I know i'm going Off Topic, but this is good compared to what the dutch sent...we did not come last for nothing :lol:

Prepare yourself...
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBM5hsmHGZ0[/YOUTUBE]

Could it be more ghey? :lol:

Last edited:
No it cant since the Toppers set out to be the most gay act ever but Verka is pretty close.

IN HD GLORY
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oau95Oto5kQ[/YOUTUBE]
Best song ever

Last edited:
No it cant since the Toppers set out to be the most gay act ever but Verka is pretty close.

IN HD GLORY
[YOUTUBE]Oau95Oto5kQ[/YOUTUBE]
Best song ever

wehehehe, this is indeed prety...ehm...well :lol: