The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

I love that show.

guys I agree, atgatt is safest, still I only wear all the gear at the track, even though I have crashed several times, off the track.

anywho, the picture was supposed to be funny, this forum often feels like an episode of the big bang theory... :rolleyes:

Meh, her ass is in the way of showing off that nice SV.

Hehe, speaking of SVs and bikinis :D ...

Though I can't decide whether I want the dual headlights...

16904305.JPG

or the single.

16969403.JPG

Well, I did make a decision that I want the second gen... it's a start.

Last edited:
I typically think dual headlights looks better, but I prefer the look of the single for that bike. What colors are you thinking?

Take it from someone who ditched his half-fairing (by necessity) and never looked back: go with the single headlight. It'll be lighter, look better, and at most speeds the dinky fairing doesn't do much anyway. There are much better designed bikini fairings for single-headlight bikes if you're looking to do some serious touring. And if you ever do drop it, the half-fairing will get messed up real easy (as was in my case). Frame sliders notwithstanding.

Or, you could always get a dual-headlight setup from Aztec8 and build something awesome:

red%20gen2%20dual%20HL.JPG

Svetlana5977.jpg

IMG_3846.JPG

suzuki_sv650s_k2.JPG

I typically think dual headlights looks better, but I prefer the look of the single for that bike. What colors are you thinking?

I think I'm leaning towards the single... it just looks better. Generally, I prefer the dual headlights w/ full fairings, but for some reason, the ones on the SV are just a wee bit off.

As for color, I'm not too concerned since the main drive is the cost. Ideally, I'd prefer a yellow SV (of course), but I haven't seen one for sale around this area. ;)

Take it from someone who ditched his half-fairing (by necessity) and never looked back: go with the single headlight. It'll be lighter, look better, and at most speeds the dinky fairing doesn't do much anyway. There are much better designed bikini fairings for single-headlight bikes if you're looking to do some serious touring. And if you ever do drop it, the half-fairing will get messed up real easy (as was in my case). Frame sliders notwithstanding.

Or, you could always get a dual-headlight setup from Aztec8 and build something awesome:

Thanks for the link to those Aztec8s! I was wondering at that mod since a lot of BARFers did it. Damn they're good looking.

At this point, the only reason why I would want the half fairing (sans bikini) is because I would have a chance to put a set of full fairings on it for the track, since my plan is for the SV to become track bike only down the road ? la:

103zhiu.jpg

But then again, you do see the naked SV on the track (with those Aztecs!):

2nbtxg1.jpg

... and technically, I can put fairings on the single headlight if I really wanted to (I can't decide whether I like this or not. :lol:)

2s61udz.jpg

I do apologize for the indecisions... now you must know what Blind has to go through with me and motorcycles (among other things). <_<

*Courtesy of a BARFer and BARFette
**Courtesy of svrider.com

W00t - problem solved. :)

Now, I just have to file a tax return and sell the Ninjette. Know anybody who wants to buy a clean, never been dropped '02 EX250? :D

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/28/...autoblog+(Autoblog)&utm_content=Google+Reader

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2010/01/28/tamburinit1-white.jpg

Massimo Tamburini may have retired from his post as the head of Centro Ricerche Cagiva (CRC, a subsidiary of Italian motorcycle manufacturer MV Agusta) in December of 2008, but that hasn't stopped brand-new and exquisitely designed machines bearing his family name from rolling down the streets of Italy. One of the best of these customs may be the Tamborini Corse T1, which is the company's take on the naked MV Agusta Brutale.

Massimo's son Andrea is heading up the T1 effort, and Tamborini Corse offers restyling kits and hop-up parts for the the Brutale and F4 from MV Agusta as well as the Ducati 1198 superbike and naked Monster. We don't know yet what all goes into transforming a standard Brutale into a T1 or how much it costs to do so, but we see plenty of lightweight carbon fiber and aluminum bits hanging off the bike's stock chassis. See for yourself in our high-res image gallery below.

That has to be just about one of the sexiest bikes i've ever seen....

I agree 100%. Better then the F4, I'm afraid.

Though I can't decide whether I want the dual headlights...

single looks better every time

but duals are usefull. set one a bit to low, and one a bit to high, and you have a light shining straight on, no matter if you're accelerating or brakeing...

(that's how most supermotards have it set up...and yeah, you don't cruise those)