The Android thread

So, i'm getting my first Android phone today. Any tips/tricks that I should know about?

And does anyone want to buy an iPhone 3G? :p

What have you bought? :)

Edit: Haha Ice :D

Anyone her own a Nexus one? I played around with one today at the electronics store, and it was incredibly laggy scrolling between panels and apps, which is surprising for something with a Snapdragon. And yes, I had used task killer, but it was still very slow.

Must have been something wrong, then. The ones I've seen were all super smooth. Not one dropped frame in any animation.

Well, maybe it had 30 programs running in the background.....

It sould be VERY smooth :)

Edit: Oh did not see that you had used taskiller....

Last edited:
Have you got it now? Or is it beeing sent?

Meanwhile; Android whips up something to compete with the pretentious style offered by Apple or in fact any other overpriced, good looking phone that under achieves (cough*VERTU*cough)

Anyway...

lumigon-20100215-600.jpg

Straight out of Denmark comes a trio of additions to the ever-growing Android lineup, the result of "two years of top secret international development work" by Lumigon Corp. The first phones are the T1 and S1, both shipping before July, the latter of the two offering a sliding T9 keypad, both featuring Android 2.1, Freescale processors, 720p output over HDMI, FM tuning and broadcasting, and the handy ability to act as a universal remote. Next will be the E1, coming sometime later and offering a "unique navigation system and shape never experienced in mobile phones." It's so mind-blowingly beautiful that the company hasn't deemed your or our eyes capable of beholding such a wonder, so no pictures have been released just yet. Perhaps if we spend our days in devotional contemplation we'll be mentally prepared for its eventual release. Show full PR text

It looks underachieving and will probably be yours for the price of your first born son..........................................I WANT IT.

Last edited:
:eek:

Did you buy it from the Google store and got it engraved?
Yes, I did and no, I didn't. Couldn't think of anything that I would want on my phone for a good 1.5-2 years.
Have you got it now? Or is it beeing sent?
It's set to be delivered this afternoon... while i'm at work. Hopefully the FedEx idiot delivers it to my apartment manager instead of leaving a note saying "LOLNOTHOME!" like last time.

Meanwhile; Android whips up something to compete with the pretentious style offered by Apple or in fact any other overpriced, good looking phone that under achieves (cough*VERTU*cough)

Anyway...

*SNIP*

It looks underachieving and will probably be yours for the price of your first born son..........................................I WANT IT.

And it's Danish! :D

Have been looking at this too :) I REALLY hope this will be a succes and that we finally can have something nice (except for bacon a b&o) comming from Denmark :D

It's set to be delivered this afternoon... while i'm at work. Hopefully the FedEx idiot delivers it to my apartment manager instead of leaving a note saying "LOLNOTHOME!" like last time.

Okay. I don't have some big tips other than some nice apps and that you HAVE to get "taskiller" :)
As far as I know it doesn't have some great custom ROM's....... YET :)

But keep an eye on this: Modaco Nexus One

Last edited:
Okay. I don't have some big tips other than some nice apps and that you HAVE to get "taskiller" :)

So, any specific apps you can think of right now? :)

I'm actually going to have two phones for a few weeks, while I wait for March to roll around so I don't get hit with a cancelation fee from AT&T. Anyone want me to do a side-by-side comparison, if I can, of the Nexus and iPhone?

Last edited:
I like "Discovery" "Gameboid" "Google Sky Map" "Metal detector" "retro defense" "Tunewiki" And all the papi games :D

And yes please do a comparison and tell us your first impression :)

Please do.
I never wanted an iPhone, but it sure will be nice to see a comparison made by someone who actually has them.

And it's Danish! :D

Have been looking at this too :) I REALLY hope this will be a succes and that we finally can have something nice (except for bacon a b&o) comming from Denmark :D

What about Lego?

First impressions of the Nexus One: REMOVABLE BATTERY, WOO! *clears throat* Scuse me. Epically clear screen. Lovely looking UI. Wrong area code. No, T-Mobile, I don't live in Kansas... Nor do I want to.

First impressions of the Nexus One: REMOVABLE BATTERY, WOO! *clears throat* Scuse me. Epically clear screen. Lovely looking UI. Wrong area code. No, T-Mobile, I don't live in Kansas... Nor do I want to.

Can you port your old number over once the iPhone contract runs out, or are you stuck with this one.

I remember back in 2003 when I got my number i couldnt get my area code, so I got stuck with another nearby area code. It is still wierd but really makes no difference thanks to nationwide plans. Ironically now I'm going to grad school in the area code that I initially didnt want, weird how that came around.

Also there is scuttlebutt shooting around the web that on Feb. 22 Sprint android owners will be able to take their phones in get updraded to Android 2.1, over the air update to follow later. Most only mention the Samsung Moment, which I have, but you Hero guys should hold out hope. Though it might be that you wont get 2.1 with Sense until the Bravo comes out which would suckass.