2010 Qantas Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix

I'm puzzled because Jenson got the politician while Kubica got John Travolta... How does that work out!

According to someone from IRC, Travolta is a Qantas representative...

He's a goodwill ambassador for Qantas

Man, he sure has gained some weight. And his hair style...

Getting a bit OT here, but glad to see that he at least seems to be doing a bit better after he lost his son last year.

^ I'm from NSW, but it's quite common over here that Australians aren't happy with their state governments (it's even worse in NSW). John Brumby is not a popular man, thus was booed.

I got back last night from a great weekend down in Melbourne. The race was great, as was quali, practices and even the support events, as well as some lovely historic cars from the 100 year Alfa Romeo celebration. We sat on the hill at turn 9/10 and saw some great overtaking moves, and a reasonable sized incident in the Formula 5000. We also managed to borrow grandstand tickets from a friends parents for qualifying, so we sat just in front of the finish line/pit exit for qualifying which was great.

I've got a bunch of photos to share. Should they go here or a separate thread?

Thanks for the heads up. We would love to see those photos of yours as well whether you put them in this thread or another. :)

Stats are in from Clip The Apex:
Total overtakes: 32 (Bahrain was 21)
Drivers: most overtaking moves: Michael Schumacher (8), Fernando Alonso (5), Lewis Hamilton (5), Mark Webber (5)
Most times overtaken: Pedro de la Rosa (5), Felipe Massa (5), Karun Chandhok (4)

I've just checked there, and they've revised it. The actual number is 41: the most amount of overtakes the Melbourne street circuit has ever seen. But then again, this is also the first wet race it has ever seen. I still maintain though that most of the race was dry.

To compare, last year's Australian GP (which was also an awesome race) had 25 overtakes. So far, in terms of statistics alone, 2010 is on the right track.