2010 Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix

Webber 1st!

Regarding Kubica, there's nothing in the rule saying you must queue up like that

erm WOW, what the fook was that quali session.... both maccy's and both ferraris at the back.!

webber at the end..... what a drive, dude was in the zone, no one could touch that time at the end. massive balls.

quite disappointed with schumacher, i mean i know its only his third race and i know the conditions arent exactly the best for getting back up to speed, but its his third race back and he is renowned for being almost godlike in the wet, but 8th is disappointing, his Q2 was also disappointing. its clearly not the car, Nico is up there in second so the car has the speed (even though its nearly 1.5 seconds behind webber)

good game webber, that red bull is clearly THE machine to beat... top stuff.

also super good shit from the Hulk, Petrov and Sutil.... nice to see these guys punching high

Last edited:
Great one by Webber, same for Rosberg who beat Vettel on the same tyres :) Can't wait for tomorrow, it's gonna be crazy. In all fairness though, the start time is ridiculous if KNOW the monsoon will happen.

another red bull on pole : )

This race is gonna be NUTS! :dance:

I really really really hope it isn't red-flagged. But, I won't be surprised if it is. How dumb can the FIA be, I seriously though they would've at least abandoned the later start time KNOWING that the storms roll in as regularly as flies to rotting meat in the late aftrenoon / evenings, but....there you go. :rolleyes:

It looks like we're looking at another repeat of last year. Malaysia held the race at this time of year in the past with no problems and the race always had stated at 2pm local time. This allowed the race to finish before the usual late afternoon rains. It's just the horrible late starting time that ruined last year's race and is going to ruin this year's race. Bernie you cunt! :mad:

Now, just keep it on the tarmac tomorrow, k? Good.

Webber - keep it on the track? Now there's an oxymoron! :p

Last edited:
The race is gonna be interesting. And I'll be stuck at my parents' for Easter brunch... I just hope the RBs don't break down. Vettel deserves a win by now. Or at least a podium finish, given he's not the pole sitter.

quite disappointed with schumacher, i mean i know its only his third race and i know the conditions arent exactly the best for getting back up to speed, but its his third race back and he is renowned for being almost godlike in the wet, but 8th is disappointing, his Q2 was also disappointing. its clearly not the car, Nico is up there in second so the car has the speed (even though its nearly 1.5 seconds behind webber)

I think these "He's rusty he needs more time to get back up to speed" excuses are getting pretty stale. I thought he was the best driver ever. He couldn't get passed Algersuari in Albert Park, even when he's the youngest driver and was in a clearly inferior car, now he can't qualify above 8th place even when he was the 'Rain master'

I really don't get why he came back to F1. There's no way in hell he'll get back to what he was.

^- THIS. During the red flag Haug talked to Nicki Lauda on german TV about "Michael going for pole" and "still being the rain god".
If the season continues to play out like this, someone has to explain to Schumacher that he has to drive for Rosberg now quite soon.

Apart from this, Webber started making up for Australia with this performance, Rosberg was surprisingly quick (i expected him to be quicker than Schumacher, but not that much), i'd love to have known how far Jenson would have come, and an outstanding performance by Heikki... this is going to be one hell of a race, and i'm at the in-laws. Got my DVR programmed but i still hope i can sneak out and watch it live...

...i don't think we'll see much of a sprint to the front from Schumacher, he'll be stuck behind some mid-fielder again. It's going to be interesting, on the other hand, how the old buddies Alonso and Hamilton and their teammates will do, given that they'll make it through the inevitable first corner midfield crash unharmed.

Last edited:
well, there goes my Virtual team on Sportal. Last week I ditched Rosberg hahaha

It looks like we're looking at another repeat of last year. Malaysia held the race at this time of year in the past with no problems and the race always had stated at 2pm local time. This allowed the race to finish before the usual late afternoon rains. It's just the horrible late starting time that ruined last year's race and is going to ruin this year's race. Bernie you cunt! :mad:

Worst thing is it will probably ruin an epic race. Alonso and Hamilton coming through the field will be great, but if it then rains Malaysia style the race wil be stopped within a couple of laps of it happening and we will be robbed of seeing where Hamilton and Alonso get to by the end...

Webber - keep it on the track? Now there's an oxymoron! :p

I think this years race will start an hour earlier than last year, but I agree it's a stupid situation and heads will have to roll if it's rained out as it was last year.

Looks like it's going to be a cracking race with both McLarens and Ferraris at the back. McLaren will be helped by their F hole down the straights but I dont think it'll take any of them (Alonso and Massa included) long to get through the field. Hopefully Webber can keep it all held together at the front and hopefully Vettel can score some good points to put his championship challenge back on track. Red Bull have an open goal in front of them and anything less than a one two finish will be failure for them.

Dr Grip said:
It's going to be interesting, on the other hand, how the old buddies Alonso and Hamilton and their teammates will do, given that they'll make it through the inevitable first corner midfield crash unharmed.

Inevitably there'll be cars colliding with each other as they try to funnel through that tight complex of turns one and two. If they can avoid that yet still make up some positions they'll be in great shape.

Last edited:
Wait, what about Jenson? He's quite good at this, too.

True, Jenson will be fun to watch as well. But I think Alonso and Hamilton will end the race in front of him (and Hamilton in front of Alonso for that matter); this is just what they are masters at. Massa will be less impressive though. You could hear after quali that Alonso and Lewis were saying the race would be fun, exciting and they were going to go for it, and Massa said "It will be difficult", which says it all really.

What the Malaysian organisers should do is move the race out of the monsoon season.

True, Jenson will be fun to watch as well. But I think Alonso and Hamilton will end the race in front of him (and Hamilton in front of Alonso for that matter); this is just what they are masters at.

I don't think so, but judging from your signature (and my known rooting for Jenson on grounds of "he's the cooler guy") we won't reach an agreement here. We'll talk tomorrow :p
What the Malaysian organisers should do is move the race out of the monsoon season.
I don't really think they got any say in it - it's Bernie's call.

Then Bernie should learn something called "common sense"

Well that was quite the eventful quali session.

Webber going on inters seemed insane as the 3rd sector was completely soaked but he made it stick and I think his previous time was good enough for pole, he didn't even need that 1.3 sec shorter time, great drive from him today. I was a bit disappointed with Schumi cause Roseberg showed the car was definitely quick enough to compete with the RBs on fully wets and yet he's more than a second off pace...This looks bad for him cause Roseberg might be the most underrated driver on the grid right now and I'm sure Schumi thought he could destroy him and it will never happen.

It should be a friggin awesome race tomorrow if it won't be red flagged. Alonso, Hamilton, Button and Massa all raging from the back and those 2 first corners will be chaotic as hell, after that we should have a proper race.

Here's for some more rain tomorrow! (but not too much please)

PS
Why wasn't Button allowed to drive in Q2?? I mean he was in the gravel with a running engine, whats the problem with having it dragged outta there and driving in Q2????

Last edited:
Got up at 8 to watch quali and wasn't overwhelmed. I had predicted the Red Bull's would go top from the beginning. Williams being so high up was a surprise but if McLaren/Ferrari hadn't fucked up then they would be further down.