Awesome Thread

[/I'm cool because I don't care]

There's some seriously effortlessly cool stuff there. Do you frequent ffffound?

Ok ok, I'm an ignorant fuck.

But still, it's just a collection of old pics (granted, of some wickedly cool people). These pics need their own thread and some context around them.

Sorry, but vintage Fry and Laurie is super awesome. I know there is plenty of other awesome, but I just adore Stephen Fry so much! :wub:

Reactions: Jon
ffffound rawks

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/04/13/Chucknoriumq3rDetail.png

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/04/13/d62f4c0339de820d6322f5dc8e694f66190e05ce_m.jpg

^^ @ the video of the Excavator climbing. Yes that is very impressive, but I am more impresed by the strength of the tower. Yes I know that the load on it is relatively small compared to bigger buildings, but the digger could keep going until it ran out of fuel - showing me a video of it reaching the first stage would be fine for an advert thanks. :p

Last edited:
I must side with frankiess on this one, though for a different reason. While people like Sinatra, McQueen, Scorsese, Monroe and such are cool and awesome people, I still don't think those pictures belong in this thread. Yes, they are awesome people but they have to be doing awesome things in order to warrant their place here.

Though McQueen is the one person in the history of the world who could be here just with a normal picture. And Paul Newman. But other than that.....fair effort, but not quite there Polly.

And frankiess: how can you *not* recognise those people.....time to read up my man.

Looking at the last two pages, I think I can explain my perception of awesome:

My personal (!) perception is a rather old-fashioned one, because too me, something 'awesome' is something awe-inspiring (the main point being inspiring). Unfortunately, it's rather common today to use awesome in a more random or colloquial fashion.

As much as I like beer and tits and bacon and explosions and the whole Chuck-Norris-thing, I wouldn't say they are awesome. The Lego gearbox on the last page on the other hand isn't awesome to me, because I don't feel inspired by it (due to my lack of passion for engineering), but I know they belong in this thread, even in my perception of awesome. Because I know there are people who feel inspired by this. The pics I posted on the last page are more about the general feeling I have towards them, not so much about the individual persons.

Dylan Moran did a good bit lately about "awesomeness" and how it is perceived nowadays (mostly by youths):

Starting at 7 mins in.

Want awesome? Doesn't get better than this : :D

Reactions: lip
Dylan Moran standup ftw

Just now? I watched it three times over, there are SO many small jokes that you want to watch again. :D