Airspace closed in Northern Europe

Three helicopters outfitted with dust barriers are still flying, and exceptions can be made for police or medical matters deemed urgent.

is that real? or are there lightnign effects added in photoshop?

Lightning is very common in pyroclastic clouds.

Google Image Search for "Pyroclastic cloud lightning"

Also, due to the heat involved you get condensation in the cloud as well as steam from the melting glacier.

Last edited:
^Awesome thread?^

I wish to christ I was making this up

As do I......honestly? anybody else contemplaiting an offer to the volcanogods? like lets say 10.000 treehuggers for a start?

I didn't say this eruption, but eruptions in general

First sentence:

A thaw of Iceland's ice caps in coming decades caused by climate change may trigger more volcanic eruptions by removing a vast weight and freeing magma from deep below ground, scientists said on Friday.

"Global warming melts ice and this can influence magmatic systems," he told Reuters. The end of the Ice Age 10,000 years ago coincided with a surge in volcanic activity in Iceland, apparently because huge ice caps thinned and the land rose.

Carolina Pagli, a geophysicist at the University of Leeds in England, said there were risks that climate change could also trigger volcanic eruptions or earthquakes in places such as Mount Erebus in Antarctica, the Aleutian islands of Alaska or Patagonia in South America.

Whatever, the point is that the ecomentalists are taking advantage of this eruption to say, "ZOMGWTFBBQ!! This will happen ALL THE FUCKING TIME unless you give us money for Global Warming!!1!eleventy"

I don't think that is what the article is saying at all.

Last edited:
Whatever, the point is that the ecomentalists are taking advantage of this eruption to say, "ZOMGWTFBBQ!! This will happen ALL THE FUCKING TIME unless you give us money for Global Warming!!1!eleventy"

The point is that you're trying to fit this article into your narrative and it's not working.

Don't get me wrong i don't like enviromentalists too, but i dislike anti enviromentalists (that are using the same tactics) as well.

interesting thing about the Katla eruption many year ago, the beach extended for 4-5 kilometers because of the ash, and if it will erupt it will destroy everything in its path, not damage but destroy

2010 is going to be a very interesting year

I find it intensely amusing that the Europeans spend decades and billions of Euros trying to reduce or eliminate the eeeeeevil carbon from the continent as part of their Gaia worship/global warming religion... and the planet goes ahead and dumps several million metric tons of it (among other things) on them apparently in an effort to make up for the lack thereof. The universe has a twisted sense of humor.

At least your food crops will grow well once it's all said and done. Volcanic soil is great for plants.

Last edited: