Fringe

The stories for Walter are incredible, and in my view John Noble certainly deserves some sort of award when TV award season comes back around.

This.

Olivia may be the official main character, but the show is pretty much all about Walter. At least, at this point it is.

Spoiler-ish stuff about the upcoming episode (no big plot details, just figured i'd spoiler for those who don't watch episode previews)

So Walter goes on another major drug trip. Except... this time we get to see what goes on inside his head during it. All the major characters are involved. so are other things that Walter likes.

in other words, Fringe is going to have a musical episode.

...this can only end well :|

quite liked the musical episode. it wasnt a musical as i thought it would have been which is a good thing. liked all the fantasy elements to it, and the singing corpses were brilliant.

I'm just tired of these filler episode, just wish they stick to the story.

I mostly agree, although the musical episode was pretty awesome.

Fox is the reason for the filler episodes anyway, since they're the ones who decide how many episodes they want in a season.

I mostly agree, although the musical episode was pretty awesome.

Fox is the reason for the filler episodes anyway, since they're the ones who decide how many episodes they want in a season.

and also i think because Fox were having some sort of Rock week, saw other shows like The Simpsons have a Ke$ha couch gag, and Family Guy have a musical feature after the main episode. so i think the musical Fringe ep was just so that they were contributing to the week too

mind = blown

Think Walter will actually meet Walternate? that could get awkward...

Last edited:
last nights ep was good, loved the scene with Walter in the supermarket just shows the hard time he still has being on his own, again incredible acting by John Noble, i really cant praise his acting as Walter enough.

the end truly was mindblowing though. sets it up well for 2 part finale

holy crap can't wait for season finale. It was kind of nice to have a Peter episode since he doesn't have a big role in this series.

Also I agree John Noble is a great actor, hope he gets an emmy for this.

...oh shit!

even though I saw the twist at the end coming from a mile away, the season finale was awesome. I'm really glad a third season has already been confirmed after seeing that... I can't wait!

i was just reading the latest entry from DC Nation (as in DC Comics) and it had about last nights season finale of Fringe. Comic nerds will enjoy this.

Geoff Johns and Hank Kanalz on last night?s FRINGE alternate universe covers

Geoff: Anyone see FRINGE last night? If you did, or if you?ve read this blog this week, you saw the RED LANTERN/RED ARROW cover. And maybe the bizarre SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF STEEL RETURNS in the style of Frank Miller?s BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS. Or the infamous cover to CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS #7, but Supergirl?s holding Superman. Or the event that rocked the mid-90s, THE DEATH OF BATMAN. So where did these come from?
An alternate Earth.
For real.
A month or so ago, I was fortunate enough to take on the job of Chief Creative Officer. That meant I was charged with bringing out characters out of the comic book pages and into the vast world of television, film, animation and video games that is DC Entertainment. One of the first calls I got was from the director of the Fringe season finale ? writer/producer/director Akiva Goldsman. He was shooting a scene in an alternate world where things weren?t exactly like ours. Where even the smallest details were somewhat off. Including the comics. Together with executive producer Jeff Pinker, Akiva wanted to showcase an array of DC Comics that could?ve been including the ones you can see below. He wanted them to be as authentic as possible. Something only the hardcore would really recognize. We all came up with some ideas. That?s when Hank Kanalz came in?
Hank: ?and when Geoff Johns and Ivan Cohen call, you pick up the phone. The idea was so crazy, it could really work, so we set out to do just that. As I always tell people, WildStorm is more than just an imprint ? it is also a full service creative studio. And yes, we also publish the Fringe comic book (a new #1 on sale June 23, end of plug).
We mobilized Batman: Arkham Asylum artist Carlos D?Anda, The Authority: Lost Year artists JJ Kirby, Michael Lopez, and Oliver Nome, and art directors extraordinaire Larry Berry and Ed Roeder to create these fun alternate reality covers. We assembled the first four covers quickly?but we really wanted to exceed all expectations for the fifth cover. With the concept of RED LANTERN/RED ARROW we had only one choice ? Ivan Reis. Geez, did he and Oclair Albert deliver, or what?
Geoff: So what do you think? Do you want to see the stories behind the covers? If so, you should hit up Hank. Who knows, maybe these would be fun to write?

and the covers themselves.
superman-mosr-no-text_cvr12-150x150.jpg

death-of-batman-mock_cvr1_layout-12-150x150.jpg

red-lantern-red-arrow-mock_cvr1_layout-2-150x150.jpg

crisis-mock_cvr1_layout-22-150x150.jpg

justice-league-mock_cvr1_layout-11-150x150.jpg

the full blown covers can be found over at http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/0...ast-night’s-fringe-alternate-universe-covers/

great season finale, like Strelok16 said, could see the twist coming from miles away. really going to be interesting next season. loved the scenes between Walter and William, two incredible actors, John Noble knocking it outta the park once again though.

From her expression you can probably tell he wants the other Olivia to kill Walter/get Peter back, so i dont think they'll keep this story arc going for that long.

What wouldve been a better ending to me would be a third dimension :p

Yeah i'm thinking that since alternate Olivia doesn't actually know much more than a few basic things about normal Olivia's life, she'll be discovered pretty quickly.

Either that, or Walter will get his gadget that detects things from the alternate universe working, and we'll have a big OHNOES moment

As far as cliffhanger endings go, that was a pretty dammned good one. which I am just now realizing, because I can't stop thinking about it! how will they get the right Olivia back? that is, assuming they do at all...

Last edited:
Great season finale and great cliffhanger! Can't wait for the next season! [/spoiler]

I got a feeling the real Olivia staying there in prison will build up her character.

EDIT: Did you catch the observer in the KFC scene?
Observer222.JPG

Last edited:
Just watched the Season premier on Hulu, good perspective of what is going on in Olivia's mind. Anyone else watch it yet?

I may just be overthinking things again... but anyone else get the feeling we haven't seen the last of that cab driver?

Agreed, I think he might help Olivia get her head back together.

Watched it today, and liked it very much. :)

props to anyone noticing it was Bubbles from The Wire :cool: