FinalGear Racing 2010/24 Hours Of LeMons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. These are the GMPP bars that I bought from the dealer. And the brackets are the Don Rome brackets from GPONA.com. He custom makes them so you don't have to drill into the body :).

I hate you right about now. Was keeping my eye out on one for $8700 US one day. It was a stick shift too :drool:

You know with a couple cans of gloss black and some gold, you too could have a Grand Trans-Am Prix.

You know with a couple cans of gloss black and some gold, you too could have a Grand Trans-Am Prix.

You sir are an ass...:lol:. You are Buford T Justice, just like your avatar. Heading over to auto trader and classic trader...thanks a lot.

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pu/punisherbass/2010/06/01/Buford_T_Justice.jpg

If only I could figure out what kind of hat he wears...

You are awesome, thanks. But $225... jesus tap dancing christ.

Last edited:
http://cgi.ebay.com/STETSON-ROADMAS...Men_s_Women_s_Accessories&hash=item35a9bee17b

See if you can get that one cheap? Be quick though, ends in about 3 hrs

Meh, I don't trust ebay. If I can't find a cheap hat locally, I need to try it on since I have a large head, I'll just do without.

I expect to see the sunglasses too :D

No can do, but my prescription glasses are transitions, meaning they darken when in sunlight. That's as close as I can get.

Meh, I don't trust ebay. If I can't find a cheap hat locally, I need to try it on since I have a large head, I'll just do without.

Measure your head, dumbass. :p And that seller is reputable.

No can do, but my prescription glasses are transitions, meaning they darken when in sunlight. That's as close as I can get.

Can't put sunglasses over your glasses? Gotta sport the look when not in the car.

Last edited:
Measure your head, dumbass. :p And that seller is reputable.

But that would take... you know effort.

Can't put sunglasses over your glasses? Gotta sport the look when not in the car.

No, those clip on ones suck ass, that's was the whole reason why I got transition lenses. And we were only planning to wear costumes for tech and BS inspection, we should end up having something much more fashionable to wear after that...

Last edited:
we were only planning to wear costumes for tech and BS inspection, we should end up having something much more fashionable to wear after that...
You don't need vision for tech and BS. I probably have a pair or twelve of knockoff Ray Bans around here somewhere. Unless I lost them all. They've been known to turn up with alarming regularity around my west coast hangouts (along with my socks.) But I did buy a 15-pack of the damn things, so there SHOULD still be some left.

You don't need vision for tech and BS. I probably have a pair or twelve of knockoff Ray Bans around here somewhere. Unless I lost them all. They've been known to turn up with alarming regularity around my west coast hangouts (along with my socks.) But I did buy a 15-pack of the damn things, so there SHOULD still be some left.

I'm clumsy enough with a full night of sleep and my glasses, sleep deprived and blind as a bat is just asking for trouble.

I think you're about the same size as my son, and he has a hat that looks like that, I think. I may have to "borrow" it for the race. :)

I just noticed you changed your avatar. That gives me an idea....sorta.

Last edited:
First post, hope this gets through the BS filters...

I really, *REALLY* wish I'd seen this a month ago, you'd have had the driver donation in a heartbeat. I've been driving in NASA's HPDE schedule, graduated to the "solo but pass in these areas" 2nd level, and just finished a weekend with TrackDaze and a few of your soon-to-be competitors on the Shenandoah course. There is a brown Volvo wagon you should keep an eye on, they have some 'issues' with braking over the Ski Jump :p

LeMons running the same weekend as NASA Mid-Atlantic's HyperFest. The mind just boggles at the circus atmosphere / rock concert with gas fumes and tire smoke surreality. :cool:

Agreed with earlier comments concerning the "S" group and their superior attitude. That is the primary reason I went with the local NASA bunch, and haven't regretted one weekend spent with them. Friendly, helpful and willing to share everything from a tire pressure gage to TIG welding expertise. You need help with something, check around the paddock at Summit Main.

Cheers!

We have a driver slot pending. Send an email to <myusername, which you see on the left> @finalgear.com if interested.

On the positive side, the seat arrived. I'll be working on fabricating the mount for it tonight.

Quiky didn't mention what seat we got. We wound up going with the Sparco R100 instead of the Kirkey, a bit more expensive than we wanted but it's also a much much nicer seat. There should be no worries about driver discomfort in the ass or back area.

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pu/punisherbass/2010/06/02/SparcoR100.jpg

FinalGear Racing 2010/24 Hours Of LeMons

B4 the mounting.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    891.7 KB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.