MLB '10 Regular Season Thread

Harper goes first- real shocker. What is surprising is that the Nats are already listing him as on OFer.

They want him up there asap. If he can prove he can maybe even make the roster out of Spring next year, the Nats will be a good team next year

They want him up there asap. If he can prove he can maybe even make the roster out of Spring next year, the Nats will be a good team next year

I give that a 0% chance, at best. He's good, but he'll need some seasoning. Plus, with Boras as an agent, who knows if he'll even sign.

I give that a 0% chance, at best. He's good, but he'll need some seasoning. Plus, with Boras as an agent, who knows if he'll even sign.

You never know, the kid was killing college pitching at age 15/16? Hell, even a 30% decline in production still puts him at above .300

I think, personally, its the same situation as last year, if Boras lets him bounce and he sits a year (or returns to college), it'll be a shame. The Nationals deserve the best players for right now.

The scouting report I saw says he struggles with offspeed and breaking stuff.

Unless he works a supply of live chickens in his contract and switches to voodoo, it's going to take more than a few months in the minors.

Hell, Heyward took three.

McCutchen is going to fuck some butts right now with a grand slam as a lead-off hitter.

Holy shit! Strasburg's fastball has INSANE movement. That shit is damn near unhittable.

Edit: Zimmerman gives the kid a lead to work with. The atmosphere at the park is incredible, reminds me of Prior's debut. :(

Last edited:
Its so odd to see Nationals Park sold out with actual Nationals fans.

edit: Anyone know what Strasburg's pitch-count-limit is?

Last edited:
That is a ridiculous amount of strikeouts.

I'm glad I grabbed him in EVERY league I have for Fantasy Baseball... except FinalGear. :|

And there you have it guys, Blue Jays meltdown has officially begun. This year, it stared about 3 weeks later than usual, so that's quite an accomplishment.

Interleagues!!

It's almost a parade of homers for Milwaukee tonight; of course there's still four innings left and anything can happen.

Holy shit, I've lost four points in ERA today in this league thanks to James Shields and his 27.00 ERA today, and I have two pitchers who have over a 25.00 ERA this week in my other league; one of whom is Marmol, the other being Matt Thornton with a 135.00 ERA for his spectacular meltdown this week. Why has my pitching gone so terribly wrong?!