The "New Toys" Thread

pronto-pressure-cooker1%20.jpg

Shitty picture, great product. Lagastina Six Liter Pressure Cooker.

Pressue cookers FTW. I often borrow my Mum's (cos I can;t afford one) and it's absolutely amazing!

Don't forget -- there are two new toys threads. One for tech, one for other random shit. ;)

Recently switched from Comcast cable to Dish Network. I'm loving their new dvr (ViP922 1TB w/sling). Below are pics of the recorded programs list and guide.

photo-21.jpg

photo-20.jpg

Last edited:
By now Id've already been multibooting nitdroid, maemo and meego....if i had said phone.... :(

EDIT: don't forget about overclocking it too. most people boost it to 800MHz and quite a few hit 1GHz. Show those Snapdragons whose King!

Yeah I've been thinking to overclock mine too but the warranty issues are what concerned about... Have you been happy with your N900? These things doesn't seem to bee too common here in FinalGear :D

I want evoWALO's new screen!!

Yeah I've been thinking to overclock mine too but the warranty issues are what concerned about... Have you been happy with your N900? These things doesn't seem to bee too common here in FinalGear :D

I want evoWALO's new screen!!

By now Id've already been multibooting nitdroid, maemo and meego....if i had said phone.... :(
/me slaps temppa with an N900!

Worth every penny! But wait for a sale from Dell when getting one. It was offered at $800 from $1100 a few weeks ago. The Apple LED Cinema display is 24-inches and 1920x1200 native

I was only half kidding about it being tempting to get one (that's a ton of money).

However my current monitor is starting to go out I think, so maybe I do actually want to get one...

My only concern is that it's 16:9 rather than the much better 16:10. Okay, it's more resolution tall than my current one, but I still really prefer the 16:10 form factor to my second monitor's 16:9.

EDIT: Would you mind measuring the actual screen size (height and width). I'm curious if it's as tall as mine.

EDIT #2: Do you have to power it using two DVI connectors due to the resolution? If so, that means I'd need a cheapo second video card to run my second monitor. :(

Last edited:
I was only half kidding about it being tempting to get one (that's a ton of money).

However my current monitor is starting to go out I think, so maybe I do actually want to get one...

My only concern is that it's 16:9 rather than the much better 16:10. Okay, it's more resolution tall than my current one, but I still really prefer the 16:10 form factor to my second monitor's 16:9.

EDIT: Would you mind measuring the actual screen size (height and width). I'm curious if it's as tall as mine.

EDIT #2: Do you have to power it using two DVI connectors due to the resolution? If so, that means I'd need a cheapo second video card to run my second monitor. :(

I seriously doubt it, my Radeon 9600 lists a max resolution of 2560 x 1600 and it only has one DVI port :dunno:

Dual-Link DVI means its got two data channels in one connector, not two connectors. pretty much all GPUs since the GF 7 support Dual-Link DVI

Who is patiently waiting for June 24th as a result of today? :whistle:

i am, but i have been for quite a while and not as a result of today :p i want futurama back...
what are you waiting for?

One of these to show up on my doorstep:

IPhone_4.png

Well, I am waiting, but for some time in July.. No excact date yet for the Danish release :(

Too bad my contract lasts for another year... Got the 3GS on its release.
T-mobile Germany wants 25 Euros a month if you wanna prolong early...