No 56k: Grand Theft Auto IV

Viper I am disappoint, that thing's screaming to be replaced by an R32 Skyline! (Well at least the front is, the rest is very 90s Thunderbird.)

Viper I am disappoint, that thing's screaming to be replaced by an R32 Skyline! (Well at least the front is, the rest is very 90s Thunderbird.)

Sultan RS is more the fit for that.

I can't seem to get ScriptHook to load so that I can use NET addons. I have no problem using other ASI addons, but this one won't load (no console and moveDoors won't work). The log file says it is loading though:

Log start: Sun Jul 11 23:29:24 2010
-----------------------------------------------
[INFO] GTA IV Script Hook 0.5.1 - (C) 2009, Aru - Initialized
[INFO] Process base address: 0x1200000
[INFO] Auto detecting game version
[INFO] Using game version 1.0.7
[INFO] [DXHook] Thread started
[INFO] [SpeedometerIV][DXSpeedo] -> Init Skin 'Default'...
[INFO] [SpeedometerIV][DXSpeedo] -> Skin 'Default' Exist...
[INFO] [SpeedometerIV][DXSpeedo] -> Searching for '.\SpeedoIV\Default\Bck.png'...
[INFO] [SpeedometerIV][DXSpeedo] -> '.\SpeedoIV\Default\Bck.png' found!
[INFO] [SpeedometerIV][DXSpeedo] -> Searching for '.\SpeedoIV\Default\Pin.png'...
[INFO] [SpeedometerIV][DXSpeedo] -> '.\SpeedoIV\Default\Pin.png' found!
[INFO] [SpeedometerIV][DXSpeedo] -> Load Skin ini '.\SpeedoIV\Default\Config.ini'...
[INFO] [SpeedometerIV][DXSpeedo] -> Init Skin 'Default'...
[INFO] [SpeedometerIV][DXSpeedo] -> Skin 'Default' Exist...
[INFO] [SpeedometerIV][DXSpeedo] -> Searching for '.\SpeedoIV\Default\Bck.png'...
[INFO] [SpeedometerIV][DXSpeedo] -> '.\SpeedoIV\Default\Bck.png' found!
[INFO] [SpeedometerIV][DXSpeedo] -> Searching for '.\SpeedoIV\Default\Pin.png'...
[INFO] [SpeedometerIV][DXSpeedo] -> '.\SpeedoIV\Default\Pin.png' found!
[INFO] [SpeedometerIV][DXSpeedo] -> Load Skin ini '.\SpeedoIV\Default\Config.ini'...
[INFO] [DXHook] Thread killed
[INFO] Script Hook - Shutdown

Any ideas?

HL2 used integer method for HDR, so they could do it easily in shaders. proper HDR uses floating point FP16 or FP32..... and i believe this uses the same buffers/registers as AA. so its one or the other.

Uhmmm, Ati has been able to do HDR and AA since the 18xx series, and Nvidia since G80.

I can't seem to get ScriptHook to load so that I can use NET addons. I have no problem using other ASI addons, but this one won't load (no console and moveDoors won't work). The log file says it is loading though:

Any ideas?

Have you configured the config.ini file in the speedoiv folder?
Open it with note pad, and on the autostart line change 'false' to 'true'
The default toggle on/off key for speedoIV is suppose to be F12 but that didn't seem to work on my PC.

If you're using the Native Trainer, disable it using rctrl+ralt+e or d, enable SpeedoIV using F12 while auto start is true and then re enable trainer, after that everytime i load the game speedo is loaded anyway

If SpeedoIV is .NET powered, then my .NET addon is apparently working as I have it's speedo and it's log file is doing it's thing. However ~ opens no console and I can't get EPM to do anything.

Easiest thing to get the tyres smoking, barely any effort and tonnes of tyre smoke. the SRT 10 should have this handling line :p

Anyone do any sound modding on the cars?

Did anyone notice how whatever car you're driving, the same car is everywhere on the road and parked around you (especially with modded cars). Is there a way to randomize the cars better?

Did anyone notice how whatever car you're driving, the same car is everywhere on the road and parked around you (especially with modded cars).

Yes, because it's one of the cars that's in memory at the moment. No, I'm not aware of anything you can do to fix it.

Usually it's the large texture cars that cause the issue, i replaced all the crown vics (taxi/police/noose) which were each 4mb and it got a bit better in that other than taxi and cop cars were spawning and cars that i wasnt driving were spawning. So i left it at that level and it seems tolerable

Yup the above are correct. You notice it more with modded cars because they are usually higher poly count and have higher res textures than the stock cars. Therefore they take up more space in memory, meaning less cars fit in memory meaning less cars to choose from when spawning cars.

Its very weird when driving a exotic car! You feel like a middle class person :p

And another weird fact - I like Ferraris but I don't REALLY love them...(like certain person who has posted above me :p) but it seems out of the 39 cars I have replaced 6 of them are Ferraris! Its time to snap some red...brb..

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/ar/archie411/2010/07/15/GTAIV_2010-07-14_10-44-41-72.png

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/ar/archie411/2010/07/15/GTAIV_2010-07-14_10-49-56-30.png
The 288 has working pop up head lights! How awesome is that? :D

Last edited:
Its very weird when driving a exotic car! You feel like a middle class person :p

And another weird fact - I like Ferraris but I don't REALLY love them...(like certain person who has posted above me :p) but it seems out of the 39 cars I have replaced 6 of them are Ferraris! Its time to snap some red...brb..

The 288 has working pop up head lights! How awesome is that? :D

Lemme guess: You replaced the Hakumai with the 288?

lol, i did that too