Top Gear America trailer

Trailer was crap, I dont know what anyone saw in it. Ill try to watch it again in case there was something i missed but the 1st viewing was painful enough. Too much presenter and scripted laughing and cocking about, and not enough car. Ill watch whatever they put on, but looks like theyre trying too hard, totally unnatural.

WHAT!? Scripted or not (UK top gear always has been and still is a scripted show, we've just been watching 8 years and its starting to become more obvious to us), that was a very well done trailer, and it didnt seem scripted to me at all, compared to say, original top gear.

While it didn't seem scripted, I wouldn't say it was "well done." I really hope they do a better job of picking music for the show. In my opionion, TGUK's music is almost as important as it's cinematography.

If you take the first 10 seconds of the Challenge, then skip the rest the trailer actually becomes a lot more viewable, it's simply a case of horrible editing and production of the trailer.

Try watching it again to the point where BFP (Big Fat Plaid) finishes the challenge speech :43, skip to 1.10 see what you think then.

And no matter what, they should of ended it with "The Stig" silhouetted on a track, arms folded.

It's not the stig, it's the stig's american cousin. And he's fat. If he isn't fat I'm rage-not-watching. :x

:p

I am genuinely excited about this!! I know it will never be TG UK and there's no replacement for Clarkson, but we all already knew that coming into this I hope! Finally, there will be an entertaining motoring show that I can watch on TV with my friends instead of huddling around a Laptop screen watching downloaded TG UK videos courtesy of FinalGear. The only things we have hear are some crap "reality" shows with Chip Foose and some other car business guru's and then some ""How-to" type shows on Spike like "Trucks!" "MuscleCar" "Xtreme 4x4" and "HorsePower." And while those are all decent shows, none of them are entertaining or make people laugh. I mean it gets boring turning on the Speed channel or Spike and seeing ANOTHER '67 GTO rebuild or ANOTHER Ford Bronco turned into a purpose built off-roader. I want funny, I want entertaining, and I want it on TV, not on my computer!! Sure we can watch Season 10 or whatever they are finally airing on BBC America...but at this point those are 5-6 year old cars that I don't care about or already know about...sure it's still entertaining, but as you watch it, you get the sense that it's a bit dated. I mean we can't even buy TG UK on DVD over here so all I have to say is...FINALLY!!!!!!

In my opionion, TGUK's music is almost as important as it's cinematography.

Are you seriously suggesting that the History channel try to compete with the music licensing capacity of the B B F**KING C (!?) or it is doomed to failure?

Well, Stig's Aussie cousin wasn't upside-down...

I know! And I only ever watched one episode of that! (actual reason: I'm not aussie, right, so, like, I didn't see the point in watching them drive the same cars as the TGUK and still being foreign buggers)

I mean we can't even buy TG UK on DVD

Sorry, but you're wrong. Go to Best Buy and see for yourself. Don't actually buy the DVDs or anything though, you know, because of the awful music they license (for cheap) for the DVDs.

Last edited:
Are you seriously suggesting that the History channel try to compete with the music licensing capacity of the B B F**KING C (!?) or it is doomed to failure?

No, what I'm suggesting is that there is more than a metric fuck-ton of Creative Commons free-use music out there that is fantastic. The shite they used in the trailer is the kind of stuff you hear in the background of corporate motivational videos, or the stuff manufacturing companies loop while showing a slideshow if their plastic stamping machinery.

Last edited:
the thing is, if top gear is to survive in the future (once clarkson, hammond & may finish) it will have to reinvent itself. therefore the US one will have to be completely different- in style and humor

It looks like it could be a reasonably good show in its own right. It's refreshing to see an American TV show that HASN'T been polished to within an inch of its life, and I do like the down home feel. However, whether or not it's worthy of the TG brand is another thing ...

I'll certainly watch and see, as it should be a pleasant way to occupy 42 minutes or so once a week over 13 weeks (or how many episodes there are in an American TV season these days).

I am genuinely excited about this!! I know it will never be TG UK and there's no replacement for Clarkson, but we all already knew that coming into this I hope! Finally, there will be an entertaining motoring show that I can watch on TV with my friends instead of huddling around a Laptop screen watching downloaded TG UK videos courtesy of FinalGear. The only things we have hear are some crap "reality" shows with Chip Foose and some other car business guru's and then some ""How-to" type shows on Spike like "Trucks!" "MuscleCar" "Xtreme 4x4" and "HorsePower." And while those are all decent shows, none of them are entertaining or make people laugh. I mean it gets boring turning on the Speed channel or Spike and seeing ANOTHER '67 GTO rebuild or ANOTHER Ford Bronco turned into a purpose built off-roader. I want funny, I want entertaining, and I want it on TV, not on my computer!! Sure we can watch Season 10 or whatever they are finally airing on BBC America...but at this point those are 5-6 year old cars that I don't care about or already know about...sure it's still entertaining, but as you watch it, you get the sense that it's a bit dated. I mean we can't even buy TG UK on DVD over here so all I have to say is...FINALLY!!!!!!

Gearz is fairly funny at times(on speed), and he builds some strange stuff.

And you can get Top gear on DVD here, it is not always easy. Try looking here and here.

The second site has some good deals on occasion, you just have to watch for them.

So I have a rerun of the series 5 premiere of TGUK on my DVR and it begins with a fabulous tease of highlights of the coming season. That's how you do a promo.

it wasnt a "promo" it was a teaser trailer. promo will be different

the thing is, if top gear is to survive in the future (once clarkson, hammond & may finish) it will have to reinvent itself. therefore the US one will have to be completely different- in style and humor

its not a "replacement" for UK

My concern is a bit to do with the relatively young are and rather good looks of the presenters. I hope that they really do know something about cars - not just US ones on ones just in the US market either.

I like the moonshine skit but - watch the high fives - a bit passe.