Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I stand corrected.

Last edited:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/25/osu-buckeye-bullet-2-sets-new-battery-powered-speed-record/

OSU Buckeye Bullet 2 sets new battery-powered speed record

Ohio State's Buckeye Bullet 2 has just set a new battery-powered vehicle record after hitting a speed of 291 mph averaged over two separate runs done back-to-back in opposite directions. Yes, it's technically slower than the two-way land speed record of 300.992 mph the original Bullet set back in 2009, but that car was powered by hydrogen fuel cells. This year's model instead was developed in partnership with boutique Monaco-based electric car manufacturer Venturi and replaced the fuel cells with lithium-ion batteries from A123 Systems. It's also apparently a testing prototype for a new car that's coming in 2011. Will that car hit these kind of world record speeds? Probably not, but we're not letting that dash our newly formed geek fantasy of seeing it drag against a Tesla.

Not bad for an electric dart on wheels.

The insurance company has decided that they will be repairing my Accent but the damage total is already dangerously close to the write-off value.

I got a hold of their estimate and it looks like it was done through binoculars at 200 yards. Its missing the replacement of the tire, inner fender and fails to take into consideration that the body has been tweaked to the point that there is a large gap when the hatch is closed, on the opposite side of the car.

I've got a feeling it will be a totalled once the body shop opens it up.

They like beige it seems. I'm glad nobody was hurt but I won't shed a tear over the death of any of those dullboxes.

Dude, It's HONDURAS, if you have anything fancier and don't have bodyguards will be shot. I've seen a guy get killed for an MX-5. one for a damn Nissan Urvan. The bus thing. I myself have been looking at this store that sells TYTE JDM CARS YO!. Really, they just import them and give them a LHD conversion.

I'm seriously considering a Caldina.

My driver's seatbelt pre-tensioner thing has randomly broken, the belt won't even retract properly. I'll be driving around with a useless seatbelt until next Monday at the least, the soonest any place I called up would be able to even take a look at it for me. Shitskies! :wall:

Hoping I don't have an accident and eat steering wheel / windscreen in the meantime.....

Last edited:
should say "in norway you will only cross the speedlimit once..."

Speaking of speed traps - when I was tooling around my grandfather's neighborhood last weekend, I discovered to my alarm that the speed limit on a stretch of road had dropped 20mph and they'd put up a speed camera because some idiot built a school there.

I just got pulled over by the police for speeding. And I knew they like to build up their laser trap right there, especially at 11 pm. Nonetheless I matched the speed of the subway train in the middle of the street to catch the green light caused by the train (the trains go 60 kph there). They catched me with 57 kph, 50 are allowed. Normally this would cost me ? 15.

I got off with a warning. :)

For shad: Kr?ckenweg coming from the city, before the Palmweide junction.

Ha, I just drove through there (well, a friend did, I was only passenger :p) about an hour earlier on my way back from the cinema - no police to be seen then.

Okay let me get that powerpoint presentation from my USB flash drive so I can work on it in the back of my Mercedes...oh wait... lol

I went to the dealership that I mentioned with mum, she likes the idea of a cheap car. I'm trying to steer her to a ST215 (4wd 2nd gen toyota caldina 2.0 Turbo. Fast estate Fuck yeah!) so what is she interested in.

A Mazda Familia and a toyota duet. FML.

01-widebody-crz-gtchannel.jpg

02-widebody-crz-gtchannel.jpg

03-widebody-crz-gtchannel.jpg

04-widebody-crz-gtchannel.jpg

05-widebody-crz-gtchannel.jpg

I wonder if this is just a one-off or a real Honda GT racer.

Three shock absorbers and four dust boots have arrived at my apartment. The fourth one is in transit and won't be delivered until next Tuesday. No local store carries them and special-ordering them would require waiting until Wednesday. Looks like my front end will stay bouncy for a couple more days.