General Anime Thread

I can imagine a meh anime where every car is a Subaru. They better goddamn well have someone of the main cast drive a Legacy.

Not sure if want.

a bit late with quote, is an old post :p

But there's already a "car" anime with a Subaru, that's not Initial D.

eX Driver, long in the future, where cars are automatic, and cars running on fuel is rare, and very few know how to drive, except the eX Drivers, who drive around, shooting foam at the sensors of automated cars that malfunction and run crazy.
it's two girls, and a 12 year old boy
One girl drives a Lotus Europa Special.
the 12 year old boy drives a Lotus Super Seven
and the last girl drives a Impreza WRX, which she replaces with a Lancia Stratos eventually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ÉX-Driver

That's another way to get around Tokyo laws.... internet distribution.

If that's the future, then I definitely welcome it. I'd pay maybe $1 per ep for an online streaming service.

Amagami ep.24
This is the end of Ayatsuchi's arc. I don't like Ayatsuchi's character too much, she feels like a control freak to me, but the ending is really well done. When Tachibana told her how he likes all her personalities, that's really sweet. The 10 years later time skip is nice too. But my favorite arc is still Haruka, this is definitely a close second and Kaoru's third. Looks like next ep we'll see the girl that stood him up during Christmas eve.

Just watched tekkon tinkreet,kigeki,steamboy, first squad the moment of truth and the animatrix and i think i am now a Studio 4c fanboy.

Amagami ep.24
This is the end of Ayatsuchi's arc. I don't like Ayatsuchi's character too much, she feels like a control freak to me, but the ending is really well done. When Tachibana told her how he likes all her personalities, that's really sweet. The 10 years later time skip is nice too. But my favorite arc is still Haruka, this is definitely a close second and Kaoru's third. Looks like next ep we'll see the girl that stood him up during Christmas eve.

Oh so the 24th episode is out? I didn't want to start watching the last arc until all the episodes were released. My favorite arcs are also Harukas and Kaorus. So I guess I will enjoy this.
The girl who stood him up? Really? I wonder whether we know her :think:....

Oh so the 24th episode is out? I didn't want to start watching the last arc until all the episodes were released. My favorite arcs are also Harukas and Kaorus. So I guess I will enjoy this.
The girl who stood him up? Really? I wonder whether we know her :think:....

The raw and Chinese sub is definitely out, I'm not sure if there's an English sub yet though. But yea, Haruka is my favorite arc too.

Actually, getting back to the Subaru x Gainax Animation Project, it's a youtube series titled Houkago no Pleiades.
https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lu/lupin_iv/2010/12/16/Subaru.jpg
And this character is actually named Subaru.

Yes, because that's EXACTLY what I imagined anthropomorphizing Subaru would look like :p

I think the new law will go the same way the 276HP limit went for cars. Not a single fuck will be given.

Last edited:
Yes, because that's EXACTLY what I imagined anthropomorphizing Subaru would look like :p

I think the new law will go the same way the 276HP limit went for cars. Not a single fuck will be given.

Because that wasn't a law, that was a mutual agreement amount manufacturers. IIRC. Probably. I'm going to post this before I lose more confidence but correct me if I'm wrong.

Because that wasn't a law, that was a mutual agreement amount manufacturers. IIRC. Probably. I'm going to post this before I lose more confidence but correct me if I'm wrong.

Don't lose hope, and yeah the minimum research shows it was a gentleman's agreement. But that law almost seems deliberately vague. Higurashi might not make it through but it wont make a substantial difference on anime as we know it.

Good-bye Light music club, good luck at the college all slice of life main characters go! Say hi to Sakaki and Kagami while you're there.

That said I do have some thoughts:

- I loved episodes 4-5 being POV sequels
- Episode 10 addressed one of my concerns with the first season
- Sweet mother of god there are a lot of bonus episodes
- This series holds the record for the least time between it being shown and me watching it (Last episode original broadcast: September 28, 2010) putting that on the same week I started watching the first season.
- MOVIE!!!!

-I'm guessing it will finally tie up the big knot that the series left-Will the club fully join again in college. this idea is further supported by the fact the voice actress of Sawako-Sensei apparently had no idea of a movie

Don't lose hope, and yeah the minimum research shows it was a gentleman's agreement. But that law almost seems deliberately vague. Higurashi might not make it through but it wont make a substantial difference on anime as we know it.

Good-bye Light music club, good luck at the college all slice of life main characters go! Say hi to Sakaki and Kagami while you're there.

That said I do have some thoughts:

- I loved episodes 4-5 being POV sequels
- Episode 10 addressed one of my concerns with the first season
- Sweet mother of god there are a lot of bonus episodes
- This series holds the record for the least time between it being shown and me watching it (Last episode original broadcast: September 28, 2010) putting that on the same week I started watching the first season.
- MOVIE!!!!

-I'm guessing it will finally tie up the big knot that the series left-Will the club fully join again in college. this idea is further supported by the fact the voice actress of Sawako-Sensei apparently had no idea of a movie

I was losing confidence in my knowledge of Japanese law, not the anime industry :p

Of course there will still be anime, and there will still be good anime, but there will probably be a bit less of it, and it may kill off certain genres. Or maybe, it won't have the impact some people are predicting. At the very least it will be interesting to find out.

DAMN. YOUR. SIG.

Anyone who is into mecha anime check out the Gundamn! podcast on the MAHQ site

http://www.gundamn.net/

It's a pretty good podcast covering all things mecha with a preference for Gundam and Macross but they also occasionally branch out in the occasional western non-anime sci-fi, great discussions on Firefly, ST Movie and BSG.

Anyone who is into mecha anime check out the Gundamn! podcast on the MAHQ site

http://www.gundamn.net/

It's a pretty good podcast covering all things mecha with a preference for Gundam and Macross but they also occasionally branch out in the occasional western non-anime sci-fi, great discussions on Firefly, ST Movie and BSG.

I was just thinking i needed a new podcast to listen too

Haruhi finished:

2006 episodes were great
2009 episodes ranged from good to meh to FUCKING ENDLESS EIGHT
And to my surprise, I really enjoyed Disappearance, despite its length.

Eh, it's been 4 days and I didn't even realise Dissappearance was out. I am disappointed in myself. I'll just watch endless eight while I wait.