Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

Am I the only one who doesn't care about this Spiderman movie? I'm usually very into comic book films and superhero movies, but after the last Spiderman franchise I'm burned out on it.

I swear that Sam Raimi lost his damn mind.

Am I the only one who doesn't care about this Spiderman movie? I'm usually very into comic book films and superhero movies, but after the last Spiderman franchise I'm burned out on it.

you aren't the only one. Spider-man 3 left a very sour taste in my mouth after 2 the first films were great. just seems like they are doing this re-boot to soon and its being pushed out with very little actual thought being involved in it. same as the new X-Men film, its too obvious that they are just thinking of the money and not the actual comic books themselves or the fans of the comic books.
you only have to look at the hype generated just by the announcement of Anne Hathaway and Tom Hardy a few weeks back and how Nolan is treating the Batman franchise to see how it should be done.

on another different note, just played the demo of Bulletstorm and despite all the hype its getting i really struggled to find anything that i liked about this game. aside from some nifty moves i didn't really feel like there was any superior gameplay involved in it.
looks like one to miss.

Last edited:
I have major problems going on with some new games.

I really want the Dragon Quest VI remake coming out on Feb 14th. So I'll probably buy that, because who knows if it'll be a limited run here in America. (Probably will, you can't get V anymore, and I wants it!)

Then, the new Pokemon is coming out just before the 3DS (like March 20th?).

And then I pre-ordered the 3DS (and expect to get it on the 27th, I pre-ordered it back in January). And I just got Dragon Quest IX too. (Fun game, I like it, but I like that kind of stuff.)

Looks like I'll be waiting for a bit to buy the new Pokemon games. @_@

And there's the new PSP successor coming here sometime late this year.

Why is everything good coming out this year? D:

(And yes, I know I said THEN a lot of times, but it's been the order of stuff I want.)

Last edited:
What I was reading in the same time while this page was loading

389053648_innaq-L-2.jpg

Activision = Call of Duty. And nothing more. Good business practice by Bobby, the same man that wanted to charge monthly for Black Ops' multiplayer.

People can take consolation in Rock Band

Last edited:
Activision = Call of Duty. And nothing more. Good business practice by Bobby, the same man that wanted to charge monthly for Black Ops' multiplayer.

People can take consolation in Rock Band

And World of Warcraft, and Diablo 3 whenever it gets released. And uh....

well those games are run by Blizzard, while technically Blizzard is a part of activision. those games generate so much money on their own (you only to have to look at the tons of money that Cataclysm generated for Blizzard). Only Blizzard have any real say what goes on in them. Activision is only there by name. Kind of like how BioWare are part of EA now. Its in name only and BioWare still have full control over their respective franchises.

i live in hope that Blizzard are too smart to let that happen. once that Kotick prick gets his hands on the WoW franchise i'll be cancelling my subsciption. No way would i stick around for Call of Azeroth: Horde Special Ops to come around.

I'm very meh about the Spiderman relaunch. I'll probably go watch it when it comes out but for the time being, it's not really on my mind. I am excited for Thor and Captain America. I've been on an Avengers kick lately, trying to catch up with what's been going on in the comics as I never really paid much attention to that group. The X-Men were my thing and yes, I am going to see First Class. Mainly for lulz.

I'm very meh about the Spiderman relaunch. I'll probably go watch it when it comes out but for the time being, it's not really on my mind. I am excited for Thor and Captain America. I've been on an Avengers kick lately, trying to catch up with what's been going on in the comics as I never really paid much attention to that group. The X-Men were my thing and yes, I am going to see First Class. Mainly for lulz.

i've given up trying to keep up with the Avengers comic books. there's so many of them now. New Avengers, Secret Avengers and so on. Not to count the previous versions like Dark Avengers, Mighty Avengers and others. ever since the Siege event and the Heroic Age storyline came along i've found it really difficult to keep up with Marvel's narrative.
if Age of X is to be believed, then X-Men definately looks to be the best team group book at the moment (although i'm a DC nerd so i am obligated to say i prefer the Justice League).

i've given up trying to keep up with the Avengers comic books. there's so many of them now. New Avengers, Secret Avengers and so on. Not to count the previous versions like Dark Avengers, Mighty Avengers and others. ever since the Siege event and the Heroic Age storyline came along i've found it really difficult to keep up with Marvel's narrative.
if Age of X is to be believed, then X-Men definately looks to be the best team group book at the moment (although i'm a DC nerd so i am obligated to say i prefer the Justice League).

The only Avengers books I peek in on sometimes are Avengers and New Avengers. Can't be bothered with the rest and I really want to know what the hell is Marvel doing with this Commander Rogers thing lately. I swear they want to turn him into Asshole-verse Cap. I haven't read X-Men since mid-last year I think? I couldn't stand the art so I just dropped it off my pull-list. Speaking of DC, when that Civil War crap was going on, I got really into Green Lantern Corps. I never really bothered with JLA (but there is a old storyline that looks interesting so I hope it's out in trade) but I used to love JSA. At least the old lineup with the Jack Knight Starman. Which reminds me, I really need to pick up that series.