TV: Sherlock (BBC)

I finally took the time to watch ep3 and it was epic. Too bad it only had 3 episodes.

I was hoping Moriarty will stay hidden for until the next series, but the script has been very good so far and I'm sure they will provide us with more surprises and mysteries.

That was a great series, shame it was such a short run (though the 90 minute episode length somewhat makes up for that). Sherlock being played by a younger actor did bother me a little at first too, but then I thought "hey, hold on a minute, Sherlock Holmes wasn't born an old man, he was young once" so really it doesn't matter.

just watched the third episode.
much like savamane i was hoping that the Moriarty reveal didn't take place until the next series giving the show a bit of time to build up a bit of mythology. however i really enjoyed the reveal and was a twist i didn't see coming.
already looking forward to the start of the next series and hopefully the BBC will give the show more episodes next season. While i normally agree with the BBC mandate of quality over quantity the 3 episode season didn't really give the show a chance to really establish or push some boundaries.
Stephen Moffat must be the luckiest and most valuable man in the BBC at the moment.

They should do more episodes but start from Ep 1 then run into the new episodes - I really like the Watson character - seems dim but is not so fits with the spirit of the books. It was just his character that made him seem like that and the actor pulled it off - yes on the V+ box (NB equivalent to TiVo).

I wasn?t really sure if I would like the show from what I had heard. Modern day and all ... but after having watched the first two episodes, I have to say ... I really like it. Hopefully, they will be able to keep this up ...

Bought the first season on Blu Ray, loved the series can't wait till second series comes round.

After seeing this topic i downloaded the episodes, and it is a great series! Any clue yet on when S2 is starting?

Following a highly successful launch with over 7.5m viewers watching the first episode in July 2010, Sherlock returns for three new 90-minute episodes in Autumn 2011

...and only 3 as well. i know Moffat is busy with Series Six of Doctor Who and this years Xmas special but i was hoping that they would at least do more than 3 episodes in the next series. At least 6 or 7.
guess i should just be happy with it returning at all.

Just finished watching this first series on DVD, absolutely brilliant. Proof that Steve Moffat and Mark Gatiss' talents aren't restricted to Doctor Who, nor a fluke.

Awesome.

Just finished watching this first series on DVD, absolutely brilliant. Proof that Steve Moffat and Mark Gatiss' talents aren't restricted to Doctor Who, nor a fluke.

Awesome.

actually its not the first time that Moffat has proved his worth in script writing beyond Doctor Who. He was responsible for the Press Gang childrens tv series, the Jekyll mini-series and also the sitcom Coupling. i'm practically almost convinced that the man is a writing genius.
also Mark Gatiss is one part of the League of Gentlemen trio and his writing has shown through that as well.

actually its not the first time that Moffat has proved his worth in script writing beyond Doctor Who. He was responsible for the Press Gang childrens tv series, the Jekyll mini-series and also the sitcom Coupling. i'm practically almost convinced that the man is a writing genius.
also Mark Gatiss is one part of the League of Gentlemen trio and his writing has shown through that as well.

That's an exaggeration, I know that, point is about the writing and modern era contextualizing in Sherlock is great. Yes Moffat and Gatiss has a history of excellent writing. David Walliams of Little Britain speaks highly of Mark Gatiss' comedy writing.

Anyways back on topic about Sherlock.