Ferraris in Surrey?

Alasondro Alegré

Forum Addict
This blogger (or rather, someone who was with her) claims to have spotted at least two of the lads in a couple of Ferraris last Saturday (the 26th),

Next we headed off to Godstone Winery. By dint of taking the road into Godstone instead of north, Simon managed to put us behind a couple of shiny Ferraris, one rounded and vintage, one modern and angular and both shiny red. We followed them to the roundabout where we were planning to turn and watched them turn and drive back past us, at which point Simon said 'that's Jeremy Clarkson and that's James May'. I spotted someone in the passenger seat of May's Ferrari and decided it must be the Hamster.

http://marypcb.livejournal.com/351508.html

It seems that place is quite close to Denbies Wine Estate, where James built his Lego house. If it was him alone, you could think that he was in the area to take care of some final business. But in a Ferrari that isn't his, along with Jeremy in another Ferrari? (The TG trio owns zero Ferraris at the moment, afaik... actually, has Richard managed to sell his 550 yet?). Also, I'm thinking it could be an old California and a new one, although it'd be quite difficult to get hold of an old one, I should imagine. And we know the new one will be in the Romanian Special, so it'd be unusual to have it twice in the series.

Has to be some kind of "is the 458 a proper Ferrari" comparison with an old one. Jeremy once said, after testing a new Ferrari (I think it was the 599), that he'd rather have and old, "proper" one - maybe Richard or James are now trying to prove him wrong.

Last edited:
(The TG trio owns zero Ferraris at the moment, afaik... actually, has Richard managed to sell his 550 yet

He was gonna sell it, but in his TG Columns said he was gonna keep it and 'modify' it, even if it's rusting from the inside because he washes it too much.

Forgive my suspicion, but how can you know a car is a Ferrari but have too fleeting a glimpse to actually be able to work out which Ferrari it was?!

Forgive my suspicion, but how can you know a car is a Ferrari but have too fleeting a glimpse to actually be able to work out which Ferrari it was?!

Not know much about cars but recognise the Ferrari badge.

If they had a 250 GT California, I'll be disappointed if they didn't pick it up at a parking garage, jump railroad tracks with the theme from Star Wars playing, and then return it with almost 200 more miles on it.

Seeing as how its Jezza, I'm gonna guess that he's in the angular one and its the F355.