The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

The most fun we had in physics was being shocked by a 9V battery through a transformer. And maybe some mercury. Other than that, it was 99% just theory. *grumble*

But even so, our system (the educational system in a lot of Eastern European countries) was still a lot better than the Western ones with their practical approaches.

Case in point - I still remember a good deal from all science classes I took in high school. It proved to be helpful when I took advanced physics in college. All the science majors hated me. They spent years taking science classes and getting ready to become doctors, and here I come - the guy majoring in Rhetoric (Liberal Arts) and I get the highest scores on all the tests and assignments.

I will sound like a total nerd but math really is the basis for everything. Once you get a good foundation in basic mathematics concepts you have the ability to understand all other sciences.

(And I just ruined the Funny Picture Thread :lol:)

But even so, our system (the educational system in a lot of Eastern European countries) was still a lot better than the Western ones with their practical approaches.

Case in point - I still remember a good deal from all science classes I took in high school. It proved to be helpful when I took advanced physics in college. All the science majors hated me. They spent years taking science classes and getting ready to become doctors, and here I come - the guy majoring in Rhetoric (Liberal Arts) and I get the highest scores on all the tests and assignments.

I will sound like a total nerd but math really is the basis for everything. Once you get a good foundation in basic mathematics concepts you have the ability to understand all other sciences.

(And I just ruined the Funny Picture Thread :lol:)

I've noticed the correlation as well. People who are good at maths are usually good at everything else they want to do.

Oh, and smart people are usually lazy. Its a fact of the Universe.

You do know that Tuna is a fish, right?

spell4.jpg

Cowboy's bought a Ford? Who knew.

https://pic.armedcats.net/e/ep/epp_b/2011/03/17/phone3_OB.jpg

This happened to me today, so I felt compelled to post this.

I kid you not:

Me: Hello?
Caller: Hi, is [so-and-so] there?
Me: I'm sorry, you have the wrong number
Caller: Uh...um...er...um... are you sure?
Me: Yeah, this is the wrong number.
Caller: This number is xxx-xxxx?
Me: Yes, but this isn't the person you're looking for. Someone gave you a wrong number.
Caller: Are you sure there isn't someone by that name staying at your house? *
Me: No, it's the wrong number.
Caller: Oh, so someone gave me the wrong number?
Me: Yes.

[facepalm.jpg]

My first thought was that it has got to be someone from "Mudder Waters" :lol: (sorry, Ramseus :p)

- - - - - - - - - - -

* I WOULD KNOW IF SOMEONE WAS STAYING AT MY FRIGGIN' HOUSE!!!

Like, really...

Last edited:
My first thought was that it has got to be someone from "Mudder Waters" :lol: (sorry, Ramseus :p)

wat :|

I should pay more attention to the names that wrong number people ask for because I'm pretty sure for a while some dumbass thought my cell phone number was his.

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/ra/ramseus/2011/03/17/Thaim-for-Puns.jpg

Same thing really.