How I Met Your Mother

Really?
Guess I shouldn't use wikipedia as tvguide :p

Yeah, seasons are 24 episodes, so not all done yet ;)

Can't believe I never got into this show before! I spent half of last term watching HIMYM, and loved all of it! Great show.

And I've just watched Barney's episode. Frankly I very much like the serious stuff - both this and Marshall's dad were sudden things adding a very good bit of drama and while I do agree that the show needs mostly comedy; I am a big fan of dark stuff. Sure I get that if I want secrets and deaths then I can watch Spooks all night long, but as has been said, a simply comedy show can become boring. Break it up by a little seriousness and all is well even so.

Not looking forward to an episode with Katy Perry in it, as hot as she is. Celebs not famous for acting should stay away from fictional shows.

I remember when this show was funny...sigh.

Tonight's episode sucked. Zooey plot was a complete joke and a waste of show time. And she was a b****.

And the episode wasn't funny. Can we have old Mother back now?

I definitely agree, you could clearly see they phoned it in this week. The bit that Ted 'couldn't say for legal reasons' seemed like such an excuse. Here's hoping next week's episode is much much better.

Loved the finale of season six and seven seven is looking damn fine if you ask me. Bravo How I Met Your Mother

JESUS IT'S VICTORIA! Also, the new season feels a little different somehow, it's not worse but it's different. Maybe it's because they're in the bar less and everybody looks a little bit older and with Lily pregnant, I doubt they're going to be at McLaren's as much. It'll be the end of an era.

Frankly I very much like the serious stuff - both this and Marshall's dad were sudden things adding a very good bit of drama and while I do agree that the show needs mostly comedy; I am a big fan of dark stuff.
I know what you mean. A couple of series ago "Outnumbered" did several shows about the grandfather's senility which were really quite touching.

Crap, didn't realise it was a double-header yesterday, and only set my PVR to record the first one.

Realized my mistake not too long down the road, but I missed the first 10 minutes of the second episode.

great start to the season, LeMans GTR you're right does have a different but good feel to it. Glad it was a 2 parter, didnt realise how much i'd missed fresh episodes over the summer.

Sick! I really liked her on Warehouse 13, if she really is the one and they're not trolling like the 46 other times it'll be awesome!
Probably doesn't really need the tags, just in case.

Sick! I really liked her on Warehouse 13, if she really is the one and they're not trolling like the 46 other times it'll be awesome!
Probably doesn't really need the tags, just in case.

yeaaaaaah not gonna happen :p can't stop trolling yet...
although i admit i would actually love that.

I really don't think she can be the one. The one is the girls feet he saw in Rachel Bilson's apartment. I am pretty sure he would've mentioned that the first time he saw her was there. Unless the writers completely forgot about that...

I didn't know what it was at first that was making the show feel so different, but I think I've figured it out. The show is slowing down. It's not necessarily a bad thing though. I think we're going to be in for a season that's a lot more serious than it has ever been. Last year, it was all about Barney and his Father. This year is the beginning of the end (even if Ted says it isn't) and the focus is shifting back to Ted. In a lot of ways, it feels a lot like Season one.

It's totally her.
My hypothesis:
Robyn moves for her job, Barney either goes with her or goes to England with what's-her-face and Marshall and Lilly move away with their kid.
Ted and Victoria get together.
One can dream...

One can dream...

certainly :)
still don't think it'll end that way, which is a shame... they're all way too close for that. and even though they mention the issue, just from all the "your aunt robin" moments when talking to the kids i gather there won't really be too much distance.

It's totally her.
My hypothesis:
Robyn moves for her job, Barney either goes with her or goes to England with what's-her-face and Marshall and Lilly move away with their kid.
Ted and Victoria get together.
One can dream...

I would really love that too, but then if that was true we would have already 'met' their mother. I mean, after all, the show is called How I Met Your Mother and not How I Met Your Mother, dated her for a little while and then got back together with her a while later.

True, and I forget how the previous episodes started with her in them, but I noticed this one didn't start with the intro to the kids. /tinfoil
Either way, story seems to be getting back to Ted, which is good in any case.

The first three episodes have been great, definitely feels like an improvement over last season. Let's hope they follow through :) It looks like they are starting to narrow in on "the final truth" somehow, but who knows with them :)