Steve Jobs has left his post as CEO

It's crazy, Gates stepped down completely, Jobs pretty much gone from day-to-day running of the company. No matter how you feel about either of them they were at the root of the personal computer revolution (and largely made it happen).

It's crazy, Gates stepped down completely, Jobs pretty much gone from day-to-day running of the company. No matter how you feel about either of them they were at the root of the personal computer revolution (and largely made it happen).

Imagine if Jobs threw in the towel all those years ago when Apple was doing crap in the PC business, like HP is doing now.

In addition to rumors that his post liver-transplant status isn't going as well as he or doctors have hoped, now there are rumors circulating HIV status, altho the ppl who keep circulating this photo, I have no idea what is the source

steve_jobs_aids.jpg

That was 4chan last year I think

Doesn't surprise me, I know the photo is nonsense. However if I was a betting man, i'd put it on post liver-transplant complications. With really vital organs like heart, lungs, liver, they're so hard to come by that precise tissue matching for those organs aren't as strict as they are for say, kidneys. They just get something thats 'yeah, close enough', do the transplantation and give the patient a sh**-ton of anti rejection meds to prevent the body from rejecting them. That's why the outcome is HIGHLY variable from ppl who live for many happy years post transplantation to those who experience organ deterioration really quickly or recurrence of the original disease that led to the transplant in the first place (in Job's case, pancreatic cancer).

Just my educated speculation

Just look all over google, lots of official press announcements now, throw a dart on the internet and pick a link.

Just look all over google, lots of official press announcements now, throw a dart on the internet and pick a link.

I still want Thomas93 to post the source, but thanks for the heads up.

Imagine if Jobs threw in the towel all those years ago when Apple was doing crap in the PC business, like HP is doing now.
I'm really glad he didn't.

Honestly I don't think it was possible for him to throw in the towel he seems to be the kind of person that would just not stop until he succeeded, I mean he went on to start NeXT after he got pushed out of Apple.

I must admit, I almost cried a little when I saw the news.

Yeah I'm a fanboy, but I don't care. I've been using Apple technologies since I'm little and now work and make a living out of their products and technologies.

As a chairman of the board he hasn't exactly left the company yet. He's just not doing any day-to-day stuff any more, which he's been doing since his medical leave this January...

As a chairman of the board he hasn't exactly left the company yet. He's just not doing any day-to-day stuff any more, which he's been doing since his medical leave this January...
I doubt he will have much involvement, it was likely a move to calm any possible panick from the shareholders. That said Tim Cook is definitely a good candidate and his been doing day to day stuff for years now. He might not be as creative as Jobs but then again I doubt that all good ideas come from him directly. Either way they still have Jon Ives and he is clearly no stranger to creativity.

If that's the case, and I think I read the same thing, then ppl in internetland are just being idiots for panicking if in fact, nothing has actually changed with Apple's day-to-day operations or the status quo since jan 2011.

cue apple-stocks losing value in 3...2...