Random Thoughts (Top gear Edition)

okay ... Im going to Australia and look for those

That looks like fun.

Saw a VW Beetle the other day, with the personalized license plate of "WUVBUG". Found myself wondering how the TG hosts would react if they saw it... :lol:

I was watching a fairly recent ep of Doctor Who tonight (The Girl Who Waited), with a friend. Now, my friend is not a fan of TG...she has seen a few eps (and chuckled a bit), but she tends to get that "You're talking about the show again" look whenever I mention TG, so I try not to overdo it. Anyway, there were aliens, all in white, with helmet-like heads and before I could say anything, she said "Look! It's the Stig!". I didn't even think she'd paid enough attention to know who the Stig was when she'd seen the eps, back in June. Someday, I might get her to watch more eps.... ;)

tumblr_lqi4p6GfKD1qf3byf.jpg

(I know they really don't look much like the Stig but the comparison still made me chuckle)

Some say he can make even the most casual viewer take notice...

Sorry, but I personally think that any woman who would agree to sleep with a man she knows to be married....and then to stay with him for 6 months has already shown she's not to be trusted but she's a worthless POS.

*same goes for a man who does the same with a married woman.

Just found a proper test drive of James from the days of 'Driven' (Wheeler Dealers' Mike Brewer is there as well!)
[video=youtube;-T5ZU1DFIVw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T5ZU1DFIVw[/video]

Jason did alot of old TG. I can not wait for the Xmas special - India how cool is that!

Funny ( :lol: ) seeing the Ice road truckers there in a discovery programme.

Maybe one of these days a full episode from when James was hosting driven will surface.

Re-watching from the first series onwards... and got to 05x03, Clarkson talking about the Aston Martin DBR9 and saying that he wanted it to wipe the smile off Ferrari's face... in GT racing.

<anorak>

Completely ignoring the fact that the GTS/GT1 Ferrari that was actually successful on the international scene (the 550 Maranello) was run between 2002 and 2004 by the same people who are Aston Martin Racing since 2005 (Prodrive).

</anorak>

Just found a proper test drive of James from the days of 'Driven' (Wheeler Dealers' Mike Brewer is there as well!)

If I have to watch that "American Beauty" parody trailer with Mike Brewer squirming around in red rose petals once more, I think I'm going to kill myself.

(UK Discovery Channel viewers only)

(Anyone else can just try to imagine it)

My iPod was on shuffle and this song came on:

I misheard the first two words, (which are actually 'strange maze') and thought it said, 'James May'. :blink:
Does anyone else hear this, or am I going insane?

Or should that be gone insane? :p

I met Danica Patrick at SEMA on Tuesday. Asked her if she had ever considered appearing on TGUK. Her response was: "I'd love to, but I haven't been invited yet."

Let's get it to it Clarkson and company!

I met Danica Patrick at SEMA on Tuesday. Asked her if she had ever considered appearing on TGUK. Her response was: "I'd love to, but I haven't been invited yet."

Let's get it to it Clarkson and company!

Great potential for some dodgy chauvinistic behaviour!! Should be fun.