Covid 19 CRISIS

That's roughly as it should be expected from Russia. And China.

@SirEdward anything on the restrictions in Italy? Are you seeing a slowdown on new cases?

^this, basically.

Some seemingly good news in my region: it seems the curve is getting flatter (the growth seems to be reducing, but it's still growing); the cases are also reported less severe and today, for the first time, my region saw a reduction in the number of ICU Coronavirus patients.

Is this good? Yes, on one side, as the number of new severe cases is probably lowering. Not fully, as many people get out of ICUs because they die.

Anyway. The numbers seem to show a mild improvement, but it's still too early to draw real conclusions.

Most of all, that's my region, the second most hit in Italy, not the entirety of the country, which is still growing. Lombardy, though, still does not seem to be getting in the right direction, which is unsettling. Lombardy has shut down all non-essential activities. Wuhan style.

It seems the Governemt is about to shut down most of business and industries in the whole of the country, but it's still not clear if it has been decided or not.

EDIT

Yes, the Government has shut down all non-srategic businesses and activities in the Country.

Last edited:
Pres. Emmanuel Macron called PM Boris Johnson on Friday & told him that unless UK adopted EU-style shutdown "France would have no other choice but to refuse entry for all travellers from UK", Elysée Palace aides have told @libe French were calling UK policy "benign neglect".

Last edited:
Last edited:
This is much scarier than previously thought
former head of CDC said:
It's not just older people with underlying conditions who become very ill and can die. Younger adults, previously healthy people and some children develop viral pneumonia. Although prior reports suggested that 80% of people got only mild disease, it now appears that about half of these people, despite not needing hospital admission, have moderately severe pneumonia, which can take weeks or longer to recover from.
Source -https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/health/coronavirus-response-must-adapt-frieden-analysis/index.html

Someone I know has been diagnosed with this, seems to be very mild but still in a city of 8 million to know someone who is for sure sick is pretty crazy

If we come in contact with a person should we reset our quarantine to zero days?

Last edited:
Your quarantine isn't working if you come in contact with people.

So what youre one of those let dairy die crazies? What am I supposed to do with my milkshakes.

Annotation 2020-03-22 202917.png

Social isolation keeps the curve flat-ish.