Old games

tloekke said:
I still play (and lovin' every minute of it) old adventure games like the Monkey Island series, Beneath a steel sky, Sam 'n' Max, Day of the tentacle, Full Throttle etc. from time to time :thumbsup:
Man, you got me all nostalgic now... I love those, they still crack me up every time someone just mentiones them. :lol:

monkey island 1 2 3 (maybe 3 was the windows one im not sure) i have 4 (the 3d one)
i played sam & max and day of the tentacle AGES ago.

Oh dear, there are so many awesome games from my childhood.

Two major ones that come to mind are Flashback and Ports Of Call!

I just tracked down a copy of The Incredible Machine and played it all day.

Now I see this thread, and it's just too perfect!

I also play Oni from time to time, and Mechwarrior 2 as well.

My faves back in the day were Enter The Eagle's Nest and Pirates! Master of Orion II was killer as well.

hmm... Let's see... I think I'm stuck in the nineties a bit since one of the main games I play nowadays is Grand Prix Legends, which was published in 1998. Still, epic fun.

Carmageddon was a classic. I spent countless hours with that one. Interstate '76 is another long time favourite. Fallout 1 & 2 are by far the best computer RPG:s I ever played. My roommate is actually replaying the 2 these days. I still return to Settlers 2 every now and then. Need For Speed was brilliant, and for some perverse reason I also quite liked NFS2 which most hate.

Even older? Well, there's always my old diskette collection which includes real classics I played with my IBM 386.
- Pinball Fantasies
- Street Rod 1 & 2
- F29 Retaliator
- Indianapolis 500
- Mad TV

Sadly I can't remember any older stuff that I used to play with my Commodore 64.

My friend and I are trying to beat all the Doom levels with the Legacy client. Its fun when you play co-op.

The oldest game I remeber playing was the original Unreal game, still got it right here infact.

Ok I know for some of you that isn't very old but it is for me. :p

Evo7 said:
The oldest game I remeber playing was the original Unreal game, still got it right here infact.

Unreal is among my favorite FPS's. There is a certain feel to the game that has never been recreated.

Evo7 said:

The oldest game I remember playing was Pong (the home console version). :p
<- :wheelchair:

Hazardous said:
Carmageddon was a classic. I spent countless hours with that one.
That one I forgot, I played also a lot with Carmageddon, was lagging real bad though because at that time I had still a 80mhz 486 with rocking 4mb ram! :D

Oh, GTA 1, the very first version, man was that awesome!!! Especially in multiplayer mode with a bunch of people. :lol:

ok, this is going too old for me, but still I remember playing the original lemmings and lemmings 2: the tribes (got my first virus from that). Also Zool 2 was amazing. Sadly none run well under xp.....

Hazardous said:
- Street Rod 1 & 2

- Indianapolis 500

Yep, Street Rod 2 and Indy 500 both rocked. I still play SR2 from time to time. Works on XP even without DosBox if you get it from an abandonware site.

^ Dunno if it's gonna work but try this:

Right click on exe file, properties, compatibility and there check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for:", and select say win95 or so.

This doesn't always work, but worth giving it a shot. :)

It isn't as simple as that unfortunately.

I don't recall exactly what steps I took to install it, but it involved a combination of running the install / game exe in compatibility mode, turning off audio and video hardware accelleration in DirectX, and even using VirtualPC during install to get past the buggy free disk space check.

This thread has some of the steps needed to get it running in it :
http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=121911

You can play the 3-D one online too... anyone wanna give it a go?