The "New Toys" Thread

Umm... not done. It's too tall...

It's 600 pixels tall maximum... you have a 600x175 picture plus that big text on top.

Whatever... you're breaking the rules, so don't tell me what to talk about. Thanks... ;)

Shawn_230 said:
Whatever... you're breaking the rules, so don't tell me what to talk about. Thanks... ;)
Its okay Shawn...where're mainly concerned about about H-scroll breaking sigs. Its not bad the way it is now.

Yes I did see it before with those banners with all the things he likes and that was certainly breaking the rules...

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Shawn_230 said:
Its okay Shawn...where're mainly concerned about about H-scroll breaking sigs. Its not bad the way it is now.

Yes I did see it before with those banners with all the things he likes and that was certainly breaking the rules...

so is my sig ok? r do you want me to resize?

Back on topic :)

8)
http://img452.imageshack.**/img452/9265/comp1wv.jpg

AMD 3700+, 1 gig ram, 300GB harddisk, dual layer dvd, 512 mb graphics, xp home (no I didn't buy that monitor but that was the only one I had, getting a new one next week as well as new keyboard and mouse)

^Nice specs :) I wish I had another stick of 512 ram in my comp!! So how many ghz thingys has it got?

Also, whats a duel layer DVD? Is that like that blue ray thing that people go on about?

mgkdk said:
Back on topic :)

8)
http://img452.imageshack.**/img452/9265/comp1wv.jpg

AMD 3700+, 1 gig ram, 300GB harddisk, dual layer dvd, 512 mb graphics, xp home (no I didn't buy that monitor but that was the only one I had, getting a new one next week as well as new keyboard and mouse)

nice choice!

what screen are you getting?

^Nice specs :) I wish I had another stick of 512 ram in my comp!! So how many ghz thingys has it got?

Also, whats a duel layer DVD? Is that like that blue ray thing that people go on about?

Single layer = 4.7Gb
Dual layer = 9.4Gb

Dual layer is what is used commercially and hence why movies have to be compressed to fit on a single layer disc (you might notice your DVD player will pause just for a split second at some point during a movie - that's the layer transition)

Carsightings said:

Don't know yet, have to look through some this weekend.

So how many ghz thingys has it got?

That's the thing, you can't compare it directly to a pentium (that's why I didn't like them) or atleast I don't know the proper way af doing so :|

Got my G5 yesterday and it's gonna take me a week to set it up right. :lol: So many combinations.

I have to pick a DPI & windows sensitivity settings combination that I like for standard windows. Then I have to pick 4 other DPI settings to toggle through for games (i.e. 1 for sniping, one for... whatever, etc.) Then I have to reset my ingame sensitivity to account for the new overall level 3 (middle) sensitivity. Oh, and let's not forget about the weights either...

As I said, it's gonna take me a week to fine tune it. :lmao:

fbc said:

Single layer = 4.7Gb
Dual layer = 9.4Gb

Dual layer is what is used commercially and hence why movies have to be compressed to fit on a single layer disc (you might notice your DVD player will pause just for a split second at some point during a movie - that's the layer transition)
Sweet...I just realised thats what my brother has.

mgkdk said:

That's the thing, you can't compare it directly to a pentium (that's why I didn't like them) or atleast I don't know the proper way af doing so :|
Ahhh I see...oh well

mgkdk said:

Ahhh I see...oh well

IIRC the AMD CPU's run at slower clock speeds (the ghz rating), but are more efficient so can do the equivalent amount of work as pentium running at a higher clock speed. This is why AMD would call a chip say a 3800 to say it's roughly the equivalent of a 3.8ghz pentium, even though it's running at a slower speed.

(Anybody feel free to correct me - I'm a couple of years out of the loop on this sort of thing)

mgkdk said:
Carsightings said:

Don't know yet, have to look through some this weekend.

The Samsung SyncMaster 913n is good and cheap.. Found some really cheap at edbpriser.dk

fbc said:
mgkdk said:

Ahhh I see...oh well

IIRC the AMD CPU's run at slower clock speeds (the ghz rating), but are more efficient so can do the equivalent amount of work as pentium running at a higher clock speed. This is why AMD would call a chip say a 3800 to say it's roughly the equivalent of a 3.8ghz pentium, even though it's running at a slower speed.

(Anybody feel free to correct me - I'm a couple of years out of the loop on this sort of thing)

That's what I've heard too, I saw a 3400+ that said (2,2) so this should be a little more than that.