Dodge Police Cruiser

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
their last effort to get any sold :lol:

I would not be so sure, I see enough of the Charger around here, even though I live in a fairly poor town. Then again I also see alot of Chrysler 300s with Bently styled grills and big wheels...

my god .. didnt they show of thoese a year ago?

i like the Toyota Avalon Cop car ... its one cool looking avalon ..
3060000000052784.JPG

That's one hell of a bull bar in the front :shock:

Like Dodge saw the need to put one on there, but rather than spend money developing a proper bull bar, they took a brush gard out of the Jeep parts bin and sawwed off the two bits that go over the lights...

sweet... I saw one decked out in the Ottawa Police colours last night... Its an ugly car but its got some serious presence :shock:

The local Calgary Police are already testing out the Chargers to use as highway interceptor vehicles, to replace the aging Corvette-powered Impalas.

Judging by the size of that bull bar, if you drove a police Charger into a Hummer H2, who would win?

If I saw one of those in my rear mirror pulling me over I would pee myself, literally. :blink:

BerserkerCatSplat said:
The local Calgary Police are already testing out the Chargers to use as highway interceptor vehicles, to replace the aging Corvette-powered Impalas.

Yeah, apparently a lot of municipal forces and even the RCMP are putting the car through testing, and its outperforming the Crown Vics and Inteceptors in every way. Its tempting to join the forces, especially if they get some SRT-8 versions for highways!

I'm waiting for the first report of a Charger cop car chasing down a Mustang in San Francisco. Oh how things have changed since Bullitt.

klutch said:
BerserkerCatSplat said:

Yeah, apparently a lot of municipal forces and even the RCMP are putting the car through testing, and its outperforming the Crown Vics and Inteceptors in every way. Its tempting to join the forces, especially if they get some SRT-8 versions for highways!

Well, I'm pretty sure the Crown Vic has it beat in rear legroom. :lol: No, the Panther platform was never intended to be a sports car, that's for sure. I don't think they'll get rid of the Vics for the traffic and beat cops, but I could see the RCMP and highway guys switching to the Charger.

Labcoatguy said:
I'm waiting for the first report of a Charger cop car chasing down a Mustang in San Francisco. Oh how things have changed since Bullitt.

Yeah, I don't suppose we'll be seeing flying hubcaps again any time soon...

But then again, San Fran has changed a bit too; more likely to see a police ed. Smart car chasing some I.T. yuppie on a Segway...

:D Ok, I nearly snorted Cheerios out my nose with that. It's true. There was an article I saw a while ago where they took the new Mustang and the new Charger and painted them up to look like the cars from Bullitt. They then did a road-test along the chase route around San Francisco - not at the same speeds of course.

I have seen a few of the Chargers on the road, and I admit they are good looking cars, the blunt front end is a nice change from the slick and slippery look of most cars today, it really makes it stand out. I still thing the new Challenger is better looking.

I want a Chargers that they used in the movie "The Island". Those were hot!

Re: Dodge Police Cruiser

Blind_Io said:
http://news.com.com/2300-11389_3-6060841-7.html?tag=ne.gall.pg

I guess with all the flaming Crown Victorias around, Dodge sees an opening in the market for police fleet vehicles. I never want to see one of these in my wing mirror.

I think the days of Crown Vics as squad cars are over now the Charger is here. It offers what a police car needs.

The fact that the Crown Vics tend to catch on fire has nothing to do with it, I'm sure. The UHP (Utah Highway Patrol) has been phasing out the Crown Vics for a few years in favor of the Impala. SLPD (Salt Lake PD) is finally upgrading the Luminas to the Impala, but they are a city police and need the smaller cars for city driving.

Keep in mind it takes a long time to phase out cop cars. There are someplaces that still use this style....

msp1974.jpg