Live concerts

Saw a sweet gig last night - Off The Wall - a Pink Floyd tribute band - absolutely stunning sound - loved it. I'll post a vid I recorded of Great Gig In The Sky if I remember.

i absolutely love going to live gigs, but it can get expensive . but its all worth it, most bands i have seen are australian such as:
gyroscope
after the fall (twice)
cog :thumbsup:
the butterfly effect( got tickets see em again)
karnivool(probably the best band i have ever seen)
shihad(the most hectic mosh pit ever)
end of fashion
faker
hilltop hoods
angelas dish
the herd
horsell common
in the grey
something with numbers
the cat empire

have not seen alot of international bands but have seen
foo fighters :thumbsup:
kaiser chiefs
have tickets to pearl jam
only really statred to go to gigs and concerts about 2 years ago as i could afford it :) but plan to see alot more cos there really isnt a better feeling than seeing a top band going off :thumbsup:

i haven't been to many shows but heres the list anyway

Dropkick Murphys (atleast 12 times since they are local)
2 skinnee J's
Korn*
Ice Cube*
Rammstein*
Limp Bizkit*
Blink 182+
Sevendust+
Less than Jake+
eminem+
Black Eyed Peas+
Tiesto
Reel Big Fish
The Pietasters

*first Family Values Tour
+Warped Tour

thats about it i plan on catching some more shows this summer but money is tight

TF

The_Finn said:

2 skinnee J's
Korn*
Ice Cube*
Rammstein*
Limp Bizkit*
Blink 182+
Sevendust+
Less than Jake+
eminem+
Black Eyed Peas+
Tiesto
Reel Big Fish
The Pietasters

*first Family Values Tour
+Warped Tour

thats about it i plan on catching some more shows this summer but money is tight

TF
All i can say is oh dear.
Unfotunately most of the bands I like have dead members so can't really go and see them and tribute bands just don't cut the mustard.

other than Limp bizkit i am not ashamed of any of those acts... remeber this was way back in like 99 before korn began to really really suck

TF

The_Finn said:

How are those concerts, I've heard they're wild... Give me some descriptions!
(On a side note, I'm guessing they're pretty good since you bothered to see them at least 12 times)

Less than Jake. That's it, really; Ludacris came to campus once, but that was before 2Fast 2Furious made him cool :whistle: . I will, however, be dropping EVERYTHING I do to see The Who when they come to the US this fall.

tloekke said:
The_Finn said:

How are those concerts, I've heard they're wild... Give me some descriptions!
(On a side note, I'm guessing they're pretty good since you bothered to see them at least 12 times)

i don't know how they are out on the road but here in Massachusetts which is their home area they just put on an amazing show HUGE ammounts of energy very engaging with the crowd they call up audience members to sing lots of their old stuff and there is plenty of moshing i would say it's almost impossible to have a bad time unless your not a fan of the brand of music they play.

TF
going to see them again on july 14th

I saw CKY last Thursday and it was f-ing awesome. We told them the songs to play. It was just amazing.

wiiiiihiiiiiii

just got back from rock werchter (well, actually did alread yesterday), and i must say i had the time of my life! one of the best festivals ever.

it started thursday, and the first band we went to see was Deftones, which were alright, i'm not a big fan of them, and i'm still am not, but i'm not saying their show was bad

right after that came tool, which was great, nice music, nice show (the guitarist is a very good video editor, and he made special projections to be shown on the big screens during the show, creepy, but nice

waiting for the next big show, we went tot he marquee, were damian "jr gong" marley was playing. his songs and his dad's songs, which was an AWESOME performance. reggea is so good to send a vibe through the crowd

after a little break came the red hot chilli peppers. i was a little affraid, caus people who already have seen them warned me that Anthony Kiedis dares singing out of tone. but he didn't, he keps his voice under control and brought a good show, with new and old songs, no "under the bridge" though, which is maybe a good thing

black eyed peas were still to play after the red hot chilli peppers, but we couldn't be botherd :roll:

day 2 started with skin and a brand (local group) playing at the same time, so we first went to a brand, and halfway through, switched over the skin. but skin didn't appeal very much to us, and we returned to the ass-kicking a brand after only 2 skin songs

after this we had the choice between the editors and the kooks, but we didn't watch any of them, a pitty, caus reading the reviews, the kooks must have rocked!

after this it was the summum of the day: KANYE WEST :lmao:, man did we laugh our ass off with that looser, that such small feet can carry such a big ego. he brought DJ A-track along, which was awesome, scratch interludes between each song

now the biggest ego has left the podium, let's enter the biggest looser: sean paul :lol:
best way to describe this show is like they did in the newspaper: "shampoo is a sissy" :lol:

after these came live and anouk, but we were hungy and returned to the tent to eat soemthing

next show we saw was muse. which was nice, i've seen them 2 years ago as well, and i think they were better back then. and i prefered the older muse songs. they always had some type of orchestra to make their muysic. on the last cd that changed, it's more pure rock, which isn't bad, but i liked those strikers

and finishing act was the who. who were cool as well, a bit rusty, with a voice which rattles a bit (was drinking hot tea all the time during the show), but a cool show.
and also funny how at the end of behind blue eyes he whipsers with a played irritated voice "no that's not a limp bizkit song, that's a the who song" :p
what was unacceptable if you ask me, is that at the same time as the who, radio soulwax was playing as well with 2 many djs, vitalic and tiga. there were like twice as many people here then there were watching the who :x

third day started with some local bands no one will have heard off, so the first performance worth mentioning were the kaizar chiefs, who rule life!

they were followed by the raconteurs, and they sucked! way to long guitar solos, and tune in the songs, bad singing, ... meh, i didn't like it

the show after on the other hand, was one of the best of the whole weekend, franz ferdidnand, great songs, funny lines in between and a complete dedication on stage, respect!

following FF came placebo, which wasn't bad, but the previous time i saw them, they were better

final act that day came dEUS. a local band which grew to unreachable hights. it was without a doubt the best performance of the whole weekend. who knows this band? i knew they just did a tour in the states, anyone went to see them?

so already at final day, first thing we saw (from a distance) was danko jones, who sucks so bad, he's realy funny. if you can ever catch a show by him for free, don't hesitate! wouldn't pay for it though

but then..... but then.... the most important person of the whole weekend...
i went to see ROBERT PLANT :woot:
i enjoyed every single second of that show. it's so awesome to hear the well known led zeppelin voice life, in front of you. i think it's remarkable how much his voice stayed the same. he can't reach the high notes anymore and can't keep em on for so long, but all in all, you still hear led zeppelin (and thanks to the hair, you still see them as well :D). and you should've seen the crowed when he started playing whole lotta love and some other led zep classics

but it's a pity i think. robert plant has been the lead singer of one of the most succesfull band ever, and he's scheduled somewhere halfway the afternoon, half of the crowd doesn't know any song by him, etc. what would it be different if mick jagger came solo, or paul McCartney. it would be people overload, not with robert plant, he's kinda forgotten, a pitty :(

after robert plant came hooverphonic, another local band which had some hits in the rest of europe, not to bad, not to special

final act of this year: depeche mode. i didn't realy know the band, and wasn't expecting much (positive), but they rocked, regulary they started a song i taught "oh, that's theirs as well". so they're more well known i expected, and they put up a good show, with cool video projections as well.

so to summerize: IT RULED! and next year i'll be there again (if the line up is alright, if not i'll be going to pukkelpop instead)

PS: Led Zeppelin for life :bow:

bone said:
right after that came tool, which was great, nice music, nice show (the guitarist is a very good video editor, and he made special projections to be shown on the big screens during the show, creepy, but nice

I saw Tool yesterday at the Quart-festival in Kristiansand, probably with the same lineup as Werchter since it's the same tour, and OMG did it rock! I was enjoying every second and I'm ranking it as one of my top three best concert experiences. Maynard (the singer) was teh king on stage. They were so good I have forgiven Tool for canceling their gig in Norway some years ago.

I also saw Wolfmother, (great show, but a bit short), We are scientists (also good), Arctic Monkeys (Ok I guess, I didn't stick around, needed to gain some strength before Tool) and Placebo (I didn't actually see them, but I heard them from were I sat and I guess it was ok).

one year old bump? :D

i just got back from werchter again! it was awesome. unlike other years it wasn't blistering hot, but we even had a little rain. so everything was more relaxed. it's like it goes with the weather, the milder the weather, the milder the atmosphere.

i was surprised at how many australians were there :shock:
normally we complain about all the dutch buying our tickets, but i think it's more the australians to blame :lol:
our neighbours at the campsite were ausies as well, very cool guys. and i must say i love their girls :p. most were nice looking, but even those who weren't the hottest, still had a very nice skin, nice legs and a charming look in their eyes. i like :D

the line up:
gold
Muse - absolutely brilliant. it's the 3rd time i've seen them, and each time they blow me away
Arno - arno(latest hit is the king :D. europeans might know him from his former band TC matic (oh la la la). he's been going for 40 years, and still everyone from 7 till 77 yo is jumping along
Metallica - already the 3rd time i see them as well, and when they started the sun hadn't set, and since the australian pink floyd show was playing as well. we only saw the last hour, when it was already dark, and it was great. james was clearly enjoying himself, giving the best he has, there was fire(works) shooting everywhere, it was how a metallica show should be :)
The australian pink floyd show- for me they couldn't go bad to start with. i'd read reviews stating they've perfected themselves in replicating the exact sound pink floyd had, and they even were invited to play on one of the pink floyd members birthday. so they can't suck. and they ruled! and if that is how pink floyd sounded live, they ruled as well! :D
LCD soundsystem - couldn't stand still, just kept on moving, sounded awesome. but my friends wanted to go see the chemical brothers, so i only saw half of their show :(
admiral freebee - local guy. a little bit soft on the singles, but rocks live
cold war kids - downloaded some mp3s of them, and only liked parts of what they made, the voice sounds so strange. but not live, it just works. watched the complete show without wondering once when it would be over.

silver
marilyn manson - had to play when sun hadn't set. so can't expect a great show
air - was laying in the grass, enjoying a joint, and it was perfect music for the mood, loved it
beasty boys - show overlapped with bjork, so arrived late, and tent was filled to the top. had to stand outside and watch the screen, if we'd been able to enter, it might've been gold
the van jets - local band, surprised me. love the voice, love the guitars, love the band
kings of leon - surprised me big time. i wanted to see them caus i like their single, but they brought good song for a full hour.
bloc party - at first i thought "what the hell", but as songs passed, i came in the mood and started enjoying it

bronze
bjork - i guess it sounded good, and with all the different clothes she sure put up a show, but i realy don't understand the hassle about bjork
faithless - guess it sounds good, but his well known songs are commercial junk, and the other are more salsa. i found it cheapsnow patrol
zornik - local band, seen a few times, never dissapointed, never impressed
chemical brothers - what the hell are they doing on the main of a rock festival? i fell asleep
kaiser chiefs - couldn't get the crowd going, couldn't keep the mic in front of his mouth, dissapointed me
queens of the stone age - 3rd time, never conviced me
arctic monkeys - i watched the show, and don't remember anything, but apparently they were quite ok
pearl jam - never liked them, never will either
razorlight - went to see it laughing at them, returned quite impressed

failed
billy tallent - don't bother
lilly allen - i guess 6yo girls like er
amy winehouse - to drunk
the good the bad and the queen - i fell asleep
frank black - all the respect for the pixies, but he sounded and looked like a squeeling pig

not seen
my chemical romance - i'd rather die
milow - was at billy tallent :rolleyes:
air traffic - was at zornik
rufus wainwright - was at marilyn manson
dr. lektroluv - was at muse
enter shikari - went to get drunk
jason mraz - was at the van jets
oi va oi - went to get drunk
joan as policewoman - was at kings of leon
sioen - was at kaiser chiefs
satellite party - was at arctic monkeys
gabriel rios - was at pearl jam
heideroosjes - to early
the killers - went to get drunk
peter gabriel - was at arno
keane - i'd rather die
the bravery - to early/don't like boys with mascara
the hold steady - was at razorlight
blonde redhead - was at amy winehouse
klaxons - was at snow patrol
goose - went to get drunk
!!! - to early
mastodon - was at cold war kids
the kooks - went to get drunk
interpol - went to get drunk
incubus - went to get drunk
maximo park - went to get drunk
john legend - went to get drunk
damien rice - went to get drunk
tori amos - was at faitless
stijn - to early

Last edited:
billy talent - don't bother

What? I saw them at Hove on saturday, and they kicked ass.

Also, saw Incubus, Slayer, The Killers, My Chemical Romance, Lamb of God, Chimaira, Amy Winehouse, Queens of the Stone Age, Arcade Fire, Me first and the Gimmie gimmies and others left unmentioned

that guy wasn't singing, he was squeeling

during the whole show, i didn't understand a single word

I saw The Stooges a week ago. Been waiting for that a long time! They lived up to my expectaions and then some! Best concert I've been to so far.

Meh...live concerts. I think I've been to one. I like them, but their just too loud (I'm 20, in case anyone's wondering :rolleyes: )

I still want to have functioning eardrums in ten years.

I am going seeing Rush on the 14th of October, I can't wait.
I am also going seeing Ross Noble on the 7th of October for any Brits/Australians who may know him.

Meh...live concerts. I think I've been to one. I like them, but their just too loud (I'm 20, in case anyone's wondering :rolleyes: )

I still want to have functioning eardrums in ten years.

I have about 90 concert tickets pinned on my noteboardthingy... And i've been to about 3 major metalfestivals/year during the past 10 years.. That's a shedload of bands... :p