Top Gear Production team needs help in Miami

I have a '69 camaro and am in ft. lauderdale (hour from miami). Unfortunatly I know nothing about them except it is my favorite type of car and I had to have one. Only thing I do know is I had to remove the crappy automatic the last guy stuck in and put a proper 4-speed back in. wounder what year they are looking for?

About if anyone sees any filming down here, I haven't and I drive to miami every day for class. I asked a few of my friends at tbn if they knew anything about a shoot down here, but TG must keep it on the low or haven't set anything yet.

BTW, thanks Vuk and Viper for posting the episodes, I was very unhappy when discovery stopped showing them (then I found FinalGear :D )

One of my fathers friends who used to rebuild classic australian monaro's here (I'm not a hugemuscle car fan but Rob's hq's were amazing works of art) now owns and operates a chev garage in jacksonville, I dont know if you need someone actually in miami or just someone willing to go to miami with a set of ratchets and or a couple of classic z/28's.... if the latter is true then I think he should be able to help you out....

I will try and get onto Rob and let him know the greatest show on earth could use his help...

I will get his details of my father when i see him early next week some time and hopefully I can get him to get onto you before the week is out.

The TG team have now left the USA, and are back in the UK.
Jezza did manage to find himself a Camaro, and it should be on Top Gear in one of the August shows.
The original post was genuine!!

Jezzabelle said:
Jezza did manage to find himself a Camaro, and it should be on Top Gear in one of the August shows.

I continue to wonder why you always seem to know exactly what's going on with regards to the Top Gear team... :shifty:

BerserkerCatSplat said:
Jezzabelle said:

I continue to wonder why you always seem to know exactly what's going on with regards to the Top Gear team... :shifty:

Hmm you're not the only one :think:

re: air full-length original top gear episodes in the us.

it won't succeed. it has nothing to do with the news and guests being mostly eu related. nope. i'll tell you why the show in it's original broadcast format will fail miserably in the united states. here it is:

the constant bashing of everything that is american, not just cars, would infuriate. nevermind the criticisms are typically tounge-in-cheek, and pretty much always hypocritical. the american ego wouldn't stand for insolence.

btw, top gear staff. if you ever do indeed make it to raleigh, north carolina, make sure to visit these guys: http://www.road-scholars.net . there's also a fantastic exotic auto dealership about 35 minutes west in greensboro, north carolina. http://www.foreigncarsitalia.com sold the very first enzo (in "fly yellow") in the united states. bob rapp, the buyer, even loaned it to car and driver magazine for the first road test of an enzo, which violated ferrari's declaration. here's an article on that test: http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtests/6734/ferrari-enzo.html

Also, Rapp, 77, and his son, Robert, actually drive the car. Hard. Within a month of delivery Rapp?s Enzo showed 1200 miles on the odo, about half of which were accumulated on tracks. Rapp likes to believe his is the first customer-delivered Enzo in the world to burn through a set of $6000 carbon-ceramic brake pads and a $24,000 set of similarly constructed brake rotors. You just gotta love this guy.

raleigh and "the triangle" (raleigh, durham, chapel hill) has a pretty fantastic make-up of car enthusiasts. there's ALOT of money in the area, and most of the people are young, recent university grads working in technical and research fields. i see atleast one exotic a day. it's not all italian and german glamour though. there's plenty of classic americana tearin' up the pavement (we are in north carolina, afterall); and the requisite japanese 4-bangers farting about. most of the ricers may be sought out in fayetteville (hour south) or greenville (hour east).
http://www.visitraleigh.com/media/accolades.html

the constant bashing of everything that is american, not just cars, would infuriate. nevermind the criticisms are typically tounge-in-cheek, and pretty much always hypocritical. the american ego wouldn't stand for insolence.

lol, thats one of the reasons why we Americans watch the show.

BerserkerCatSplat said:
Jezzabelle said:
Pensively looks at people looking pensive :)

I'm just a fan. :thumbsup:

Aye, but we're fans, as well - but we're not bugging JC's hotel room, like you seem to be doing on a regular basis. :lol:

More like his underpants....how else would he know he was back. He would know that he left, but not that he was back :evil:

I still maintain that you're/she's Mrs. Francie Clarkson. You haven't denied it yet, after all :p

superchevy said:
re: air full-length original top gear episodes in the us.

it won't succeed. it has nothing to do with the news and guests being mostly eu related. nope. i'll tell you why the show in it's original broadcast format will fail miserably in the united states. here it is:

That's exactly why we need it.

Believe me, a few series ago when Richard reviewed the outgoing C5 Corvette, I was at a track day with a few Corvette owners and they were livid, ready to start a fight over it.

But you know what, there's no law saying you can't be offended by something. We've forgotten that. Everybody runs around trying not to offend anybody, not wanting to take any heat whatsoever for having an opinion. Lest there be a boycott, heavens forbid. As for the correctly-pointed-out criticism of American cars, the folks in Detroit better wake up and listen. Does Top Gear not say out loud what the floods of Americans buying European and Asian product say to themselves? Besides, I dare say I think we still have a sense of humor as a nation, after all we aren't the Germans... yet.

Labcoatguy said:
I still maintain that you're/she's Mrs. Francie Clarkson. You haven't denied it yet, after all :p

that's the beauty of the interweb.........you just don't know......... :? :lol: