Richard Hammond PR Stunt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eon

We all know a new series of Top gear is looming on the horizon. I hope we also realise that Top Gear is sold World-Wide by the BBC - so it's a huge income maker for the BBC and the British Government. (millions of pounds)

So, I started to socratically and logically question this.

Let's get stuck in with some facts:

I find it strange that the BBC aren't showing the footage of the Richard Hammond accident. Presumably this was being filmed. BBC and other news outlets always show footage i.e. 7/7 bombing, 9/11, Concorde etc - so why not this?

Is this a publicity stunt? It just doesn't tally up. Compassion doesn't usually prevent the media and BBC from transmitting such footage. The media never usually care about this when displaying other such bombings and accidents if caught on camera.

So why should this be different? It leads me into suspicion that this is a publicity stunt or even worse the Top Gear production company team and the BBC is saving this one up for the show which makes it morally even worse!!! We all know this show is a massive income maker as it is sold world wide. We're talking mega bucks here.

Should we lobby a independent investigation into the morals of this?

does the fact that hes got a significant brain injury show this isnt fake????

I find it strange that the BBC aren't showing the footage of the Richard Hammond accident.

It's called a certain Mr Andy Wilman who will have final say ofver the footage and he won't let it out because he's good mates with the whole team.

And the fact that the fucking police are calling the shots and that there's a huge press contingent. Is that a big enough hint that it isn't a hoax?

I feel stupid even rising to the bait here. But I would like to say your theory is easily one of the most stupid I have ever heard.

Anyone walking into the production office this morning would realise this is no joke, or stunt.

And, were anyone dumb enough to try such a stunt the British public and the BBC would NEVER stand for it.

bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:
I feel stupid even rising to the bait here. But I would like to say your theory is easily one of the most stupid I have ever heard.

Anyone walking into the production office this morning would realise this is no joke, or stunt.

And, were anyone dumb enough to try such a stunt the British public and the BBC would NEVER stand for it.

Good. I hope this footage is burnt out of moral dignity and NOT used for the new series of Top Gear.

I wouldn't imagine it would be shown. But when Richard is better and the show starts again, they may show it, as long as all concerned are happy.

That decision, I would suggest, is entirely Richards to make however.

bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:
I wouldn't imagine it would be shown. But when Richard is better and the show starts again, they may show it, as long as all concerned are happy.

That decision, I would suggest, is entirely Richards to make however.

Yes, let's hope he gets better and takes time out of the media spot light so he can fully recover.

to the guy who started this thread:

Do u have no respect whatsoever?! I can not believe you could say such a thing when the crash could have easily killed him! And besides are you really sick enought o want to watch a film clip or such an event? Your a bloody idiot thats all I can say!

can we please lock this thread?

alistair_1990 said:
to the guy who started this thread:

Do u have no respect whatsoever?! I can not believe you could say such a thing when the crash could have easily killed him! And besides are you really sick enought o want to watch a film clip or such an event? Your a bloody idiot thats all I can say!

can we please lock this thread?

No. I would not like to watch such a thing. This is what got me thinking in the first place. I am always disturbed by why the news and media show such footage. Example: 9/11, Concorde crash, dead bodies due to war, dead bodies due to floods. Need I go on? I would ban such footage immediately, as I hope you would do too.

So, I hope this footage is never EVER shown!!! I would also place a ban on disgusting Hollywood films which depict death and gore - which I hope you would also agree on.

Peace on earth and equality for all creatures great and small.

AstonMartin said:
Eon, you make me feel sick

I'm sorry you don't understand my messages. I suggest you take time to read them more carefully. I just hope that this footage is not EVER shown. Not on TV and not on any DVD extra. If it is, I shall be questioning the moral dignity of the BBC and associated production companies and directors - even if Mr Hammond says he would like this footage to be shown - it must not.

bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:

HERE HERE!!! Thank you so very much for posting!

Now someone ban the guy who started this thread. Have you no morals, dude? You're exactly like that bunch of low lifes that made the Loose Change documentary accusing the American government of killing American citizens.

You are crazy EON.

If you want proof that it happend, I suppose this is the only bit.. But why would someone lie about that.

_42113866_car_203_pa.jpg

CapnNismo said:
bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:

HERE HERE!!! Thank you so very much for posting!

Now someone ban the guy who started this thread. Have you no morals, dude? You're exactly like that bunch of low lifes that made the Loose Change documentary accusing the American government of killing American citizens.

I do hope you aren't the type of person who gets off on watching such footage of terror and death. And I hope you realise that there are some instances of companies making profit from such dispicable events. Can I also be assured you are a careful driver yourself - one who cares for citizens crossing the roads or cyclists. Let's face it the motor car is responsible for more deaths (including pullutants) than any disease known to mankind.

Hafez said:
You are crazy EON.

If you want proof that it happend, I suppose this is the only bit.. But why would someone lie about that.

_42113866_car_203_pa.jpg

Yes... it's a photo. And your point is? Can I just add, that i do not want to ever see such footage of death and accidents. So I am just ensuring taht this is never ever shown. Even the humble pictures do damage to young children - causing them worry and stress at such young and fragile stages of their lives.

So its like your saying, theres no proof Steve Irwin died besides people saying he died? There was a video of his death, why not show that? It could be a big "oh hes died and OMG hes back!" stunt.

(Note i'm trying to make an analogy....don't actually think steve is alive and the thing was staged)

:x this makes me angry. how can you be sick, or thick enough to even pass that thought through your brain, let alone spend the time to post it. then acting like you've done nothing wrong. you've only got a few posts, so i'm guessing you like going onto boards and upsetting people? :angrylock:

Zo said:
does the fact that hes got a significant brain injury show this isnt fake????

That post alone should be enough to end discussion here.

Status
Not open for further replies.