Spied: 2008 Nissan GT-R

It will sell no doubt. I see kids at my school driving 80k+ luxury cars all the time, this will sell.

Looks quite good, can't wait to see the real thing.

We pronounce it the way the Japanese pronounce it. ;)

not a big fan of Jap cars..but this I like... :mrgreen:

zenkidori said:
Nee-San is how it's pronounced in Japanese and American english

So where does 'nee-son' come into this ;)

BlaRo said:
How many Japanese sports cars have had V8s? There hasn't been one yet:

Toyota Soarer with a 1UZ-FE 4 Litre V8. Millions of them around here. Wonderful engine, but to me its a very bland looking car. Still its a Toyota which will mean it will never break! :lol:

Quite a few Japanese "sports" cars are limited to 180, S13 Silvia for example.
Also Kei cars are limited to I think 130.....well the lil' Suzuki Capuchino is.

I think it looks quite nice, however I'm a 'lil bummed out that they have departed from idea of haveing a 4 door too. Sorta destroys the Skylines "working class hero" image.

And you have a lot of turbo V6 powered cars from Nissan over the years, stuff like the Gloria and Leopard. Most of them very mundane, but quite nice anyway with lots of cool gadgets :) They normally run very small turbochargers and ditch intercooling to keep the response up.....

static said:
zenkidori said:
kaBOOMn said:
I'm a 'lil bummed out that they have departed from idea of haveing a 4 door too. Sorta destroys the Skylines "working class hero" image.
There has been a 4 door skyline out for quite some time now.

You're so far from his point.
Skyline was 4 door, now it isn't. See?
There's still a 4-door Skyline. The car in the spyshots is a GT-R.

OMG, they didn't pronounce it right. Fucking barbarians. :roll:
(The irony is, they DID pronounce it right...)

And kaBOOMn is right with the Soarer/SC400, though that's not really a sports car in my book, more of a GT.

3Colin said:
"日産", "Ni-san".
Likewise, "スバル", "Su-ba-lu". Oddly enough it's name is written only in katakana.

ル is "ru", no? I didn't think there was a character for "lu." But you're right, it's odd it's written in Katakana.

and this thread is now about pronouncing japanese words, nobody appreciates GOO-dzeel-AA!?? :(