• Hmm, I dunno / I'm clueless!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Been having tons of issues. See: http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=14426

The general mod consensus has been switch to vB. At this point, I'm starting to agree. However, this is your guys' forum too, so I thought I'd let you all weigh in.

UPDATE: I bought vB and we'll be moving soon. :)

just whatever you do, please don't switch to the one dieselstation uses (Invision), but what is Bbulletin, anyone have a forum example (like proper forum people are posting in, not the crap example ones from their site)?

I like vB, it's nice. If/when we switch, could you possibly make a PocketPC/PDA-friendly version? Thsi board is murder to try to load on my PocketPC, and it's top of the line.

BerserkerCatSplat said:
I like vB, it's nice. If/when we switch, could you possibly make a PocketPC/PDA-friendly version? Thsi board is murder to try to load on my PocketPC, and it's top of the line.
Shoddy notebook cam with an Axim X3i:
nb-xmvb.jpg

Thats default browsing settings, default theme on a test-site.

Quiky said:
(We have a private, test install of vB running)

I guess vB would be OK, but I really think the issues with phppBB2 could be worked out. I mean, I'm guessing that alot of people are running it on MySQL 4.1+.....My experience with phpBB2 is that it's very solid.

jeffy777 said:
I guess vB would be OK, but I really think the issues with phppBB2 could be worked out. I mean, I'm guessing that alot of people are running it on MySQL 4.1+.....My experience with phpBB2 is that it's very solid.
We used 4.1.15 on the old box: http://www.techzonline.net/phpinfo.php

Viper007Bond said:
jeffy777 said:
We used 4.1.15 on the old box: http://www.techzonline.net/phpinfo.php

Then the issue seems to be with the MySQL cofig on the new box, and not with phpBB2 itself.

Quiky said:
BerserkerCatSplat said:
Shoddy notebook cam with an Axim X3i:
nb-xmvb.jpg

Looks pretty good! The current board tries to load full-stop on my HX4700, which takes forever. As an example of a very PDA-friendly board, check out forums.beyond.ca . That site strips down to a mostly text-only board when accessed by PDA. It uses vBulletin.

Yep, vB is a nice package for sure. If you want donations, just let us know - if we can raise over a grand for a helmet, we can sure do a couple hundred for a new board. :D

Google Ads can cover it.

BerserkerCatSplat said:
Yep, vB is a nice package for sure. If you want donations, just let us know - if we can raise over a grand for a helmet, we can sure do a couple hundred for a new board. :D

word :D

Quiky has fixed most of the issues with the forum (I think).

So I guess it really comes down to the poll now as the first question is an options -- should we hold off for now and see if any remaining issues go away when we get the new box? Or should we move to vB or Invision regardless?

Definately voting for vB!! Is great on every forum I use. I much prefer the interface, and the skinning possibilities are great.

www.ocau.com (click on forums in sidebar-need to register) is a good example of a huge forum using it.

Viper im confused!

Are you talking about the site template, as in the background and how the site looks like? if so, i dont want it to be changed. Well not for a few months or watever. Im VERY used to this layout.

However, if ur talking about that FTTP or watever crap u usually post:

"If you?re reading this on the site, then you?re looking at the site on the new (temporary) box. This box is currently only hosting the main site, but in a couple weeks, we?ll have an even more powerful box that will host both the site and the forums."

I dont really care cause I dont know what the hell that stuff means, and it doesnt really affect me surfing this website.

But watever happens keep this FORMAT!

-Mojo-

If u have some time on ur hands can u please explain to me whats going on?
Thanks

I guess I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the phpBB team since they've put so much work into something they give away for free, but that's just the php coder in me talking 8)

mojo_786 said:
Viper im confused!

Are you talking about the site template, as in the background and how the site looks like? if so, i dont want it to be changed. Well not for a few months or watever. Im VERY used to this layout.

However, if ur talking about that FTTP or watever crap u usually post:

"If you?re reading this on the site, then you?re looking at the site on the new (temporary) box. This box is currently only hosting the main site, but in a couple weeks, we?ll have an even more powerful box that will host both the site and the forums."

I dont really care cause I dont know what the hell that stuff means, and it doesnt really affect me surfing this website.

But watever happens keep this FORMAT!

-Mojo-

If u have some time on ur hands can u please explain to me whats going on?
Thanks

We're talking about the system that powers the forum that you're posting on and reading right now. It's called phpBB and it's powered by php/MySQL.