2007 Bristol Fighter T

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
8.0L twin-turbo V10 Bristol with 1012BHP revealed
http://img180.imageshack.**/img180/9608/1ai8.jpg

SORRY NO MORE PICS :sad: Post them if you find any!

BRIEF SPECIFICATION OF BRISTOL FIGHTER T

ENGINE

All aluminium 8 litre V10. 9.3:1 compression ratio. Two ball bearing water cooled turbochargers with intercooling, uprated engine internals. High flow cylinder heads with high lift camshaft. High capacity cooling system and catalysts. Free flow exhaust with side of car exits. Output 127 bhp per litre. 1012 bhp at 5600 rpm. 1036 lb.ft of torque at 4500 rpm.

TRANSMISSION

6 speed manual gearbox with increased torque capacity. Revised gear ratios to suit torque characteristics. 60 mph in first gear. 49.8 mph at 1000 rpm in 6th gear.

CHASSIS

Structure 30% stiffer in torsion. Firmer springs. 10 mm lower ride height. 25% stiffer front anti-roll bar. Firmer sports dampers. Revised wishbone geometry front and rear. 40% increased castor. Ball jointed rear torque bushings. 285 x 19 inch front tyres. 335 x 19 inch rear tyres. 5 spoke 19 inch aluminium alloy lightweight wheels.

EXTERIOR

Radiused intake grille. Side exit exhaust pipes. Polished stainless steel outlets. Rear wake diffuser.

INTERIOR

Engine turned aluminium instrument and centre console. Faces with coloured varnish to match leather. Turned aluminium switch gear. Turbo boost gauge. Lightweight ?racing style? seats. Lightweight steering wheel.

Press release doesn't say how much it weighs....that'll be interesting. But what a crazy fucking car!!

This is the sort of thing you'd get wheelspin in 4th gear in :burnrubber:

It's just a tuned Viper engine. ;)

That crossed my mind but then I dismissed it because I remembered the Viper is a 8.3L. So it's the engine from the old Viper I guess - the 8.0L one.
Or it could have a shorter stroke for higher revs to help the turbos.

Roofline's too high, but I am being picky...

And hell, you can't argue with 1012bhp (though how useable it is is another matter)

It's just a tuned Viper engine. ;)

Don't tell the Brits that.

So the Americans have done what they are good at, now lets see if we can do what we're good at and make it go round a corner properly.:D
If it does then it'll be a perfect example of when Anglo-American relationships work.

Amen to that!

Does it remind anyone else of a beefed up TVR? (more in terms of styling than power).

Let's just hope they bolt it together right!:blowup:

how come nobody yet said anything about the way the back is styled...:barf:

That's an ugly arse.... but damn, it's powerful!

the arse reminds me of marcoses of the past.....

And there's been reports of more very successful american power + british engineering so i'm hoping this won't be any different....

60mph in 1st gear sounds fun, but it will probably feel like a Koenigsegg - It will be messy to drive and not alot of fun (Never driven any Koenig, just going from what i read)

So the Americans have done what they are good at, now lets see if we can do what we're good at and make it go round a corner properly.:D
If it does then it'll be a perfect example of when Anglo-American relationships work.

I know you are joking but these days it seems that most American cars handle ok.

ok Bristol, now make it. seriously, when how many cars has Bristol made in the last 5 years?

The back looks like the Aston DB AR1 to me... but somehow they've made it ugly.

The design is quite weird, I do like, it the elements of the design are weird, yet fresh, and this is one really long run on sentence.

I read somewhere that due to it's shape, it has a really low drag coefficient.

ok Bristol, now make it. seriously, when how many cars has Bristol made in the last 5 years?

eh? they make cars? thought they made planes

(and google images doesn't show a car either when searching for bristol)