[10x10] November 27th, 2006

that was fucking painful.

I don't understand why Plato keeps doing this used car thing... every damn time he has done this he has not only not made a profit, he's lost money.

I loved the ML63 and the GT3 segments, and Tom wasn't bad although his review was useless. Obviously the ragtop Miata has been tested to make sure it won't leak and such. That Mercedes World looked awesome... the UK really is the best country in the world for car lovers I guess.

This all goes to show you why Fifth Gear has sucked so bad this series. It's because of these new idiots they brought in. Get rid of Lovefuck and please send that crazy-haired freak into exile. He looked so gay doing his victory dance at the end of his 'record'.

That ep was no where near as bad as the previous two... more zing less bling :)

As long as FG reviews a "Sports Car" in every ep i'll be happy, Sacking Lovejoy would help as well :idiot:

the rag top does leak when high pressure water is aimed at the side windows. but most framless windowed cars will do that. My moms MX-5 does and my Subaru does, so does my sisters, and my dads old cars.

I honestly see no way they'd keep Lovecock for another series. I think he just probably has a contract or else they'd have canned his gay ass by now. TG and FG seem to respond to our demands pretty quick... remember that Iceland episode of TG? They apologized in the episode after for it sucking so much.

I honestly see no way they'd keep Lovecock for another series. I think he just probably has a contract or else they'd have canned his gay ass by now. TG and FG seem to respond to our demands pretty quick... remember that Iceland episode of TG? They apologized in the episode after for it sucking so much.

That's a good point, maybe they have a contract with Lovejoy so they can't cann him right now. If that's the case, hopefully the contract is just one season.

Let's pray... although I think I hate Jonny Smith even more because he has actual car segments.

Who are these people, anyway? What does Jonny Smith know about cars? Reading a list of a cars features while you stare right into the camera (as opposed to the road ahead) doesn't make you a good presenter... and Jonny sounds like a 6 year old schoolboy.

Johnny Smith actually doesn't bother me as much as Lovejoy. He's segments are boring, but watchable.

^ Agreed :)

Johnny aint that bad, He actually made me laugh in last segment...
next time Johnny, piss on the grass then you won't get any splashback :p

I seriously think Johnny just needs a decent topic. Yes, the shit about chipfat sucks as far as we petrolheads are concerned, but it's not his fault he's stuck with it. Maybe if they let him do something interesting...
Lovecock has got to go though...he's atrocious.

"Yes, the shit about chipfat sucks as far as we petrolheads are concerned [...]"

No? It's interesting, it means we can drive cheaply around. That's what we like. Even though Top Gear did it waaaaaay back. Didn't the bloke on TG say that with the white spirit in it, it would perform as well - or better - as diesel?

the spirits i believe is more of an antifreeze idea to keep the fat from thickening up too much when it gets colder.

yeah it think they add that to my the fuel less fatty and to stop it clogging up the filters in the engine. also helps the combustion, because the fat is thicker than diesel and has less energy.i've heard people put methanol in it too. lots of land rover owners have tried this, it only takes a few simple modifications to the engine to keep the fat warm. you need to be prepared to change filters regularly too.

not sure if i would actually go ahead and use fat, with all the hassle of finding it and then totalling up the tax, but if it's saving me maybe ?10 per tank, it would be worth it.

does anyone know a petrol alternative like this? 2.25 series 3s drink fuel (20mpg on a long run) and i really want one.

Hello,
In case anyone wanted the codes to turn off TC in the MB, here is a link to Benzworld

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w203-c-class/1209397-c230-kompressor-dyno-mode.html?highlight=codes

The episode was ok. I still like TG the best. The chipfat story is right up my alley since I drive a TDI ( No big deal for Europeans but in the US almost all dieasels are lorries.) Normally when people use Waste Vegatable Oil (without further processing) they have two tanks. One regular diesel and one WVO. You start and end on regular diesel but once the WVO heats up, the car runs off of the WVO. This way no clogged filters.

If you have an account there can you share those two pictures?

I couldn't be arsed to sign up, considering I don't have an ML63. :boohoo:

Hello,
In case anyone wanted the codes to turn off TC in the MB, here is a link to Benzworld

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w203-c-class/1209397-c230-kompressor-dyno-mode.html?highlight=codes

The episode was ok. I still like TG the best. The chipfat story is right up my alley since I drive a TDI ( No big deal for Europeans but in the US almost all dieasels are lorries.) Normally when people use Waste Vegatable Oil (without further processing) they have two tanks. One regular diesel and one WVO. You start and end on regular diesel but once the WVO heats up, the car runs off of the WVO. This way no clogged filters.
The codes are different for AMG's you must remember. I mean, why would you wanna off the ESP on a C-Class :lmao:

Have fun in snow? :tease:

This was on the second page - Try at your own risk:)

Here ya go....dont know if this is what your looking for....copied straight from mbklasse.com:

****Warning - turning this off will disable ESP AND ABS**** Have Fun

How do I disabling Traction Control completely or put the car in Dyno mode?

To start, the key must be removed from the ignition.
Insert the key and turn to position 1.
Immediately press and hold the trip odometer reset button until the instrument cluster beeps. There is no visual message, only an audio beep. Be patient, this takes around 40 seconds.
Press the lower menu button (it looks like two sheets of paper, the one with the writing in the background behind the blank one)
Press the up arrow button.
Press the "+" sign to disable the Traction System (turn "ON" test mode)
Start the engine, the traction system is now disabled.
To return to normal, remove the key and restart the engine. The traction control warning should no longer be in the cluster. If it is, shut the engine off and remove the key again. Then insert the key and turn to position 1. Note that the DYNO test screen is displayed immediately. Push the "-" button to enable the traction system (turn "OFF" test mode)

Note : When you first turn the key to position 1, ESP DYNO Test screen pops up, then after 1-2 seconds it may disappear while faults are displayed. If you weren't fast enough in pressing the "-" button before codes were displayed, just wait until all codes cycle by, then the ESP DYNO Test screen will reappear.

Yes, The link was to a page about model w203(which happens to be my friend's Merc)

If you have a different Merc just do a search for that Merc. Everything is there just look. As for the pics...

51_1544841_726200595242PM.JPG

51_1544841_7262005105320PM.JPG

But the real info is on page 2. Again I believe that this works on all late model Mercs but your mileage may vary.